'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

JG pulled a JG but his name shouldn't be specifically mentioned for Georgia State. Not unless y'all are using the word "also" in conjunction.

Right after you mention the run game, the OL, most of the defense and primarily, coaching.

Use the BYU game. Defensive mistakes but it never should've came down to the last play. That's legitimate. Singling out any position against GS downplays the ****show that was put on display by everyone in orange that day.
To be fair JG hit Jennings right in the chest for a TD and it was dropped and picked off.

I think if Bailey wins the job, he will have earned it by beating out a senior. The staff still has some trust in JG, or no trust in the others, but if Bailey wins the job, it indicates he has a chance to be very good.
Agree about Bailey. But they were ready to give the keys to Maurer before he got hurt. And they continued to give him reps with the 1's later in the season. A lot of people writing him off... he still has a good shot if he cleans up the mental mistakes.

I would love to pull for Shrout for no other reason that his cannon. If reports are to believed he has the best arm in the group. It is hard to understand why he's developed so slow.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Agree about Bailey. But they were ready to give the keys to Maurer before he got hurt. And they continued to give him reps with the 1's later in the season. A lot of people writing him off... he still has a good shot if he cleans up the mental mistakes.

I would love to pull for Shrout for no other reason that his cannon. If reports are to believed he has the best arm in the group. It is hard to understand why he's developed so slow.
I agree it's a good sign if Maurer wins the job

I agree it's a good sign if Maurer wins the job
I think it is a "good sign" if any of the others win the job. It is possibly a "good sign" if JG wins it if that means he has improved and not simply a matter of being the best of bad options again.... and not even consistently that.

Reactions: drvenner
This sucks. Bailey is so good and is going to have us ready to contend for a national title in 2021, but by then the Coronavirus will have killed us all and we won't be around to see it... :(

Vol Luck

giphy.gif

I think it is a "good sign" if any of the others win the job. It is possibly a "good sign" if JG wins it if that means he has improved and not simply a matter of being the best of bad options again.... and not even consistently that.
Yes. We need somebody to take the job because they are performing well and not because they're preforming the least worst. My only point was that if everything is equal, the staff likely sticks with JG. If someone else gets it, I hope it's because they are clearly better and not because we just have to try something else.

Reactions: Devo182
From a poster on VQ: Bad news for TN. 😉😉

No question about Harry Bailey’s talent. But lots of speculation he’ll leave school early to take over the family Building & Loan business. Maybe a handshake deal with his brother or something. Don’t shoot the messenger. Just Henry Potter

if he does he’ll end up slinging drinks to Pottersville’s finest at Nick‘s bar

From a poster on VQ: Bad news for TN. 😉😉

No question about Harry Bailey’s talent. But lots of speculation he’ll leave school early to take over the family Building & Loan business. Maybe a handshake deal with his brother or something. Don’t shoot the messenger. Just Henry Potter
Yeah those guys are funny.

To be fair JG hit Jennings right in the chest for a TD and it was dropped and picked off.

Shoot, we had either 3 or 4 turnovers for the game. It was just bad.

Georgia Southern didn't throw 1 single TD against them, (7of10 total) and still beat Georgia State 38-10.
Sucks but we had to fail at every aspect to lose that game.

Thankyou!!!! Just an excuse that'sused.. His inability to read a Defense, slow decision making and waiting on a WR to get open instead of throwing to the right spot is just a few of his issues.
If he could just throw a receiver open, it would make a World of difference. Not to mention the other inabilities he could improve on, which you already mentioned.

Reactions: StoVol and VOLSONLY
Defense played well enough that with average QB play we win by at least 3 td’s. But we got horrendous QB play instead. So bad was the play at that position, he ended up being not allowed to pass in the second half. Even with the bad defensive performance against GSU, plays were there to be made on offense all game long and our QB could not make them. These are facts.

Every post I’ve read in here just really underestimates the fact of how offense and defense play hand in hand and when you have bad offense you usually have bad defense..zero energy and zero spark Whenever everyone is scoring people start to have more fun and play harder,nobody likes to ge their asses kicked.so in the end it does start with JG because he is the leader of the team..and he sucks so,New QB.New Team! TIFWIW

Every post I’ve read in here just really underestimates the fact of how offense and defense play hand in hand and when you have bad offense you usually have bad defense..zero energy and zero spark Whenever everyone is scoring people start to have more fun and play harder,nobody likes to ge their asses kicked.so in the end it does start with JG because he is the leader of the team..and he sucks so,New QB.New Team! TIFWIW

Haha, that wasn't what happened in this argument.
I was disappointed because I saw no improvement from JG.
Yet our defense improved steadily throughout the year, regardless of QB play. It's right there in every stat and everyone saw it themselves.

This debate isn't about JG's ability, it's because some blamed him for every other loss he started but said everyone was to blame on 1 freaking game..ONE, and even that wasn't good enough.

I've been on bad QB play all season, even before it became popular.
But no, I saw what I saw on the GS game. Which was our team playing like **** before JG's 1st mistake.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

VN Store

Back