'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

All coaches can lay an egg at times. He has never had a losing season yes had some questionable losses. That’s the nature of the game. You win some and lose some. The new fandom and labeling a coach this or that is dumb. Everyone is not winning championships. Ppl hv to accept that and stop whining about 9-3 or 8-5 based on phony pre-season polls.
That would be nice. Seems like since ESPN took off all fans want their team to be "relevant." Apparently relevant is being talked about to win the championship by sports reporters. You lose a game, and the season is over.

Reactions: de1conley
How has he failed? Some of yawl just say stuff and without validity. Show me the man’s record per season and in the iron bowl. He does play in the best conference and division in college football. Also he continues to sign top recruiting classes and produce high draft picks. Yes there was a stretch in which he fell off with qb talent but over all Gus has proven he is a upper tier HC and done his job.
But almost all of those draft picks are on the defensive side of the ball. Speaks more about Kevin Steele than it does Gus (kudos to him for paying him and keeping I guess).

All coaches can lay an egg at times. He has never had a losing season yes had some questionable losses. That’s the nature of the game. You win some and lose some. The new fandom and labeling a coach this or that is dumb. Everyone is not winning championships. Ppl hv to accept that and stop whining about 9-3 or 8-5 based on phony pre-season polls.
So much this. The same goes with teams. If X team doesn't make the playoffs, even if they are TOP 10, people call them trash. It's laughable how black and white teams and coaches are viewed these days. No room for "very good" and "good" anymore it seems.

Either top 2 elite or trash.

So much this. The same goes with teams. If X team doesn't make the playoffs, even if they are TOP 10, people call them trash. It's laughable how black and white teams and coaches are viewed these days. No room for "very good" and "good" anymore it seems.

Either top 2 elite or trash.
closet UGA fan...

But almost all of those draft picks are on the defensive side of the ball. Speaks more about Kevin Steele than it does Gus (kudos to him for paying him and keeping I guess).

Not so fast my friend because Kevin hasn’t been the only recruiter for their defense. More to do with Gus and Gardner + Steele. Always remember a chief is only as good as his tribe’s work. This is a reason dummy failed here because he Leary’s wanted to be the biggest name in the room vs hiring Charlie Strong and others he feared would threat his seat as HC

Rivals just did a true false in whether he ends up at Georgia and both analysts said true.

Said he is flirting with Bama, but they think he sticks with Georgia

Not so fast my friend because Kevin hasn’t been the only recruiter for their defense. More to do with Gus and Gardner + Steele. Always remember a chief is only as good as his tribe’s work. This is a reason dummy failed here because he Leary’s wanted to be the biggest name in the room vs hiring Charlie Strong and others he feared would threat his seat as HC
Absolutely. I was just pointing out that for a guy who supposedly made his chops coaching offense, very few of those top draft picks were on that side of the ball.

Gus is not a top tier coach. Lmao. Minus the 12-2 and 10-4 seasons....he's pretty much an average 8-5 coach.

Gus is not a top tier coach. Lmao. Minus the 12-2 and 10-4 seasons....he's pretty much an average 8-5 coach.
That's the thing of stratification of coaches and programs...who IS top tier? You will get an argument if you say anyone except Saban and Dabo. That is 2 out of 130 fbs coaches. So it is more like a very steep pyramid, rather than 10 point percentiles or something.

Everyone else is just mediocre or trash according to many.

VN Store

Back