'21 GA QB Brock Vandagriff (uga commit)

Is this kid even rated appropriately? He’s played in more high school games than bailey with 3k less yards, per maxpreps.

Seems like a camp star.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
I hope we don’t land this kid. But it’s because I hope Bailey comes in and takes the reigns as a true freshman and Brock wants to go somewhere with a clearer path to start sooner.
Shouldn't be a barrier for us. UGA took Eason -> Fromm -> Fields. OU, let's not even go down that road. There are zero guarantees, especially at QB. Hope we keep taking the best of the best and let them sort it out on the field.

Reactions: Kristy*
Who is your nephew? Any hudl film on him you can share?

Agree that you can’t coach the IT factor, or you don’t. You want a guy that refuses to quit.

Found some hudl film but I'm not tech savvy dont know how put on here. My nephew not at athens academy

Last edited:
Nice, I can see his # but can’t make out the team name?

That was when with athens academy . I'm trying find link for other film. Hes progressing well can throw it about 65 yards I'd say. My brother played with Kirby and stinchcomb back in the day. Cal has had chance speak with Chaney when he was in Athens.

Aighht here ya go. Better film

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinBob
Shouldn't be a barrier for us. UGA took Eason -> Fromm -> Fields. OU, let's not even go down that road. There are zero guarantees, especially at QB. Hope we keep taking the best of the best and let them sort it out on the field.

Yeah... and how’d that work out for them? “Sort it on the field” works at every position but QB.

Aighht here ya go. Better film
Gotta admit I’m confused. You posted film from Athens Academy and what appears to be Morgan County HS. There is also junior year film I found from a Cal Camp at Eagles Landing Christian (Hudl). Where has he played? Where is he now? Are there 2 Cal Camp junior QB’s in Georgia or did he play for ELCA as well? If he did, why did he leave (3 in a row state champs although this years QB could not throw, at all)....

Yeah... and how’d that work out for them? “Sort it on the field” works at every position but QB.
Pretty well with Fromm a 3 year starter...and that is even with them picking the wrong guy lol. Only 1 may win out, but you let the best one win out of a strong group. The opposite of "having all your eggs in 1 basket".

I thought this guy was QB at Buford? Am I thinking of someone else?
You are correct, he played at Buford and they had a coaching change, coach he liked was at Buford then Roswell then was hired by Denmark HS and Aaron basically followed the coach. Denmark is a new HS but in a good football area... they are 4A and Buford played up at 5A (they are a city school that allows anyone from Gwinnett County to attend which is basically how they recruit and have such a strong program as I understand it)...

Not knocking him, just saying he’s dropped a bit.
I’ve watched Brock in person several times, not watched Aaron but IMO, although both are listed as Pro Style QB’s both are very athletic and run a good bit. I think Aaron is more athletic, they both seem to have better arms than Bailey and both are better runners. However, I think both Aaron and Bailey have the “it” factor that I don’t see in Brock. Maybe it’s just that he didn’t have the players around him like last year. He is really good but I think the other two will be better. We will see in a few years...

Reactions: tbones0711
Um you ALWAYS take the best players you can get. If Pruitt can get this guy then you take him.

Um... I also never said WE wouldn’t take him. My post said I hope Bailey is playing so well this kid chooses to go somewhere else to play faster. Big difference.

You are correct, he played at Buford and they had a coaching change, coach he liked was at Buford then Roswell then was hired by Denmark HS and Aaron basically followed the coach. Denmark is a new HS but in a good football area... they are 4A and Buford played up at 5A (they are a city school that allows anyone from Gwinnett County to attend which is basically how they recruit and have such a strong program as I understand it)...
I guess I haven't paid attention to him in a couple of years. I live in Ellijay so I'm familiar with Buford. They have kind of always been the school everyone here talked about. (At least football and girls basketball).

I’ve watched Brock in person several times, not watched Aaron but IMO, although both are listed as Pro Style QB’s both are very athletic and run a good bit. I think Aaron is more athletic, they both seem to have better arms than Bailey and both are better runners. However, I think both Aaron and Bailey have the “it” factor that I don’t see in Brock. Maybe it’s just that he didn’t have the players around him like last year. He is really good but I think the other two will be better. We will see in a few years...
If you take everything into account. BV has the highest ceiling of any QB in the class. That’s the reason he is ranked the #1 QB and #4 player in the nation. Will he live up to it? No idea

Reactions: Gata 1
Gotta admit I’m confused. You posted film from Athens Academy and what appears to be Morgan County HS. There is also junior year film I found from a Cal Camp at Eagles Landing Christian (Hudl). Where has he played? Where is he now? Are there 2 Cal Camp junior QB’s in Georgia or did he play for ELCA as well? If he did, why did he leave (3 in a row state champs although this years QB could not throw, at all)....

The answer is within the question. Fun fact this was supposedly first state championship won in Ga with no passing yards. They want a running qb who can run draws etc and runs a 4.5 40yard dash. It was head scratcher from alot of the parents. They just want to run ball 95 percent of the time. He started out at Morgan and transferred there because of his dad's work. He loved Morgan Co

VN Store

Back