'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Todd Helton comes to mind, but I think most people believe that worked out okay for both UT and Todd.
Was a different time also. Peyton himself was a 3 season athlete in high school...tho football was his obvious choice. Kyler Murray would be the current day example but most forget he wasn’t a full time starter at QB until his last season at Oklahoma after not snatching the job at A&M. And it would have been interesting if the A’s could have money ticed him into going full baseball. Maybe Horn would be content on the bench for 2-3 seasons whilst playing baseball. The unknown is what if he excels and has to make that decision before it’s his time up to take the starter reigns? That’s the primary reason the previous AND current staff are taking their heavy swing at Simpson.

Was a different time also. Peyton himself was a 3 season athlete in high school...tho football was his obvious choice. Kyler Murray would be the current day example but most forget he wasn’t a full time starter at QB until his last season at Oklahoma after not snatching the job at A&M. And it would have been interesting if the A’s could have money ticed him into going full baseball. Maybe Horn would be content on the bench for 2-3 seasons whilst playing baseball. The unknown is what if he excels and has to make that decision before it’s his time up to take the starter reigns? That’s the primary reason the previous AND current staff are taking their heavy swing at Simpson.

To be fair the As did pay him a lot of money and he had to pay it back

At the time I thought he was a damn fool. I was wrong

Reactions: Kristy*
Flowers has already made a mistake not playing baseball
Flowers had his first season of full health at safety just last year. He was pretty consistent. He could have a big year.

He wasn't some special baseball prospect...

Flowers had his first season of full health at safety just last year. He was pretty consistent. He could have a big year.

So many defend Flowers, but he hasn't done anything. Warrior was better and he wasn't that good.

Don't think he is any good tbh. Was wanting Key to take his place all of last season.

To be fair the As did pay him a lot of money and he had to pay it back

At the time I thought he was a damn fool. I was wrong

Same. I thought he could have been a star in baseball, and I didn't think his QB college success would translate as well as it has to NFL success. I was way wrong.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Where would Tennessee turn for a Class of 2022 quarterback if it doesn’t land Simpson on Friday? All signs are still pointing to four-star quarterback Sam Horn of Collins Hill High School in Suwanee, Ga., being next in line on the Vols’ board, and Heupel’s staff already has started to develop a relationship with the top-100 prospect. Sources said Horn has been in contact with Heupel, quarterbacks coach Joey Halzle and offensive coordinator Alex Golesh over the past couple weeks, and Tennessee now is talking with Horn almost every day. A
two-sport standout who is also hoping to play baseball in college and has been in contact with Tennessee baseball coach Tony Vitello’s staff.

Agreed. His first two years were cut short due to injury right when he was coming on. Then has no spring and a weird fall camp. He flashed several times especially with improvement in the run game. Flowers wasn’t the issue at S imo. People also need to remember he was new to football his SR yr of Hs. I could see Banks helping him take a jump this year allowing him to be free and play aggressive.

VN Store

Back