'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

Who is next? Think Orr is a prospect this staff can back in with? Will RJ Perry be a legit tackle prospect after redshirting this year?

Reactions: PA Vol
I think he chooses UT. I think he knew last week and the game didn't mean crap to him other than to show him that he is needed at the school he and his mom both love.

That may or may not be accurate but I'm putitng in a CB now for
4if3i4.jpg

Man I hope you are right

I could care less what Rexrode analyzed. Whenever an ELITE defense...

1)Is interfering with the snap cadence, it 1)Throws EVERYTHING off and confuses, which is why 2)It's ILLEGAL.

2)Is not one bit afraid of a QB beating them with his arm, or making any kind of play....again, not one bit afraid, they can overwhelm an offensive line, no matter how good the O-line is. An elite defense, which uga has, can overwhelm AN ENTIRE OFFENSE, no matter what, if the most important position in sports, the QUARTERBACK, is not up to snuff.

Now, did the O-line miss blocks, have a terrible game? Of course they did! They were being bombarded by an elite D, that has no flaws; or very minute ones, if they do. Kirby knew, and has known, JG cannot beat them...in knowing that, well...we saw what we saw.
Obviously the referees disagreed that they were mimicking the cadence. The defense can communicate too and if they gave a verbal signal for the shift, that's not illegal. I think people are overreacting to the loss generally, we won't face a better defense and we'll face only 1 other team that outclasses us talent wise. Every other game CAN be won if we clean up the execution issues. That said, that shifting and whatever attendant noise accompanied it, if any, was not new. They did it the week before against Auburn, I remember them doing it last year, I don't know why we were so blindsided by it. It was giving us problems, though as Rexrode points out from looking at the tape, Danielson made a bigger deal out of it than it was. Surprise, surprise.

Last edited:
The most annoying part of him choosing UGA (which shouldn’t come as a huge shock bc of how long they’ve been attached to his recruitment) is that I bought into the narrative that Kirby was doing some “shady” stuff on the trail that was gonna catch up to him

Shouldn’t have come as a shock to anyone who watched Saturday’s game. Sucks to say it but Mims is going to a much better program.

The most annoying part of him choosing UGA (which shouldn’t come as a huge shock bc of how long they’ve been attached to his recruitment) is that I bought into the narrative that Kirby was doing some “shady” stuff on the trail that was gonna catch up to him
Meh, you can go on any Football board and read similar nonsense. It’s never true. If it was, they would say very specific things and bring it to light, you wouldn’t cover for a rival. It’s just message boards being message boards.

As for Mims, gotta keep swinging here till NSD, he’s the #2 player in the nation, potential day one starter in college and future day one NFL pick. Building block for this program.

Meh, you can go on any Football board and read similar nonsense. It’s never true. If it was, they would say very specific things and bring it to light, you wouldn’t cover for a rival. It’s just message boards being message boards.

As for Mims, gotta keep swinging here till NSD, he’s the #2 player in the nation, potential day one starter in college and future day one NFL pick. Building block for this program.

Pruitt and staff will likely continue to recruit him but the likelihood he flips to us is virtually zero. The only possible way I see that happens is if Bama beats UGA and we beat Bama. And the chances of that happening are even less. It is what it is.

VN Store

Back