'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

I hope Harrison Bailey comes in takes the job , leaves no doubt, and the team is all in with him at the helm.

In reality he is a freshman and the SEC is a tough place to get your sea legs under you.

Maybe Maurer eats a sandwich or two and surprises everyone. Spring practice is going to be a wild ride this year.

did @Sleegro run out of those ocd-triggering pics?

He won't get the alert but that's 1 of my favorite VNisms.

But he may not use it here. Bailey is on campus and vying for the starting job. JG's performance is actually relevant for a change.

I got you @Sleegro
YlZRtVt.jpg

I hope Harrison Bailey comes in takes the job , leaves no doubt, and the team is all in with him at the helm.

In reality he is a freshman and the SEC is a tough place to get your sea legs under you.

Maybe Maurer eats a sandwich or two and surprises everyone. Spring practice is going to be a wild ride this year.
Maurer’s experience edge is negligible. He got in some games...he made some plays. Never a full game’s worth and just enough appearances in the season to be unable to redshirt.

Reactions: rekinhavoc

With Maurer it would be more than a surprise

Reactions: rekinhavoc
They didn’t rank 23rd after the first two games. They also had the terrible bust against BYU. Plenty of blame to go around.
We knew that the DL would need time to gel.

We had reason to expect that the O led by a RS Jr returning starter should be able to take the pressure off and score points. You want to shift blame. That's pretty ridiculous considering that in the weeks following UT's 30 pts vs GSU (including a late TD when the game was essentially over)... GSU gave up 42 to FCS Furman, 57 to W Mich, 37 to Texas St, and 38 to Ark St. In all, nine of GSU's other 11 opponents scored more points than JG and the O he was supposed to lead scored. UT is the only P-5 opponent they played.

If you want to say the D's "share" is 10%... I can buy that. If you are trying to say it is equal... no.

Murf Baldwin with some really good analysis and insight on HB. Trigger warning: he's a major UGA homer. Nonetheless, I generally respect his knowledge of X's and O's and evaluation of athletes and recruits.

He used to post on here...always brought the good stuff. Didn’t know where his allegiances lay but that explains some things. 😉 Might subscribe to that channel...knows his stuff. Some guys get on here and pretend to know half of what this dude clearly lays out.

We knew that the DL would need time to gel.

We had reason to expect that the O led by a RS Jr returning starter should be able to take the pressure off and score points. You want to shift blame. That's pretty ridiculous considering that in the weeks following UT's 30 pts vs GSU (including a late TD when the game was essentially over)... GSU gave up 42 to FCS Furman, 57 to W Mich, 37 to Texas St, and 38 to Ark St. In all, nine of GSU's other 11 opponents scored more points than JG and the O he was supposed to lead scored. UT is the only P-5 opponent they played.

If you want to say the D's "share" is 10%... I can buy that. If you are trying to say it is equal... no.
I want to share blame, not shift it. I said he was pretty awful. He definitely gets a chunk of it. Not going to debate any more. Hope HB wins the job.

Why? He has physical talent. He plays aggressive. He makes too many mistakes. If he's coachable then it really wouldn't be all that surprising if he competed for the job.
I haven't seen what you've seen apparently.

I want to share blame, not shift it. I said he was pretty awful. He definitely gets a chunk of it. Not going to debate any more. Hope HB wins the job.
Why? No one knows that he will be a good Vol QB ever... much less as a true Fr.

I simply hope that UT gets much better QB play next year than they did last year from whoever plays. I do not "hate" JG... it is just my honest opinion that he doesn't have it in him to consistently play the position effective enough to win.

I'm OK with Maurer, Shrout, Hill, Bailey, or even Holiday... as long as they move the O and score points consistently.

Just to be honest I’m pulling for Mauer to win the job. If he wins the job it means he has developed and the coaches trust him to make the right reads and decisions. He has plenty of arm strength and the team rallied around him last year. The big thing though is he can do something different than any of the other qbs beside Holliday which is a running threat. It adds another thing for the defense to worry about.

They didn’t rank 23rd after the first two games. They also had the terrible bust against BYU. Plenty of blame to go around.

As far as yards go we gave up 334.5 gm total, 194 passing and 140 gm rushing. The first 2 games we averaged giving up 345 game, 160 rushing and 185 passing. At 345 a game we would have ranked #32. The only real difference was we gave up 21.7 pts a game for the year but 33.5 the 1st two games. Thats a big difference in scoring for the yardage to be fairly similar. Biggest issue was we had 4 Turnovers 2 int/2 fumbles vs only 1 fumble combined. The first 2 games we had 822 yards offensively vs giving up 691 yards. Our 4 turnovers vs their 1 hurt..As did our Redzone offense and settling for 3 FG's vs Ga St. We scored 23 vs Ga St then added that meaningless TD with 2 Seconds left to make it look closer..Then against BYU our Redzone offense was horrible and settled for 4 more FG's. Our first 2 games we kicked 7 FG's and scored 5 TD's.

Why? No one knows that he will be a good Vol QB ever... much less as a true Fr.

I simply hope that UT gets much better QB play next year than they did last year from whoever plays. I do not "hate" JG... it is just my honest opinion that he doesn't have it in him to consistently play the position effective enough to win.

I'm OK with Maurer, Shrout, Hill, Bailey, or even Holiday... as long as they move the O and score points consistently.
I think if Bailey wins the job, he will have earned it by beating out a senior. The staff still has some trust in JG, or no trust in the others, but if Bailey wins the job, it indicates he has a chance to be very good.

As far as yards go we gave up 334.5 gm total, 194 passing and 140 gm rushing. The first 2 games we averaged giving up 345 game, 160 rushing and 185 passing. At 345 a game we would have ranked #32. The only real difference was we gave up 21.7 pts a game for the year but 33.5 the 1st two games. Thats a big difference in scoring for the yardage to be fairly similar. Biggest issue was we had 4 Turnovers 2 int/2 fumbles vs only 1 fumble combined. The first 2 games we had 822 yards offensively vs giving up 691 yards. Our 4 turnovers vs their 1 hurt..As did our Redzone offense and settling for 3 FG's vs Ga St. We scored 23 vs Ga St then added that meaningless TD with 2 Seconds left to make it look closer..Then against BYU our Redzone offense was horrible and settled for 4 more FG's. Our first 2 games we kicked 7 FG's and scored 5 TD's.
Turnovers hurt, no doubt. The defense still could not get the needed stops.

VN Store

Back