'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Alabama QBs in the NFL? Poopoo

He said “players”, not QBs, as in, all the guys who would be protecting him, who would be catching his passes, who would be getting sacks and turnovers on defense and giving him the ball back so he throw more passes and whatnot ....imho.

Butch got 5 stars to come here following Dooley

Not in year 1 he didn’t. In year two, there were no 5 star players, “just” a lot of 4stars headlined by instate players like Hurd and Malone. Wasn’t until year 3 that he got his 1st 5star recruits, KMac and Phillips.

Last edited:
Not in year 1 didn’t. In year two, there were no 5 star players, “just” a lot of 4stars headlined by instate players like Hurd and Malone. Wasn’t until year 3 that he got his 1st 5star recruits, KMac and Phillips.

Hurd and Malone were both 5 stars on at least one recruiting site

Hurd and Malone were both 5 stars on at least one recruiting site

On one and only one, just Rivals....not 247, not 247 composite, not ESPN, not Scout.....And after watching each of them play, 5 star status was quite the stretch, wouldnt you say?

On one and only one, just Rivals....not 247, not 247 composite, not ESPN, not Scout.....And after watching each of them play, 5 star status was quite the stretch, wouldnt you say?

Not really hurd was about to be our all time leading rusher in a system that didn't fit him perfectly and Malone showed what he could do his Jr yr. more of a putting players to position to succeed than a talent problem

Reactions: 3 people
Not really hurd was about to be our all time leading rusher in a system that didn't fit him perfectly and Malone showed what he could do his Jr yr. more of a putting players to position to succeed than a talent problem

You guys need to stop with the “Hurd was about to be our all-time leading rusher” stuff. It’s a false narrative. Did you watch him play? He was in no way a 5 star player. There are no great memories of his play....no great runs you can recall, no great games where Tennessee rode him to victory.

Hurd was only approaching the top of the rushing list because of all the carries he got....nearly 600 in 2.5 years, many which clearly should’ve been given to Kamara.....and a below average 4.5 yards per carry for a college running back, despite playing next to an elite running quarterback in the same backfield for most of his career.

He’s 6th or so on the all-time rushing leaders list for Tennessee and I personally wouldn’t list him among our top 10-12 all-time best running backs, and that’s being generous.....imho, he was only the 4th best runner on his own team in 2016 behind Kamara, Kelly and Dobbs.

Reactions: 2 people
You guys need to stop with the “Hurd was about to be our all-time leading rusher” stuff. It’s a false narrative. Did you watch him play? He was in no way a 5 star player. There are no great memories of his play....no great runs you can recall, no great games where Tennessee rode him to victory.

Hurd was only approaching the top of the rushing list because of all the carries he got....nearly 600 in 2.5 years, many which clearly should’ve been given to Kamara.....and a below average 4.5 yards per carry for a college running back, despite playing next to an elite running quarterback in the same backfield for most of his career.

He’s 6th or so on the all-time rushing leaders list for Tennessee and I personally wouldn’t list him among our top 10-12 all-time best running backs, and that’s being generous.....imho, he was only the 4th best runner on his own team in 2016 behind Kamara, Kelly and Dobbs.

He gets hated on because he left. I don't like him but I ain't going to act like he didn't help us win a lot of ball games when he was here. Guy is a heck of talent that should have went 3rd rd last yr at RB.

Reactions: 3 people

But...he was about to be our all time leading rusher...if numbers are a thing. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
He gets hated on because he left. I don't like him but I ain't going to act like he didn't help us win a lot of ball games when he was here. Guy is a heck of talent that should have went 3rd rd last yr at RB.

Not for me. I didn’t hate him when he quit, don’t hate him now, I don’t even dislike the kid.

I’m just looking at what he did here, how good he was.....I’m only discussing football here, not personality or character.

He was a good, hard-nosed runner who at times got some tough yards, at other times (way too many times) went down way too easy....and was never anything near what he was billed to be. Right at half his carries at Tennessee resulted in 0-2 yards or runs for a loss....let that sink in.

He was supposed to be this transcendent, Uber talented, big running back with great breakaway speed....the second coming of Eric Dickerson......he proved to be a poor man’s Eddie George, at best.

Instead, he was an average, plodding runner who in nearly 600 carries never so much as had one 50 yard yard run, never had a 200 yard game (best game at UT was 151 yards on 34 carries, 4.4 yards per carry) and was literally the worst starting running back in the SEC in 2016 while averaging all of 3.7 yards per carry.

Way too many guys are remembering Hurd as way more than he actually was here, which was an average back, who ran with great effort, who had absolutely no game breaking/homerun ability.....who was also the 4th best runner on his own team his last 2 years at UT.

Reactions: 2 people

Looking back at the situation, I feel a bit more sympathy for Hurd. I'm afraid he got Lyled to and instead of sticking it out like most did, he bolted in the middle of a season. But let's not act like he wasn't a great RB and football player. He wasn't mentally tough enough to deal with what went on but he is still a great player.

I try to remember the good times, like when he trucked that UGA DB...
7EAy7J.gif

Or when he told that other UGA DB to bring it...
ElatedPhysicalEasternglasslizard.gif

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back