'20 GA OT Broderick Jones (UGA commit)

I don't believe this narrative.

Mays has 1 or 2 years of playing left. This kid has 3-4 years (depending on how good he is).

You can never stop recruiting over your current lineup.

That isn't what he means. He means Jones cancelled his visit because we took Mays, not because we told Jones no. It certainly seems the likeliest of scenarios if Jones is looking for the chance to start day 1.

That isn't what he means. He means Jones cancelled his visit because we took Mays, not because we told Jones no. It certainly seems the likeliest of scenarios if Jones is looking for the chance to start day 1.

I think the real issue is that Cade took one of our limited counters for this class and on top of that the path to immediate playing time got longer here and shorter at GA...… just kind of made sense for both sides for him to stay with GA or if not to look elsewhere.

I think the real issue is that Cade took one of our limited counters for this class and on top of that the path to immediate playing time got longer here and shorter at GA...… just kind of made sense for both sides for him to stay with GA or if not to look elsewhere.
more the latter than the former. don't think the former has anything to do with it. if we have a shot with this jones, we'd make room.

Reactions: MadWorld
No way we told this kid to cancel his visit. TN is making great strides in the program, but isn't anywhere near telling a top 20 prospect in the country we are full up at his position. No staff with any sanity turns down a visit from an elite offensive tackle even if you have 4 others committed in that same class and we don't even have 1 yet.

No way we told this kid to cancel his visit. TN is making great strides in the program, but isn't anywhere near telling a top 20 prospect in the country we are full up at his position. No staff with any sanity turns down a visit from an elite offensive tackle even if you have 4 others committed in that same class and we don't even have 1 yet.
path of least resistance....UGA and ARK meet that criteria moreso than UT today.

I could see that. While I'm quite sure we would make room for Jones, we probably don't view him as a top priority at this point as we didn't have a strong relationship with him in the 1st place since he never officially visited.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I could see that. While I'm quite sure we would make room for Jones, we probably don't view him as a top priority at this point as we didn't have a strong relationship with him in the 1st place since he never officially visited.
Yes, if he was really wanting to come here then you take him for sure. But with getting Cade, our energy needs to be spent elsewhere not on a longshot. For him, the immediate starting job was gone so he would rather go somewhere else.

Are we sure this kid cancelled his visit? 247 still shows him as coming. And I don't have a subscription, so I'm not sure if this is who they're definitely talking about, but Callahan apparently posted a story a few hours ago about an unsigned 2020 OL visiting this weekend.

Are we sure this kid cancelled his visit? 247 still shows him as coming. And I don't have a subscription, so I'm not sure if this is who they're definitely talking about, but Callahan apparently posted a story a few hours ago about an unsigned 2020 OL visiting this weekend.
Dylan Spencer

Pretty sure the implication was that with Cade transferring Jones decided not to visit anymore. Not that Pruitt turned him away.
Yea, I saw a video from this GA insider saying Cade was a total Jack Wagon off the field. Jones obviously didn’t want to be teammates with someone like that

I heard daddy Mays was paying Cade’s way at UT with the settlement money from the lawsuit so that Cade didn’t tie up a scholly?

I heard daddy Mays was paying Cade’s way at UT with the settlement money from the lawsuit so that Cade didn’t tie up a scholly?
that possiblity was floated on one of the podcasts earlier this week, but i don't think anyone has that confirmed....it was a speculative comment made in regards to TN's ability to sign an extra guy or two possibly.

that possiblity was floated on one of the podcasts earlier this week, but i don't think anyone has that confirmed....it was a speculative comment made in regards to TN's ability to sign an extra guy or two possibly.
Cade (and Velus Jones for that matter) didn't take an official visit so that could be counted in next year's class. Essentially a blue shirt.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Cade (and Velus Jones for that matter) didn't take an official visit so that could be counted in next year's class. Essentially a blue shirt.
that's correct. on the VQ podcast, they hinted that pruitt would likely consider moving 1, but likely not both, of them to the 21 IQ's should there be an opportunity get another guy that they coveted. again, more speculation.....cause that option is at least on the table.

VN Store

Back