'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Yes, because perception matters.
source.gif

Reactions: bignewt
Ask Farrell: How should final 2020 QB rankings

The top contender is Tennessee signee
Harrison Bailey, who completed nearly 70 percent of his passes in his senior season for 4,674 yards with 50 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also rushed for three scores. However, Bailey did not participate in the All-American Bowl week because of injury.

Dominated one of the highest classifications in Georgia high school football and led his team to a state championship, but since he didn’t do meaningless workouts we can’t justify moving his ranking.

Rivals and 247 probably.

Dominated one of the highest classifications in Georgia high school football and led his team to a state championship, but since he didn’t do meaningless workouts we can’t justify moving his ranking.

Rivals and 247 probably.
As I said before, he is 4th in the all time ranking of g\Georgia high school QBs. That is outstanding regardless of what Rivals or 247 have hin ranked. It just adds credence to the thought that star ramkings are fabricated favoring the players who attend their camps. Screw them. we got the best Pro style QB in high school this year. Our offense will be nasty for the next three years.

So, so stupid. Perception matters and I actually do care about this. 2021 recruiting for WRs - "Hey, we got a 5-star STUD QB last cycle... come play for him..."

I think perception matters. Now, if we are recruiting a kid in the fall and we can point to 20TDs thrown by game 6, then I could care less. That speaks for itself. I'm more or less talking about Spring recruiting for 2021. Perception always matters...
i mean, i guess i get what you're saying on perception in general...but i just don't think we're' gonna see a WR, or any Offensive player, not pick TN b/c Bailey is only rated as a 4*.

but if he gets a 5th * all the sudden, AFTER he's done with HS, then, that same WR is gonna be "in".

it's kind of silly.

i mean, i guess i get what you're saying on perception in general...but i just don't think we're' gonna see a WR, or any Offensive player, not pick TN b/c Bailey is only rated as a 4*.

but if he gets a 5th * all the sudden, AFTER he's done with HS, then, that same WR is gonna be "in".

it's kind of silly.

well yes, because that sort of immediate knee-jerk judgement is not written about in Rivals articles. I'm saying, to a casual observer (2021 WR who is in star-gazing mode (most kids are)) - it would help alot to say hey man, we just brought in this 5 star QB who's gonna be throwing you bombs for 3 years.

well yes, because that sort of immediate knee-jerk judgement is not written about in Rivals articles. I'm saying, to a casual observer (2021 WR who is in star-gazing mode (most kids are)) - it would help alot to say hey man, we just brought in this 5 star QB who's gonna be throwing you bombs for 3 years.
i think you're gonna be hard pressed to find a WR that's being recruited at this level that wouldn't know the deal about HB, no matter his rating.

i think you're gonna be hard pressed to find a WR that's being recruited at this level that wouldn't know the deal about HB, no matter his rating.
Agreed, most kids worth their rating should already know. But still... i'd like to see him get the 5th star. He's been continually underrated in 2019.

Plan to resurrect UT offense:
✅ build an elite offensive line (Kennedy, Smith?, Morris, Wright, Carvin?, Calbert?)
✅ recruit elite playmakers (Gray, Small?, Whitehead?, Keyton?, Gibbs?, Calloway?, Hyatt?)
✅ recruit elite QBs (Bailey, Holliday?)

I feel like I'm counting chickens before they've hatched, but I feel good about the future offense.

VN Store

Back