'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Yeah and little do the fans know but HB and JG have know each other for 6 years or so. The way the fans are bashing JG is out of control. If I was HB I would step back and pay attention to that.

JG makes mistakes and does the best he can. It’s up to the coaches to make a change if his best isn’t good enough. No Qb is going to bench himself or say put the back up in.
"The fans"? Do you mean a really loud minority that Tweet at players? Didn't that group promise there wouldn't be more than 40,000 show up for the BYU game?

I would hope HB is smart enough to know the difference between Twitter warriors and THE TN fanbase.

"The fans"? Do you mean a really loud minority that Tweet at players? Didn't that group promise there wouldn't be more than 40,000 show up for the BYU game?

I would hope HB is smart enough to know the difference between Twitter warriors and THE TN fanbase.
He is. He attended the game that only had "40,000" in attendance. He sees the passion and the fan support.

Bailey had a ho hum game on Friday. He threw for 257 yards and two touchdowns. And like the statue he is, he also added a rushing touchdown as well to go on to win 28-9. Bailey now has 10 touchdowns against 1 interception playing some of the toughest competition in the country. Good grief 247 guys are dumb

Bailey had a ho hum game on Friday. He threw for 257 yards and two touchdowns. And like the statue he is, he also added a rushing touchdown as well to go on to win 28-9. Bailey now has 10 touchdowns against 1 interception playing some of the toughest competition in the country. Good grief 247 guys are dumb
Can't wait until he gets here.

Pruitt is NOT GETTING FIRED. Cmon people.
Sorry, bad verbiage on my part. I meant that if he keeps developing a habit of not holding players accountable, it will eventually cost him his job. Not that it would happen next week, next month, or even this season. I'm not calling him an abject failure, yet, nor am I calling for his job. However, he has A LOT of ground to make up with this fanbase.

Reactions: VolSummitt44
C+, but against those teams it should be way higher in my opinion.

I am still trying to figure it out, is it the play calling or the QB. Seems that Chaney is calling plays like he has UGA’s O-line.

I dont know if you've watched the same games I have but OL has done a solid job, much better than last year. When you have guys running wide open and no pressure on the QB yet he still throws into coverage or misses wide open receivers you can not put that on the coordinator. JG is just not comfortable for some reason, either hes in his own head or doesnt know what hes supposed to be doing out there.

Reactions: JacketVol
All we heard all offseason was that Chaney’s new offense gave JG a lot more freedom to run the show from presnap. Everyone was talking about that like it was a good thing, seemingly forgetting about JGs questionable ability to make even basic reads. It’s kinda played out the way I thought it would.
i was always a little skeptical there, but I definitely thought JG would be better given more protection. The OL pass and run pro has been much improved. JG still looks the same. Hopped off the bandwagon watching GST. Grabbed my pitchfork watching BYU. He has a strong arm, and nothing else.

Marietta moved up to 5th in the USA Today poll. We're the highest ranked public school in the country, the top 4 are all private.

Really tough game this week at Grayson.

St Joseph's, which Marietta knocked off the week before last, beat St John's (DC) which was ranked 3rd.
Isn't St John's the team with Rakim Jarrett?

i was always a little skeptical there, but I definitely thought JG would be better given more protection. The OL pass and run pro has been much improved. JG still looks the same. Hopped off the bandwagon watching GST. Grabbed my pitchfork watching BYU. He has a strong arm, and nothing else.

He didn’t look good last year at any point...even when the OL wasn’t terrible. Not sure what people were expecting with JG. He showed us who he is last year.

Reactions: StoVol
He didn’t look good last year at any point...even when the OL wasn’t terrible. Not sure what people were expecting with JG. He showed us who he is last year.

Chaney. Weinke. Martin. We all expected him to,improve. Why does that seem odd to you? Is it your contention that a football player cannot improve? If so, why?

Chaney. Weinke. Martin. We all expected him to,improve. Why does that seem odd to you? Is it your contention that a football player cannot improve? If so, why?

JG has a learning problem. He keeps making the same mistakes. So more experience/more time won’t fix it. Decent freshmen QB’s show learning improvement throughout the year. JG has not shown this. Time to move on.

Reactions: sonofUT62
JG has a learning problem. He keeps making the same mistakes. So more experience/more time won’t fix it. Decent freshmen QB’s show learning improvement throughout the year. JG has not shown this. Time to move on.

Oh I agree that its time to move on. But your post insinuated that it was crazy to have thought he would be better this year. I think most did. I know I did. I was wrong.

Reactions: jwilliams

VN Store

Back