'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

With everything that is going bad for UT, HG is a welcome ray of sunshine. For me, he would be the biggest disappoint if he were to go somewhere else. He is so much needed here. I believe more than any other positions and that's saying a lot.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Kid will have so much pressure on him, we will either have our savior or we will break the kid maybe before he was ready and able to be the savior.

Hope he has giant, I mean huge brass balls. Gonna need them.

You ain't kidding. Many of our fans belong to the cult of the easy fix though and believe it's as simple as changing quarterbacks.

Yeah and little do the fans know but HB and JG have know each other for 6 years or so. The way the fans are bashing JG is out of control. If I was HB I would step back and pay attention to that.

JG makes mistakes and does the best he can. It’s up to the coaches to make a change if his best isn’t good enough. No Qb is going to bench himself or say put the back up in.

Yeah and little do the fans know but HB and JG have know each other for 6 years or so. The way the fans are bashing JG is out of control. If I was HB I would step back and pay attention to that.

JG makes mistakes and does the best he can. It’s up to the coaches to make a change if his best isn’t good enough. No Qb is going to bench himself or say put the back up in.
What grade would you give JGs performance this year?

C+, but against those teams it should be way higher in my opinion.

I am still trying to figure it out, is it the play calling or the QB. Seems that Chaney is calling plays like he has UGA’s O-line.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol

I am still trying to figure it out, is it the play calling or the QB. Seems that Chaney is calling plays like he has UGA’s O-line.

He called a really good game Saturday. Over 200 yards rushing all we needed was complement play from QB and we win the game by 2 scores or more.

Thought the OL / playcalling were solid. JG had open receivers down field all night. Was in a great position to put up points, just couldn’t make the throws on time.

I see the same issues Eason had. Didnt see the field, there are multiple receivers wide open, which makes the decisions to rifle it into triple coverage consistently hard to swallow. I am not sure what the progressions are obviously but it seems there is alot of disconnect. The line blocked well enough vs byu for the plays he called to be successful. With GSU, they did not. I give him a D-. Part of the D- is because of who Tennessee played. it'll only get harder.

Reactions: Rishvol

GAST the Oline looked really bad but against BYU I dont think you can blame the online. BYU was credited with 1 sack and 1 QB hurry.

We had receivers running open and they weren't identified quick enough so throws came late or behind the WR.

I don't care how long they've known each other. HB knows this is big boy football, you play bad the fans let you know it. I bet HB thinks one thing..."you come back next year JG you are watching me play day one."

Yep, our problems are widespread. JG is bearing a disproportionate share of the blame with the fanbase. He is being made an "escape goat" to put this in Bama board language. Pruitt hacked me off also dumping on Alontae Taylor post game. He made a bad play or he got a bad signal from a teammate sure, and I completely understand Pruitt having some words with him on the field but I'd have taken a different approach at the post game presser. Alontae's one of "his" guys and has been a gamer and he's also played in the secondary without complaint to help the team despite being told he'd play WR during recruitment. Whatever bad apples there may be on the team, Alontae Taylor isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: justwatch123
All we heard all offseason was that Chaney’s new offense gave JG a lot more freedom to run the show from presnap. Everyone was talking about that like it was a good thing, seemingly forgetting about JGs questionable ability to make even basic reads. It’s kinda played out the way I thought it would.

I don't care how long they've known each other. HB knows this is big boy football, you play bad the fans let you know it. I bet HB thinks one thing..."you come back next year JG you are watching me play day one."
I'm not sure we qualify as "big boy" football at the moment.

All we heard all offseason was that Chaney’s new offense gave JG a lot more freedom to run the show from presnap. Everyone was talking about that like it was a good thing, seemingly forgetting about JGs questionable ability to make even basic reads. It’s kinda played out the way I thought it would.
This. It is clear that JG has the physical ability. He can make the throws. He just doesn't have the quick decision making and confidence to make them. He's not a bad kid. He's just out of his league in the SEC. That isn't bashing him. It's just stating the obvious based on what everyone without an agenda or blinders has seen. I'm not sure if we have anything better waiting behind him, but I think it's time to find out.

At 0-2, with our remaining schedule, this season is pretty much lost, and if Pruitt stubbornly runs out the same players who make the same mistakes over and over, his job may be the next thing that's lost. JG has been late on every decision he's made thru two games. He's lucky to not have 7-8 INTs in the two games.

This. It is clear that JG has the physical ability. He can make the throws. He just doesn't have the quick decision making and confidence to make them. He's not a bad kid. He's just out of his league in the SEC. That isn't bashing him. It's just stating the obvious based on what everyone without an agenda or blinders has seen. I'm not sure if we have anything better waiting behind him, but I think it's time to find out.

At 0-2, with our remaining schedule, this season is pretty much lost, and if Pruitt stubbornly runs out the same players who make the same mistakes over and over, his job may be the next thing that's lost. JG has been late on every decision he's made thru two games. He's lucky to not have 7-8 INTs in the two games.

Pruitt is NOT GETTING FIRED. Cmon people.

VN Store

Back