'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

No I'm not a tin foil hat wearing crybaby.

Last year at least half of our commits moved up. Some several HUNDRED spots. A few moved down a few spots. Mainly due to injury.

The people who think Rivals hates us also think ESPN hates us. The crybabies and ignorant.

Those sites are not purposely targeting one of the biggest fanbases for hate. That would be a bad business decision. What incentive so they have to cost themselves potentially millions of dollars.

They talk about the good and popular teams. The sites are subjective. They are using opinions from coaches, camps, and film. Sometimes kids get missed or evaluated poorly.

Some fans can't handle anything not 100% positive.
If you don't think Woody Wommack doesn't like UT, I don't know what to tell you, dude.

Also, you talk about risking subscribers...how many times has UT fans brought up their bias against us; yet, they continue to go there, and subscribe there, and bring info from there to here?? It doesn't matter...we are recruiting junkies...we'll do anything for info, even if it's tainted. They know that, everyone knows that...well, except for you, it seems.

Tin-foil hat crybaby...totally and laughably oblivious...tin-foil hat crybaby...totally and laughably oblivious...

1) People have complained the past 6 years (the whole time I've been paying attention) about UT recruits dropping.

2) During the same span UT has sucked.

3) Ergo, do we have any proof they were wrong? Our field results say no. Hell, maybe more should have dropped.
Why even have a recruiting service if the main variable that matters is where the commit to? Problem I have with rivals is they do not actually do the work. They change rankings based on who the recruit commits to OR who goes to their camps. I have no problem with bumps BC of offers for sure but just bumping a kid BC of where he chooses to go is BS. Rivals is a BS service that has as much merit as if volnation decided to do a rating service; hell I almost believe some posters could do a better job than the analysts on rivals.

Why even have a recruiting service if the main variable that matters is where the commit to? Problem I have with rivals is they do not actually do the work. They change rankings based on who the recruit commits to OR who goes to their camps. I have no problem with bumps BC of offers for sure but just bumping a kid BC of where he chooses to go is BS. Rivals is a BS service that has as much merit as if volnation decided to do a rating service; hell I almost believe some posters could do a better job than the analysts on rivals.

I'm not sure that's their only value. Do they not scout camps, have insiders, scout games, etc? Genuine question, as I am really not sure what all they do. I know, at a minimum, they scout camps and have tons of contacts. They watch film. Do they scout games? Not sure of that one.

But to equate them to VN is ridiculous. At the very least they provide a baseline. Good luck baselining 10,000 recruits across this vast country every single year. Especially when HS stats don't always mean a ton.

I'm not sure that's their only value. Do they not scout camps, have insiders, scout games, etc? Genuine question, as I am really not sure what all they do. I know, at a minimum, they scout camps and have tons of contacts. They watch film. Do they scout games? Not sure of that one.

But to equate them to VN is ridiculous. At the very least they provide a baseline. Good luck baselining 10,000 recruits across this vast country every single year. Especially when HS stats don't always mean a ton.

Both make good points. I think 247 has better scouts on an overall national level and hence why as of lately they've been a better recruiting service to go by. They do their own and also take into account other services on their composite rating system. The rivals rankings have hurt our recruits/commits ratings overall more than it has helped but it comes with the territory I suppose. Like others have mentioned, rivals typically favor those that camp at their events. I'm still getting a kick out of the fake Bama recruit that they gave a 3-star ranking to.

Thing is if you are a good scout you are employed...with a team.

Maybe, but I've heard ESPN scouts are very well respected. Their issue is that department was gutted. Small staff, but of high quality.

Scouting for a service could also provide stability. College coaches come and go like clockwork and so can your job.

Who pays more? A recruiting analyst at Bama or ESPN? No idea, but I don't feel like most staffer scouts make a lot on teams.

Of course we are all speculating here. Would be great if an industry person were here. Could DM JAV if he ever re-appears on 247. Apparently has NFL scout experience.

I know it’s obvious and he’s committed and peer recruiting for UT........but keeping Bailey committed is priority #1 in ‘20 recruiting cycle.
You have a hot date, don’t leave her alone at the bar to go and talk to your friends.

Things should fall nicely into place if this happens.

VN Store

Back