'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

And yet, even with the lack of talent at Mizzou, Bryant still put up better numbers than JG this season. Higher completion percentage, fewer interceptions per attempt, more passing yards, 4 times as many rushing yards.

Yes, Clemson inflated him. But Bryant was still successful there. And TL was able to win the job fairly quickly. We don't have a proven successful QB here. So it's not unthinkable that a talented true freshman could compete for and potentially win the starting job sometime this year. And he wouldn't even have to be a TL type talent for that to happen.

Not sure what Devo was looking at this year...

K Bryant
2,285 yards 15 tds 6 ints (10 games)

J Gaurantano
2,186 yards 16 tds 8 ints (13 games)

....what is it going to take. Smh

Reactions: whodeycin85
Not sure what Devo was looking at this year...

K Bryant
2,285 yards 15 tds 6 ints (10 games)

J Gaurantano
2,186 yards 16 tds 8 ints (13 games)

....what is it going to take. Smh
Volume numbers...yikes, this isn't 1980. Would you also say WSU is the greatest passing team ever and the academies are the best rushing teams?

JG had fewer attempts. QBR 144 vs 138.5 for KB.

JG YPA 8.4
KB 7.6

Comparable imo, being nice to KB.

Volume numbers...yikes, this isn't 1980. Would you also say WSU is the greatest passing team ever and the academies are the best rushing teams?

JG YPA 8.4
KB 7.6

Fewer attempts. Fewer chances for us to move the ball and score?
Over 3 more games...

QBR is a "nice" attempt at quantifying the impact of the QB of a game overall. But id rather just use my eyes. JG was not as good as Bryant. And Bryant isn't that great of a QB himself...

Relative to competition LSU was the best by far. Statistically too
Service academies absolutely are the best rushing teams. That's what they specialize at...

Believe what you want. I really don't care to debate JG anymore.

JG YPA 8.4
KB 7.6

Okay, I think KB had better numbers this year based on Completion %, Interceptions/Attempts, Passing Yards, and Rushing Yards (by far).

You think they were comparable (being nice to KB) based on QBR and YPA.

Fair with the QBR maybe, but one could easily argue the YPA. A lot of JG's YPA were due to play-makers coming down with deep 50/50 balls and also yards after contact, like Jennings who refused to be tackled. The kind of play-makers Mizzou didn't have for Bryant.

BUT, none of that was the point. The point was Bryant was successful at Clemson when he lost his starting job. Guarantano has not been overly successful here. My original post was to someone claiming that not even Trevor Lawrence could come in and win a starting job, so it was very unlikely that Bailey could either. I pointed out that Lawrence did win the starting job quickly and over a more proven QB. Again, Bryant had just led Clemson to the CFP. JG couldn't even hold down the starting job all year.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
BUT, none of that was the point. The point was Bryant was successful at Clemson when he lost his starting job. Guarantano has not been overly successful here. My original post was to someone claiming that not even Trevor Lawrence could come in and win a starting job, so it was very unlikely that Bailey could either. I pointed out that Lawrence did win the starting job quickly and over a more proven QB. Again, Bryant had just led Clemson to the CFP. JG couldn't even hold down the starting job all year.
You said:
"It's not like HB is competing against a Kelly Bryant type QB for the starting job here"

We have disbunked this theory merely using his Mizzou numbers, shall we dig further?

You also said in reference to Bryant, "who had just led Clemson to the CFP the previous year".

Lol. Wish to comb over his Clemson stats that season? They are not that good...13 TDs/8 INTs...131 QBR...7.0 YPA 🤣🤣🤣

So, you still want to argue KB at Clemson was some monster player that had to be dethroned, on a different level from JG?

The JG hate is real smh

Reactions: k-town_king
You said:
"It's not like HB is competing against a Kelly Bryant type QB for the starting job here"

He's not. He's competing against a QB that hasn't had near the success at this point in his career.

We have disbunked this theory merely using his Mizzou numbers, shall we dig further?

You said, "Bryant was worse than JG this season." We have debunked this theory using stats. You now say "comparable." Agree to disagree.

You also said in reference to Bryant, "who had just led Clemson to the CFP the previous year".

Did he not?

Lol. Wish to comb over his Clemson stats that season? They are not that good...13 TDs/8 INTs...131 QBR...7.0 YPA 🤣🤣🤣

Don't forget about the 665 rushing yards and 11 rushing TDs, to which JG had none.

And the season in which TL won the starting job from Bryant? 146.9 QBR with 8.5 YPA. 🤣🤣🤣 Not to mention his 4.3 rushing yds avg (3.5 the prior season). JG had 54 total yds this year at a 1.1 avg. Better than his negative totals the previous two years I guess. Bryant had more rushing yards in his 4 games during his final season at Clemson than JG has had in his career here.

So, you still want to argue KB at Clemson was some monster player that had to be dethroned, on a different level from JG?

The JG hate is real smh

I have no hate for JG. I hope he improves enough to win the starting job. But no, he hasn't been as good for us as Bryant was for Clemson. And it is not only possible, but likely that we will have a QB competition before the season starts and throughout the season. And no, I don't think Bailey would have to be as talented as TL to win the starting job.

Either way, I trust that our coaches will play the QB they feel will give us the best chance to succeed.

Last edited:
^^^ Talking KB's stats...at Clemson in 2018...

2 TDs, 1 INT in 4 games vs...
FCS Furman
A&M
Ga Southern
Ga Tech

🤣

Maybe just a KB or Clemson fan, but c'mon with that silliness. Bringing up stats vs those 4 openers is rich. No need to keep talking with such intellectual dishonesty...all to rail against a VFL no less. Smh. I can't imagine, but have fun with that. Bye

Last edited:

VN Store

Back