'21 GA OT Dylan Fairchild

There was a TN heavyweight wrestling champion a few years back we were recruiting as an offensive linemen who ended up going to central FL or somewhere like that - anyone remember his name and how he did?
Went to Vandy.

Looks like he was a 4 year starter at Vandy. I remember really hoping the Vols would sign him but seems like we filled up on the Oline that year.

A TIGHT RACE: "I was planning to cut my list down to 10 schools soon, but that has kind of been put on hold. I do not think I will be ready to do it until we can get back out for visits. I probably know around four or five schools right now, but I need more visits to really finish it. I still have a lot of schools I am considering. I am talking to at least six or seven schools every day right now, and some schools are reaching out wanting to talk every other day, then others, like every three days. There are still a lot of schools up there for me."

"I have visited Tennessee twice now and I got a lot out of my second visit. I spent more time with the coaches, I saw a lot more, and I really got to know coach Will Friend, coach Chris Weinke and coach Jeremy Pruitt. We are really growing our relationship.
NEXT STEP: "I am just taking it day to day now. I am not sure now when I will commit. I have kind of pushed that to the side until this all blows by. I am trying to handle school online, talk to coaches and just take it all in. The SAT was canceled, the Rivals camp was canceled, I had visits coming up and I am now slowing it all down. We will see when I feel ready to commit. Things are still very close — like within one point of each other at the top for me right now, so I still have a lot to think about."
-Rivals

From 247:

Without much to go off of but highlight film in our February update, Fairchild flashed with his body movement, precision and toughness. In the ensuing weeks, we’ve uncovered the type of information that has taken Fairchild from exciting discovery to elite sure thing.

We’ve verified his size, we’ve learned that he’s an elite wrestler with a 47-0 career record in the heavyweight division and the college feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We’ve ranked him as an interior offensive lineman but he’s got a lot of the prerequisites for staying at offensive tackle. Expect this recruitment to really heat up in the coming weeks from all of the SEC powers. The Cumming (Ga.) West Forsyth standout sits at No. 188 in the Top247.

Really need this type of tough on the OL. And he sounds versatile enough to play both OT and OG.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Scott Wells - there is no more perfect example as Vols
Wells was an elite hs wrestler who completed and won at a national level. Winning state championships in GA with 5 or more divisions isn’t impressive on its own these days. Not saying this young man isn’t an elite level wrestler but he would need Success at a higher level of competition like Wells had to be considered elite in that sport. IMHO

Reactions: SD189
Wells was an elite hs wrestler who completed and won at a national level. Winning state championships in GA with 5 or more divisions isn’t impressive on its own these days. Not saying this young man isn’t an elite level wrestler but he would need Success at a higher level of competition like Wells had to be considered elite in that sport. IMHO
Makes no difference to me. He’s a really good wrestler and that often translates to a helluva nasty football player especially at the center and guard positions. I really want us to get this young man.

Makes no difference to me. He’s a really good wrestler and that often translates to a helluva nasty football player especially at the center and guard positions. I really want us to get this young man.
Agreed. He will have a better understanding of leverage and how to use his pad level. Should help speed up his developement and focusing on strength and scheme.

Good wrestlers tend to be incredible athletes. The conditioning is insane, too.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back