'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Ask yourself, has JG matured and gotten better? Remains to be seen if Hill can. We shall see in the spring.

Madam, with all due respect. Your information is "outdated"

In 2017 he as averaging 110 pass yards and 0.44 Td's a game.
2019 he averaged 165 pass yards and 1.2 Td's a game.

If you're going to criticize a player; at least know the facts!!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
This our hope for finally turning this thing around. If he’s bad, we’re toast. Should be the day 1 starter
Bass, we've had the worst luck for the longest time. I just can't bring myself to even imagine in the slightest that Bailey will bust.
I hate that the pressure's on this kid, but I think he's up for the challenge. It's about damn time we get some of that luck our rivals have had. Gray and To'o-To'o are freshmen that played like seasoned veterans. All about the mindset, and I think Bailey has it.
Please 😅

No. JG is the reason UT did NOT return to relevancy this year. He was the primary reason for the 2 upset losses which is why Pruitt finally and grudgingly benched him.

He had had a couple of good games against Auburn and UK in '18. He had 3 good games this year. Other than that, he simply hasn't been good enough. He doesn't move the O. He doesn't lead the O to points. Most of what is wrong with him STILL boils down to him processing much too slow. How many times did the announcer of the IU game speak the word "late" to describe a JG throw? It is a chronic problem and has been since he started playing at UT.

I had truly hoped he was past it. I hoped that you and others were right and Vandy was just a product of his personal loss and a wet ball. This game against a really bad D... indicates he still isn't consistent or dependable.

UT had a LOT more talent than IU. If you believe in "stars" then you cannot claim that a program that averaged 50th over the past 4 years without a single 4/5* player has as much talent as a program that averaged 16th with over 30 4/5* players. UT won last night in spite of JG... not because of him.
Agreed. The reason why we weren't up by 2+ touchdowns at the half as well.

Reactions: sjt18 and Tnfan41
he was right off the bench in a bowl game...he was trying to make it happen. I can't fault him for that. He also led them right down the field and made a throw on the run on third down that JG could never make.
That kid's throws on the runs are a thing of beauty. He's got a great arm and good accuracy, he just pushes passes that simply aren't there. Like his almost pick. He was dad accurate with it, but the timing was off and you can't force a pass when your wr isn't open or has a good chance to make a play.

That kid's throws on the runs are a thing of beauty. He's got a great arm and good accuracy, he just pushes passes that simply aren't there. Like his almost pick. He was dad accurate with it, but the timing was off and you can't force a pass when your wr isn't open or has a good chance to make a play.
One thing I wanted to see for JG in the first game (to show me he was more comfortable) was a looseness in the pocket. I think HB has that. You don’t want your QB overthinking in the pocket, they need to scan their progressions quickly and anticipate which one wins the best matchup. Can’t wait for them to just be open.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

Are dads known for their accuracy?

One thing I wanted to see for JG in the first game (to show me he was more comfortable) was a looseness in the pocket. I think HB has that. You don’t want your QB overthinking in the pocket, they need to scan their progressions quickly and anticipate which one wins the best matchup. Can’t wait for them to just be open.
Yup. HB has good FB IQ, and he's got a knack for scanning the field, and going through his progressions without getting caught up like a deer in headlights like JG.

Reactions: StoVol
I admire how JG has endured the coaching for his failures as well as hanging in there and being a team player--and was willing to welcome him back for next season.
However, after his dismal performance last night after having 3-4 weeks off--him being here in the Spring would be bad news for next year--IMO

I'm just done with the inconsistencies at the QB position.
It's not like JG hasn't had his fair number of opportunities to prove himself...and yet still he can't hit open receivers in the red zone and we're 111th in scoring TDs in the red zone.

Just cannot tolerate that poor red zone play from your starting QB....

Thanks, JG, but maybe you could serve another team in a lesser conference.

His like an old jalopy if he sits a long time he takes way to long to get cranked up and warmed up. Like end of 4th qrt

Reactions: MikeVol44
No. JG is the reason UT did NOT return to relevancy this year. He was the primary reason for the 2 upset losses which is why Pruitt finally and grudgingly benched him.

He had had a couple of good games against Auburn and UK in '18. He had 3 good games this year. Other than that, he simply hasn't been good enough. He doesn't move the O. He doesn't lead the O to points. Most of what is wrong with him STILL boils down to him processing much too slow. How many times did the announcer of the IU game speak the word "late" to describe a JG throw? It is a chronic problem and has been since he started playing at UT.

I had truly hoped he was past it. I hoped that you and others were right and Vandy was just a product of his personal loss and a wet ball. This game against a really bad D... indicates he still isn't consistent or dependable.

UT had a LOT more talent than IU. If you believe in "stars" then you cannot claim that a program that averaged 50th over the past 4 years without a single 4/5* player has as much talent as a program that averaged 16th with over 30 4/5* players. UT won last night in spite of JG... not because of him.
All those times IU’s defense shot through gaps and hit JG wasn’t his fault. I digress. I rather go watch paint dry or talk to a wall than attempt to reason with you.

As if our online the last 2 or 3 years could even handle any kind of pass rush. Lmao there are so many variables that just go right over the heads or the angry reds.

I hope this kid is in the weight room 7 days a week and has a copy of the playbook already. Whether he’s capable of starting over our other guys next sept 1 or not, I think he should start. Unless Maurer or shrout make strides, this kid is our known future. We need him ready ASAP.

I’m honestly not impressed with Maurer. If Shrout learns to not throw the ball across his body he has a better chance of starting then Maurer, Shrout has way more arm talent. But yeah.
I agree with you. In my opinion of the three, Maurer comes in a distant third place when talent is the topic of conversation

VN Store

Back