'21 GA QB Brock Vandagriff (uga commit)

interesting. he really really likes OU. from that, i'd say he is literally just short of committing there. distance is the only reason he's not yet.

wonder if OU can overcome that. if it's not them, then i think we have as good a shot as anyone i guess.....very long way to go here obviously.

I'm sure if your kid was a elite football recruit you'd go hard for him as well. Especially if he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. This is a chicken sh*t comment. Rivals evaluaters suck a** and if you take anything they say seriously then bless your heart. We have 2 mid major QB's as underclassmen on our roster. Bailey can't enroll fast enough
Trashing other players on a roster to pump up a favorite is a portrait of class...and been done. @greazy1722

Trashing other players on a roster to pump up a favorite is a portrait of class...and been done. @greazy1722

I went and read his post about JG. With a relative on the roster, he should shut his mouth. Like or dislike JG, but with him being Brandon’s uncle you can bet this doesn’t help the perception of his nephew. Just brings on haters. Brandon is a good kid that doesn’t need his relatives trashing his teammate. Reminds you of parents who trash other kids due to jealousy or to build their own kids up.

Brock Vandagriff wasn’t happy with his testing results when he participated in regional round of The Opening last year. He still had the number at the front of his mind on Sunday. “Last year I got a 58,” Vandagriff, the 2021 four-star quarterback, told GoVols247. So he took the grade home, taped it above his bed and stared at it for an entire year, waiting patiently to get another shot. When he got it, he didn't miss. On Sunday at The Opening regional, the 6-foot-2.5, 188-pound Vandagriff ran a 4.69-second 40, had a 36.9-inch vertical and was timed at 4.40 seconds in the agility drill. The score this time around: 103.11.

“After we tested, I was off the walls,” Vandagriff said. “Just so excited. It was just like, I want to throw well, but my day is complete.” Vandagriff is the No. 4 pro-style quarterback in the 2021 class according to the 247Sports ratings, ranked No. 34 overall in the class and No. 2 in the state of Georgia, out of Prince Avenue Christian School in Bogart, Ga. He landed in the 94th percentile for the 40, the 99th percentile in the vertical and 88th percentile in agility. There was no let down Sunday afternoon during the throwing sessions, either, as Vandagriff led the way in the middle of an elite group of quarterbacks.

The attention he’s getting reflects his rankings and production. The school after him the hardest right now just happens to be Oklahoma, the program that has produced the last two Heisman Trophy winners and back-to-back No. 1 NFL Draft picks at the quarterback position. “It’s a great feeling,” Vandagriff said of the attention from the Sooners. “I’m Coach (Lincoln) Riley’sonly 2021 offer for a QB, so that seems special. I talk to Coach Riley probably the most out of anyone in the country. When we were there, he did the tours for my visit for two days, so that was good.”

Tennessee and Florida were two other programs that Vandagriff mentioned after him the hardest at the moment. He has ties to both Tennessee, through his father, and Auburn, through his mother, while living not far from Georgia’s campus. The message has been consistent from the Vols, with quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke keeping a presence in his recruitment.

“(They) would love to have you come in and fight for a starting job,” Vandagriff said. “Because they have Harrison (Bailey) too. And it would be some good competition.” Vandagriff said he’s “maybe” inching closer to a list of his top ten schools, “but nothing major.” He’s not sure what’s next on his recruitment’s schedule. “A few camps this summer,” Vandagriff said, “but we’re done for the spring.” For now he's just taking his dad’s advice. “He’s just telling me to enjoy the ride,” Vandagriff said. “Take it easy and enjoy the day. It only happens once.”

My 1st cousin was at The Opening Regional this past weekend in NC, not to brag, but he scored #1 for WR, and 3rd overall, but he said Brock was the real deal. Throws a smooth, very catchable ball... Wanted more insight but said they didn’t talk very much..

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
My 1st cousin was at The Opening Regional this past weekend in NC, not to brag, but he scored #1 for WR, and 3rd overall, but he said Brock was the real deal. Throws a smooth, very catchable ball... Wanted more insight but said they didn’t talk very much..
Sounds like bragging :shrugs:... Just kidding congrats to your cousin

He said in that video above he'd already be committed there but distance is a real factor for him. Wants his grandparents and rest of the family to come to his games. But long way to go so maybe that changes.
yep. i feel like that being the only obstacle, it's somethingi that can be overcome at some point. at least that's how i'd feel if i was an OU supporter....

Top 6...

AUBURN
I have had to throw my feelings out of the window with Auburn. I grew up a die-hard Auburn fan, and loved going to watch them play every season, as we had season tickets. I have had to look at who will be the best fit for Brock Vandagriff the quarterback, not Brock Vandagriff the Auburn fan. I will be interested to see how coach Gus Malzahn develops either
Bo Nix or Joey Gatewood, considering neither of them have started a collegiate game yet.

CLEMSON
One may ask, how is Clemson in my top six when they haven’t even offered? It is impossible to overlook the success they have had in the last few years. They are doing it the right way, too. Coach Dabo Swinney does not offer any QBs until the summer going into their junior year. I do not question that in any way, because it has obviously worked. The location is perfect. I love what they have going on there.

FLORIDA
Florida has been putting the heat on lately. I like UF, but didn’t really think they wanted me. That all changed since spring. Coach Brian Johnson made two trips to the school, and really expressed the interest they have for me. He also made a video presentation of some plays from my film, and then plays from their offense. He was showing me the similarities of my game, and how I would fit in their offense. Coach Dan Mullen is an offensive guru. He critiqued my throwing and told me some things to take home and work on. That means he cares. I like the campus and love what they are doing there.

GEORGIA
Georgia is special. They are 10 minutes from the house. I love the location. Coach James Coley is a great guy, as well. The scavenger hunt they had two weekends ago was a blast. They make me feel like family when I am there and am welcome at anytime. Georgia is all business. All work. I like that atmosphere, because I want someone who will grow me as a football player as well as a man.

OKLAHOMA
The first thing that stood out about Oklahoma is Lincoln Riley. He really believes in me. I am the only QB he has offered in my class. That is special. He came to watch me play basketball and informed my dad I had an offer on the spot. The visit to OU was surreal. Coach Riley was our actual tour guide. I am ready to get back to OU this weekend and toss the rock.

TENNESSEE
Tennessee is in my top six because I like the environment coach Jeremy Pruitt has built. He is steadily changing the culture of Rocky Top. Coach Chris Weinke is a great guy, and a guy I would like to continue to coach me throughout college. I like the location and I have family that lives in Knoxville, which is another plus.

-Rivals

Reactions: AaronUT
Sounds like we are way behind here. A lot of loves thrown out there for the other programs and only likes for us.

Reactions: JacketVol
Distance has already been cited as a detraction for Oklahoma for him. Georgia has another elite QB targeted as well so who knows there. Auburn most likely will have a completely different staff next year. Clemson hasnt even offered yet. Us versus Jorts for him.

Distance has already been cited as a detraction for Oklahoma for him. Georgia has another elite QB targeted as well so who knows there. Auburn most likely will have a completely different staff next year. Clemson hasnt even offered yet. Us versus Jorts for him.
lots can change, but as of now, i pretty much agree.......

VN Store

Back