'21 GA QB Brock Vandagriff (uga commit)

Whitehead's team worked PAC this year and shut them out 24-0. Vandagriff lost to every good team he played this season playing A private school football.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Whitehead's team worked PAC this year and shut them out 24-0. Vandagriff lost to every good team he played this season playing A private school football.
I think Athens Academy is a lot bigger than Prince Avenue. I'll defer to someone with more knowledge but that's what I understand.

Just committed to UGA

Just saw this. Another 5* QB to Kirby. Kid is legit no matter how many here want to say he's not. Find me a VN thread post that said he wasn't legit when he committed to the Sooners over the summer. Amazing how butthurt folks get when we don't land a kid and some start hating on him for committing to our rival teams. I wish the heck he was a Vol, he is going to be a good ball player.

Just saw this. Another 5* QB to Kirby. Kid is legit no matter how many here want to say he's not. Find me a VN thread post that said he wasn't legit when he committed to the Sooners over the summer. Amazing how butthurt folks get when we don't land a kid and some start hating on him for committing to our rival teams. I wish the heck he was a Vol, he is going to be a good ball player.
Every fan base does this. Go look at UGA’s 247 page. Ppl brought up the posts from when he committed to OU and it’s the same stuff.

How much does UGA pay wiltfong to write stuff like this in his articles?

"Fromm was a terrific game manager for Georgia during his time under center and is the No. 6 quarterback on the CBSSports NFL Draft Board, but the five-star Vandagriff looks like a game-breaker."

"Fromm was a terrific game manager for Georgia during his time under center and is the No. 6 quarterback on the CBSSports NFL Draft Board, but the five-star Vandagriff looks like a game-breaker."
To be fair, there are a lot of QB’s who would look like playmakers compared to Fromm. Some of the issues were on Coley and some on the WR’s, but Fromm never had a good looking deep ball and seemed to rely on back shoulder throws a lot.

Kid isn't legit.

To be fair, there are a lot of QB’s who would look like playmakers compared to Fromm. Some of the issues were on Coley and some on the WR’s, but Fromm never had a good looking deep ball and seemed to rely on back shoulder throws a lot.
I think maybe you're being a little nit-picky... Fromm seems like a helluva quarterback to me. I'm sure he's got some holes in his game but there's a reason why he's discussed as being drafted as high as the 2nd round.

Maybe this Vandagriff kid is the next Trevor Lawrence, but he could just as easily be another Blake Barnett or Shea Patterson. And that's no knock on Shea. I'm aware that he threw for 3,000 yards this year. The article just felt like Wilfong was painting the perception that Vandagriff is an upgrade over Fromm and that seems like some ridiculously high praise.

I think maybe you're being a little nit-picky... Fromm seems like a helluva quarterback to me. I'm sure he's got some holes in his game but there's a reason why he's discussed as being drafted as high as the 2nd round.

Maybe this Vandagriff kid is the next Trevor Lawrence, but he could just as easily be another Blake Barnett or Shea Patterson. And that's no knock on Shea. I'm aware that he threw for 3,000 yards this year. The article just felt like Wilfong was painting the perception that Vandagriff is an upgrade over Fromm and that seems like some ridiculously high praise.
It could've just been the offensive turnover and OC Fromm had year 3 that caused the regression, but his arm strength was always a question. He also struggled in games with inclement weather due to hand size. Not saying he was a bad QB or anything, its just when you get to the NFL those small things will be picked apart since draft picks are so valuable. As for the Vandagriff part, I don't think they mean he'll be better as frosh, just that he has a higher ceiling. Whether or not he ever reaches that ceiling is unknown. If its dressed up more than that its probably just to drive clicks to the article for $$.

UGa has no one and he'll be up for the starting job once he's on campus. Didn't want to sit behind Bailey no way. Obviously, his best bet was to be a Pup.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
It could've just been the offensive turnover and OC Fromm had year 3 that caused the regression, but his arm strength was always a question.
Let me provide a rival's perspective: Fromm was not your problem. James Coley was awful. He reminded me of Randy Sanders. A program killing coordinator. I was sorry to see him demoted.

Recruiting services are just paid for the hyperbole :)

Reactions: bpalmer28
It could've just been the offensive turnover and OC Fromm had year 3 that caused the regression, but his arm strength was always a question. He also struggled in games with inclement weather due to hand size. Not saying he was a bad QB or anything, its just when you get to the NFL those small things will be picked apart since draft picks are so valuable. As for the Vandagriff part, I don't think they mean he'll be better as frosh, just that he has a higher ceiling. Whether or not he ever reaches that ceiling is unknown. If its dressed up more than that its probably just to drive clicks to the article for $$.

And that may depend on who his OC will be. The only way I see Todd Monken returning for a 2nd year in 2021 is if he only has moderate success in year 1. If he kills it, surely he'll bounce back to the NFL, right? Just so many unknowns.

The Vandagriff kid does have a lot of talent though, and the fact of the matter is that UGA got #1 ranked QB in the class. Time will tell if he ends up being the best, but knowing what we know today Kirby couldn't have done any better. Big get for you guys. Congrats.

And that may depend on who his OC will be. The only way I see Todd Monken returning for a 2nd year in 2021 is if he only has moderate success in year 1. If he kills it, surely he'll bounce back to the NFL, right? Just so many unknowns.

The Vandagriff kid does have a lot of talent though, and the fact of the matter is that UGA got #1 ranked QB in the class. Time will tell if he ends up being the best, but knowing what we know today Kirby couldn't have done any better. Big get for you guys. Congrats.
Monken never stays in one spot long, so who knows there. Definitely happy we got Vandagriff and now have to hope he sticks. Luckily for UT y'all already have your future QB signed and ready to go. With UT's line he could start this year.

Reactions: bpalmer28
The state of Georgia perennially has a lot of high school football talent. In recent years this is particularly true for QB's. Heck UT even went in and got our QB there. Inevitably from time to time the sorry Dawgs will talk one of them into staying closer to mom & dad. With that said I hope they squander him like Fields and he transfers in a year.

p.s. I think he knew he couldn't compete with Bailey, saw the chance for quick playing time at UGA.

Everytime I get worried about UGA getting good I just remember their offensive coordinator won’t develop them.

How many times have you posted this statement or something similar in every thread on a kid we don't get? Seems like I keep remembering seeing it over and over again. By the way, he's a dawg so he does suck.

now

VN Store

Back