'21 GA QB Brock Vandagriff (uga commit)

Tennessee absolutely has a shot. He wants to play close to home and has a relationship with the staff. It’ll depend on how well Bailey does next year. If Bailey tears it up, then he’ll probably go elsewhere. If JG or Maurer starts and Bailey redshirts, then UT will be in it. Pruitt is one of the best recruiters in the SEC. UT will always have a shot.

Could come in and RS behind an uber productive Bailey!

Could come in and RS behind an uber productive Bailey!
Hard to convince a 5* QB to sit and wait their turn. UGA, Clemson, and a&m couldn’t do it. Gunner Stockton will be a 5* in the 2022 class and would have more separation with Bailey. Would be a much easier sell if Bailey tears it up next year.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
I've watched my nephew play against him for one and never lost to him. Nephew threw tds while he threw picks. To me more decision making and just that IT factor you want in a qb that just finds a way to win. Kid has plenty of arm talent but so does jg!!!! What's your thoughts?
Who is your nephew? Any hudl film on him you can share?

Agree that you can’t coach the IT factor, or you don’t. You want a guy that refuses to quit.

Hard to convince a 5* QB to sit and wait their turn. UGA, Clemson, and a&m couldn’t do it. Gunner Stockton will be a 5* in the 2022 class and would have more separation with Bailey. Would be a much easier sell if Bailey tears it up next year.
H a n d s off Gunner, he’s spoken for. :)

Reactions: Chattdawg
H a n d s off Gunner, he’s spoken for. :)
I’m a Georgia fan so I hope UGA gets him. Still think UT would have a better shot with him than Brock if Bailey has a successful season. Carolina fans seem to think they have Gunner in the bag with the Bobo hire. Apparently the Stockton’s are close with Bobo.

I’m a Georgia fan so I hope UGA gets him. Still think UT would have a better shot with him than Brock if Bailey has a successful season. Carolina fans seem to think they have Gunner in the bag with the Bobo hire. Apparently the Stockton’s are close with Bobo.
VERY close. SC also has ties to his HS coach and former HS coach. It wouldn’t shocked me if he committed there (Clemson also lurking) but think Champ/Bobo are fired before 2022 actually get here.

I think if Bailey comes in and lights it up we won't get this kid. I don't see him sitting 2/3 years in a backup roll.

VERY close. SC also has ties to his HS coach and former HS coach. It wouldn’t shocked me if he committed there (Clemson also lurking) but think Champ/Bobo are fired before 2022 actually get here.
Ya, just don’t see a 5* QB going to USCe over UGA, UT, Clemson, LSU, etc

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Who is your nephew? Any hudl film on him you can share?

Agree that you can’t coach the IT factor, or you don’t. You want a guy that refuses to quit.

Lol you know I have no clue...kind of sad. I know he does alot camps. Got invited to some elite camp invitational only. Hes actually placed near top in several. Some nfl guys at camps like his arm talent. Kid can sling it.

Lol you know I have no clue...kind of sad. I know he does alot camps. Got invited to some elite camp invitational only. Hes actually placed near top in several. Some nfl guys at camps like his arm talent. Kid can sling it.

Your nephew is a top prospect and you don’t know his name? Yeah, ok.

On January 1, five-star quarterback
Brock Vandagriff shocked many when he announced his decommitment from Oklahoma. The junior out of Bogart (Ga.) Prince Avenue committed to the Sooners in June, and he still loves Lincoln Riley and the Sooners, but realized over the holiday break that he would feel better about his future if he was closer to his family.

"That call to coach Riley was very tough," said Vandagriff. "I have nothing but love and respect for Oklahoma and the coaches there. Nothing was ever wrong with Oklahoma and I made sure I told coach Riley that this decision was all on my side. "It was a great fit for me as a quarterback at Oklahoma, but I feel I can fit in well other places too. Over the break, I talked with my family about location and how far Oklahoma is from home. I am close to my grandparents and great grandparents that live in Alabama and my parents are in Georgia, so that distance was weighing on me.

"I want my parents to be able to see me play every week like they do now. I want all of my family to be at the games, so that is what it came down to. "Coach Riley is a great guy and we continued to communicate a few days after I decommitted. He is a great guy and neither he or Oklahoma had anything to do with this decision. "It was all about family."

Within 30 minutes of Vandagriff's announcement, Auburn, Florida and Georgiareached out. South Carolina and Tennessee did later that day as well. All five schools are hoping to get Vandagriff back on campus again.

The No. 1 quarterback is not sure what's next for him. "I enjoyed my break, I spent time with family and I got in the weight room a lot," said Vandagriff. "Relaxing for me if working out or hunting, so I was in the weight room at the school a lot the last few days. "I did not think about recruiting too much over the break. I don't have any visits or anything scheduled right now. Nothing is locked in. We will see what happens."

Vandagriff had an original list of schools, and outside of Clemson and Oklahoma, all appear to still be on it. Vandagriff has made it clear that he wants to attend a college closer to his family, so expect him to end up in the SEC when he makes his final decision.
- Chad Simmons

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop
Wants to stay near grandparents in Alabama and parents in UGa......that sounds a lot like a future Auburn Commit

Ya, just don’t see a 5* QB going to USCe over UGA, UT, Clemson, LSU, etc
Lucky for him, if he comes to TN he won't have to worry about that 5* rep rolling into town... they'll find some nonsensical nitpicky reason to tank his ratings like they did Bailey

just for 5*s

... don't forget the Georgia Jolt, the LSU Leap, the Florida Flap, the Auburn Amortization, and... of course... the South Carolina Sinkhole (this one's more of a college reference than an actual recruiting term)
Dear lord I read that as Florida Fap and damn near puked in my mouth.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Your nephew is a top prospect and you don’t know his name? Yeah, ok.
I don’t see anywhere in his posts that his nephew is a top prospect. I also infer that he doesn’t know if his nephew has hudl film. I’m sure he knows his nephews name. Why are fellow Vols always so quick to twist the knife?....

Reactions: LouderVol
Kids engaged...will see where it goes.

source.gif

VN Store

Back