'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

Obviously the referees disagreed that they were mimicking the cadence. The defense can communicate too and if they gave a verbal signal for the shift, that's not illegal. I think people are overreacting to the loss generally, we won't face a better defense and we'll face only 1 other team that outclasses us talent wise. Every other game CAN be won if we clean up the execution issues. That said, that shifting and whatever attendant noise accompanied it, if any, was not new. They did it the week before against Auburn, I remember them doing it last year, I don't know why we were so blindsided by it. It was giving us problems, though as Rexrode points out from looking at the tape, Danielson made a bigger deal out of it than it was. Surprise, surprise.
Well, we've all seen Jeremy Pruitt, on several occasions, calling out the play before the ball is even snapped...im pretty sure he can tell whenever the snap is being confused.

And, obviously, the officials (only one referee in the game of football) didn't agree with him last year whenever they blew an inadvertent whistle, with us in wildcat, on the goal line, at bama, with a first down...or, they didn't agree with him about Bituli's targeting penalty in the same game...and, they sure as hell didn't agree with him whenever he disagreed to their Darrell Taylor unnecessary roughness call.

I could go on...

As I have said: yes, the O-line looked horrible; but, there are other factors to consider, and factual, that led to said horribleness...not, just the same old tired, lazy, arm-chair "they should have been prepared for that". Maybe they were prepared for uga confusing the snap, and Cade Mays was too jacked out of his mind to stay disciplined whenever uga yelled "hike"...on defense. So on and so forth.

Also, stated facts, logic, opinion, and knowledge is not "overreacting"...it's stating facts, logic, opinion, and knowledge.

It has more to do with the stupid contact tracing BS. Morris was in quarantine like 3 different time. We missed a bunch of important practices. You cannot place all the blame on Friend.
Train, for all the bellyaching you do, sometimes you hit the nail on the head...sometimes. 🙂

Shouldn’t have come as a shock to anyone who watched Saturday’s game. Sucks to say it but Mims is going to a much better program.
Who the hell do you root for? Like, seriously. Wanna go get your knee pads ready for bowl cut? Heard he needs his rod polishing done tonight

Well, we've all seen Jeremy Pruitt, on several occasions, calling out the play before the ball is even snapped...im pretty sure he can tell whenever the snap is being confused.

And, obviously, the officials (only one referee in the game of football) didn't agree with him last year whenever they blew an inadvertent whistle, with us in wildcat, on the goal line, at bama, with a first down...or, they didn't agree with him about Bituli's targeting penalty in the same game...and, they sure as hell didn't agree with him whenever he disagreed to their Darrell Taylor unnecessary roughness call.

I could go on...

As I have said: yes, the O-line looked horrible; but, there are other factors to consider, and factual, that led to said horribleness...not, just the same old tired, lazy, arm-chair "they should have been prepared for that". Maybe they were prepared for uga confusing the snap, and Cade Mays was too jacked out of his mind to stay disciplined whenever uga yelled "hike"...on defense. So on and so forth.

Also, stated facts, logic, opinion, and knowledge is not "overreacting"...it's stating facts, logic, opinion, and knowledge.
Oh, I don't blame Pruitt for arguing that they were mimicking the cadence, if it was causing us problems, try to get it stopped by any means necessary, the refs didn't buy it though.

Why does it always feel like time wasted in a recruit like this. He was LIKELY going to UGA the whole time. I’m tired of getting played by these 5 star recruits. We simply DO NOT win these recruiting battles that drag out. The only ones we seem to win are the ones like Lewis who jump in early and don’t involve UGA or Bama and yeah you can bring up Henry T but his recruitment wasn’t like this. He was no drama no tweeting stuff just wanted to focus on football. We do not beat UGA for 5 star players and that has to change cause all the talent in the world is in state for them and Tennessee isn’t producing 5 stars much let alone ones that seem to even have interest in UT.

Rich just keeps getting richer. Mondon and TIDs weird self gonna follow suit.

whatsver. Worry about the ones we get.
I’ve heard Nueheisel say this MANY times on XM.

He says don’t worry about the ones you don’t get, worry about the ones you do. You have to hit your evals on the kids who do come to your program,

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Oh, I don't blame Pruitt for arguing that they were mimicking the cadence, if it was causing us problems, try to get it stopped by any means necessary, the refs didn't buy it though.
That (and it was causing us all kinds of problems) + elite D + elite D coach (Kirby) + uber talent on said D + JG (which should count twice) + JG = O-line overwhelmed.

O-line doesn't get a pass, but...

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
We really going to miss on Mims, Mondon and TID. 🤣 all this offseason hype for nothing. Love our class now but those guys were what was going to take it from good to elite. Hopefully we can get Nyland.. hopefully.

Honest question do our bagmen suck? PAY THESE KIDS THE NCAA WILL DO NOTHING.
All AV has to do is ask if he doesn’t have enough money.

Imagine how many thousand subscribers are on this site. This kid is worth it, as Andy Griffith said to Aunt Bea just Pay The Man

Also we are signing way too many 3 stars. Yeha rankings don’t mean everything but these teams winning have half or less 3 stars signing with them.

After this class, we will probably be right there. Actually as of today we are on the verge of that. The issue is cbj’s last class was bad. Once they’re gone (this year basically), that number looks a lot better

Edit: attached article breaks it down well.

Blue-Chip Ratio 2020: The 15 teams who can win a national title

So, I've seen it said that Mims has a better relationship with our players, but their coaches. If that's true, and his primary recruiter is Will Friend, I see that as a problem.

Beat Alabama or Florida. The solution is pretty simple. Pruitt is just going to have to find a way to get it done.

Once he does, our solid recruiting classes will become elite recruiting classes.

Sounds really simple. But it’s just not. We are just not good enough to beat either team. We can pretend and wish we were but we arent.

Missing this one, if we do, hurts. Hopefully one of the other tackles in this class pans out. We signed 0 last class, so we need one of these to be that diamond in the rough since we're missing out on any blue chips at the position.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
After this class, we will probably be right there. Actually as of today we are on the verge of that. The issue is cbj’s last class was bad. Once they’re gone (this year basically), that number looks a lot better
We have 49 3-stars already on the roster and 13 more in this class, Top 5 classes have half of that.

VN Store

Back