'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

There’s a lot of coaches that’s beat Saban but should that be the main goal every year?

My point is, his results have been average since he’s been at Auburn, it’s not like he hasn’t had any talent to work with.

There’s a reason he’s been on the hot seat a million times since he’s been there.

As much as they hate Alabama I bet it’s near the top if not the top. Every time he does he gets a pass or another year.

As much as they hate Alabama I bet it’s near the top if not the top. Every time he does he gets a pass or another year.

That’s the only reason he’s still there.

Anywhere else, he would have been fired already or damn near close to it.

That’s the only reason he’s still there.

Anywhere else, he would have been fired already or damn near close to it.

Exactly, this last time I believe they had everything but the papers drawn up and then he won the iron bowl.

He’s more lucky than good. If he doesent have the IT factor at QB his offense won’t click

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
He’s had 7 years to prove that and failed.

How has he failed? Some of yawl just say stuff and without validity. Show me the man’s record per season and in the iron bowl. He does play in the best conference and division in college football. Also he continues to sign top recruiting classes and produce high draft picks. Yes there was a stretch in which he fell off with qb talent but over all Gus has proven he is a upper tier HC and done his job.

How has he failed? Some of yawl just say stuff and without validity. Show me the man’s record per season and in the iron bowl. He does play in the best conference and division in college football. Also he continues to sign top recruiting classes and produce high draft picks. Yes there was a stretch in which he fell off with qb talent but over all Gus has proven he is a upper tier HC and done his job.
Love most things you bring, but I’m not sure I would call him upper tier. He is not awful by no means. He can win big games for sure, but he lays some eggs that are inexcusable sometimes. I do think AU would be crazy to part ways with him though.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
And just how good could have Pruitt done with an excellent QB. Unless you're stacked on both sides of the line it's tuff winning without a really good QB.

Love most things you bring, but I’m not sure I would call him upper tier. He is not awful by no means. He can win big games for sure, but he lays some eggs that are inexcusable sometimes. I do think AU would be crazy to part ways with him though.

So, are you saying around the Mark Richt range of coaching tiers? I also think Kevin Steele and his other assistants have been instrumental in his success with continually having first and second round draft picks. Gus's next hurdle in my opinion is not winning the national championship. It is, "Can coach Malzahn reinvent himself and evolve his system into more?" The Defensive Coordinator's never sleep until they have you figured out. ie; Coach Pruitt went down on the plains, with a completely inferior team from a talent standpoint, and was literally telling his defense where the ball was going based on pre-snap movement, alignments, and personnel. Which brings me to my next point. We are watching coach Pruitt become an all inclusive HEAD COACH while still emptying his bucket of knowledge, heart, and soul into our Volunteers. If you haven't realized yet that Coach Fulmer hired the right guy, you are either dead or completely looking through the wrong lense. de1conley has stated countless times that things are being restored on The Hill like they once were!

GM’s main issue that keeps him from taking that next step is that he’s too bullheaded on his offensive formula. When it works it really works, when it doesn’t they lose to teams with less talent.

Averages 8.9 wins a season.

Do people think Auburn is some behemoth that should be winning 10+ every year? I just don't get it. It is just Auburn.

There’s a lot of coaches that’s beat Saban but should that be the main goal every year?

My point is, his results have been average since he’s been at Auburn, it’s not like he hasn’t had any talent to work with.

There’s a reason he’s been on the hot seat a million times since he’s been there.
Name the “lot”. ACTIVE coaches with a check in the win column are in scarce supply. Fulmer beat him once at LSU and never again. You might have one or two coaches with a couple of wins but not a LOT after he got his Process revved up.

