'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Jeez...you weren't kidding. Top 5 pro-style QBs from the following classes:

2014: Kyle Allen (ok), Keller Chryst (meh/ok), David Cornwell (lol), Sean White (lol), Drew Barker (gave up football in 2018)
2015: Josh Rosen (they were right there), Brady White (one good season at Memphis last year after transferring from AZ St.), Jake Browning (good), Zach Gentry (played TE), Ricky Town (lol)
2016: Jacob Eason (pretty good), KJ Costello (so far so good), Feleipe Franks (we'll see, but looks a little overrated at No. 3), Austin Kendall (hasn't done anything yet), Dwayne Haskins (should've been higher)
2017: Davis Mills (hasn't played), Hunter Johnson (lol so far), Jake Fromm (should've been No. 1), Kasim Hill (not bad so far), Chris Robinson (dismissed by OU, meh at FAU, in trouble there too)

Whole lotta "yikes" there.

But, but, but....STAR RANKINGS ARE GOSPEL AND NEVER WRONG.

Do you work for 247? If not, kinda of funny how you defend the crap out of them....

I've actually wondered the same thing.

Even a mildly disparaging word about the omnipitent recruiting services will inadvertently summon 24/7's white knight to defend his maiden's honor on the interwebs.

Jeez...you weren't kidding. Top 5 pro-style QBs from the following classes:

2014: Kyle Allen (ok), Keller Chryst (meh/ok), David Cornwell (lol), Sean White (lol), Drew Barker (gave up football in 2018)
2015: Josh Rosen (they were right there), Brady White (one good season at Memphis last year after transferring from AZ St.), Jake Browning (good), Zach Gentry (played TE), Ricky Town (lol)
2016: Jacob Eason (pretty good), KJ Costello (so far so good), Feleipe Franks (we'll see, but looks a little overrated at No. 3), Austin Kendall (hasn't done anything yet), Dwayne Haskins (should've been higher)
2017: Davis Mills (hasn't played), Hunter Johnson (lol so far), Jake Fromm (should've been No. 1), Kasim Hill (not bad so far), Chris Robinson (dismissed by OU, meh at FAU, in trouble there too)

Whole lotta "yikes" there.
Be interesting to see how Johnson does at Northwestern this year. I know he caught flak for transferring out of Clemson, but no shame in getting beat out by a once a decade type prospect like Trevor Lawerence.

Reactions: walkenvol
Be interesting to see how Johnson does at Northwestern this year. I know he caught flak for transferring out of Clemson, but no shame in getting beat out by a once a decade type prospect like Trevor Lawerence.
Don’t know if it was confidence or what, but he was bounce passing the ball to the same receivers in their Spring game. I was wondering where he went.

Don’t know if it was confidence or what, but he was bounce passing the ball to the same receivers in their Spring game. I was wondering where he went.
Butch wanted him and Feaster, neither seemed to do much. Tee and Amari have been solid there though.

FIRST TAKE: CHAD SIMMONS, SOUTHEAST RECRUITING ANALYST
“Bailey is a natural leader, and it starts there for him. He has always had that in him, but his game is really trending up for me this off-season. He’s always had a good arm, he’s always had a good head on his shoulders and he’s always been able to throw beautiful deep balls.
"Now he’s in the best shape of his high school career and he could be on the path to making a big impact in Knoxville. Bailey is a quarterback others want to play with and will play hard for, so he is definitely a player the Tennessee fans should be excited about and, yes, he can be one that could help the Vols take that next step.”
SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, NATIONAL RECRUITING DIRECTOR
“He’s a really good 7-on-7 quarterback, solid in games, but if the pieces aren’t there, I don’t care how good you are. Guarantano was almost a five-star and he’s more mobile than Bailey and he’s struggling. The offensive line has been an issue. They don’t have a ton of playmakers on that roster. It really depends on what talent they recruit around him.
“I don’t think a quarterback can really do it in college football by himself unless he’s a
Lamar Jackson-type who can run and throw at an elite level and Bailey isn’t that guy.”
- Rivals

Safe to say Farrell is probably the one keeping him from getting that 5th star.

Saying we don’t have playmakers isn’t true. I mean, we don’t have bama’s playmakers, but we have Chandler and Gray, we have some young talent at receiver and TE. Don’t forget Keyton who Bailey is very comfortable woth. Oh, and this class isn’t over with yet, is it? Still a chance to grab Gilbert, Washington, Jarrett, Jones-Bell or other guys like that. That talk is just nonsense

Rusty asked if Bailey will pick TN?
Hey guys, check out what Rusty said about Bailey the night before he committed to TN. Here’s the quote:

“I don’t know yet
I would say tonight probably. Talk to him today, he wanted one more night to think it over
Michigan has recruited him HARD
Tenn too”

He did the commitment interview with BJ tonight imo and just isn’t going to give it away

Saying we don’t have playmakers isn’t true. I mean, we don’t have bama’s playmakers, but we have Chandler and Gray, we have some young talent at receiver and TE. Don’t forget Keyton who Bailey is very comfortable woth. Oh, and this class isn’t over with yet, is it? Still a chance to grab Gilbert, Washington, Jarrett, Jones-Bell or other guys like that. That talk is just nonsense
I don't think our skill players are appreciably below Bama. Where they have us beat is on both lines of scrimmage and depth.

Hey guys, check out what Rusty said about Bailey the night before he committed to TN. Here’s the quote:

“I don’t know yet
I would say tonight probably. Talk to him today, he wanted one more night to think it over
Michigan has recruited him HARD
Tenn too”

He did the commitment interview with BJ tonight imo and just isn’t going to give it away

It why these kids trust him. I doubt he will make a crystal ball pick on BJ for that reason.

VN Store

Back