So, are you saying around the Mark Richt range of coaching tiers? I also think Kevin Steele and his other assistants have been instrumental in his success with continually having first and second round draft picks. Gus's next hurdle in my opinion is not winning the national championship. It is, "Can coach Malzahn reinvent himself and evolve his system into more?" The Defensive Coordinator's never sleep until they have you figured out. ie; Coach Pruitt went down on the plains, with a completely inferior team from a talent standpoint, and was literally telling his defense where the ball was going based on pre-snap movement, alignments, and personnel. Which brings me to my next point. We are watching coach Pruitt become an all inclusive HEAD COACH while still emptying his bucket of knowledge, heart, and soul into our Volunteers. If you haven't realized yet that Coach Fulmer hired the right guy, you are either dead or completely looking through the wrong lense. de1conley has stated countless times that things are being restored on The Hill like they once were!
1594054591503.gif

Reactions: gainesvol82
Yeah, that article leaves a lot to be desired. According to the Chad Simmons article, we were mentioned with just a handful of teams. That being said, looks like he is Bama bound.

"I just didn't want to drag it out much longer," said Mims. "I don't know when we will be able to do on-campus visits again, and I think I will know before October, so I want to think on it one more month, then make my decision at the end of the first week of school."
Mims named a top 10 of Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon and Tennessee April 1, and that is still the list he has today, but that will change soon.
"I would say in the next couple of weeks, I will cut my list down to five. I am still working on that right now. I am not sure what schools will be in the top five, but it will probably happen later this month."
From that list, Mims will commit to one August 15. He is not ready to drop hints if he has a top school, but he did say that a handful of schools are still talking with him daily.
"Of course Georgia is one," said Mims. "We have always talked a lot. It is a home-state school and I have been around the coaches there a lot.
"Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee and Clemson are the others. Those five schools are coming the hardest. It is still every day with them. It helps me build on the relationships I have with the different coaches. We all talk about similar things, so it is a lot to think about."
With Mims committing before being able to take anymore visits, those schools could have an edge. He has visited Georgia over two dozen times, he has tripped to Almost close to 10 times, he has visited Alabama half a dozen times and he has visited Clemson and Tennessee once.

All coaches can lay an egg at times. He has never had a losing season yes had some questionable losses. That’s the nature of the game. You win some and lose some. The new fandom and labeling a coach this or that is dumb. Everyone is not winning championships. Ppl hv to accept that and stop whining about 9-3 or 8-5 based on phony pre-season polls.

And just how good could have Pruitt done with an excellent QB. Unless you're stacked on both sides of the line it's tuff winning without a really good QB.

JG is the prime example of a supposedly upper tier CBJ recruit who is not even middle of the road good. If CJP had a little help at qb that team last yr could hv been at least +1. I hv bn told that change is inevitable and there’s 2 options. If/when I for one will be very happy. Ij wish they’d hv encouraged JG to move on to avoid even the thought of him stepping bk on the field.

Not to beat a dead horse but does anyone else feel like A to Z articles are similar to the sponsored articles on Facebook that have catchy headlines? You know it’s a waste of time to click on it as there’s never any groundbreaking information but the headline still reels you in?

At the end of it all, you’re left picking up the pieces, wondering why you allowed yourself to be used for your click. They took the one valuable thing you had and monetized for their own good.

Not to beat a dead horse but does anyone else feel like A to Z articles are similar to the sponsored articles on Facebook that have catchy headlines? You know it’s a waste of time to click on it as there’s never any groundbreaking information but the headline still reels you in?

At the end of it all, you’re left picking up the pieces, wondering why you allowed yourself to be used for your click. They took the one valuable thing you had and monetized for their own good.
Yep. I try not to click on their stuff if I can help it.

All coaches can lay an egg at times. He has never had a losing season yes had some questionable losses. That’s the nature of the game. You win some and lose some. The new fandom and labeling a coach this or that is dumb. Everyone is not winning championships. Ppl hv to accept that and stop whining about 9-3 or 8-5 based on phony pre-season polls.

If the threshold for upper tier for coaches in the SECW 4 is losses with a good chance to upset Bama every season then Gus is def upper tier.

If upper tier is elevating a program and playing for championships, then no, Gus is not upper tier.

57EF13FD-F5D2-4A42-94AD-7ABD3EAB351E.png

VN Store

Back