'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

UGA is not better on O. Their O is poop. You think bc Bennett wasn’t awful like Mathis that they’re good on O? And reports are Daniels, even if cleared, is not moving well. Their OL sucks and that creates a big problem if your QB isn’t moving well and is susceptible to injury.

Their D is elite.

But if it’s a close game, Kirby is liable to sh*t his britches and do something stupid.
They only rushed for 2.8 ypc...against Arkansas 😂🤣😃

No more cringey Pittman and it all goes to hell. Hate to see it!!

While I was chewing on it, it occurred to me that I was putting my opinion on a message board, not straight to Chaney or any of the other coaches, so I'm sure none of them even know if they should care or not. And I'm not just any vol fan, I'm DIE HARD and have been! I have sit in Neyland and cheered for my Vols from Champions to some of the saddest excuse for football and I live 4 hours away and am not a fair weather fan and I am entitled to my opinion and have never told anyone on here that they need not make discussion.

And dadgummit you ain't got time for no damn punctuation.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
UGA is more talented on both sides of the ball. Sorry but thats just a fact. Yes they struggled with Arky for a little bit but finally put it together. There is probably a good chance Daniels starts at QB. I assume he is better than the others. And watching the highlights of our game vs their game, their players just look faster than we do. Smart is a better HC than Pruitt. Their defense is better. Besides OL, what position group do we have the advantage in?

I really hope we slaughter UGA. But for some unknown reason, some on VN think that UGA is just some average team. Hopefully I will log into VN on Sunday and eat a HUGE bowl of crow and be wrong yet again.
84E3EE3E-189D-43B1-87EC-86F3F4A2EAD5.gif

UGA is more talented on both sides of the ball. Sorry but thats just a fact. Yes they struggled with Arky for a little bit but finally put it together. There is probably a good chance Daniels starts at QB. I assume he is better than the others. And watching the highlights of our game vs their game, their players just look faster than we do. Smart is a better HC than Pruitt. Their defense is better. Besides OL, what position group do we have the advantage in?

I really hope we slaughter UGA. But for some unknown reason, some on VN think that UGA is just some average team. Hopefully I will log into VN on Sunday and eat a HUGE bowl of crow and be wrong yet again.
ScE.gif

Tennessee is set to have a couple of big name visitors on campus tomorrow. Even though we are currently in a dead period in recruiting, Amarius Mims and Dylan Brooks plan on being in town tomorrow. This will be Mims’ fourth trip to Knoxville over the course of the summer and early fall with him set to make a decision on October 14th. He will visit Georgia next weekend for one last look at the Bulldogs but will also get back to back looks at Tennessee with the Vols in Athens that weekend.
-vq

I agree, It would look different "IF" he completed those passes, but he didn't and that's nothing new. There is no doubt that our QB play is one of our largest concerns, why not limit the passes thrown if there are other options? According to USCjr roster, their DL averages less than 285lbs (that's with the 3 smallest not included) and the O Linemen that played Saturday for us avg 315lbs. That's a sizeable advantage, just not sure why our game plan would have us throwing the ball 31 times using a concern, when one of our strengthens has such an advantage. I know 25 carries to 31 passes is fairly close to balanced, but I just believe it would have worked out better to run it more. Once again, only my opinion.
They were doing what Mushdump always does against us..crashing the line and forcing our QB to be accurate on downfield throws. If JG just hits three-four more of those you are sitting here bitching about a 40+ point game.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Devil's advocate, but...well...they are considerably more talented on paper. Team Talent Composite shows they have 16 5*s and average player rated a 93.15. Ours is 89.25. Same gap as between us and Pitt. Ain't a knock on us, either. UGA is just recruiting out of their minds.

They're likely double digit favorites by Vegas, depending on how this weekend goes.

We have a chance, but if asking if there are reasons we may lose (more likely to lose than win) there are certainly major reasons. We need a heroic effort by everyone out there, but if freakin uSCe can pull it off, we certainly can. We just need to go out and do it for once. Been a long minute since we had a top 5 kinda win.

Also pray Auburn whips their butts, that would set up well for us! WDE???
I agree..looking at it analytically, we are still a year of development away from overcoming that gap, but if we just had a above average QB, I really think we would beat them this year..but we don't. JG facing really talented well coached defenses makes me feel...not confident.

Whatever else Bowl Cut does stupid, he is a pretty good defensive coach..well..when his players show up to play..and they always show up when they play us.

They were doing what Mushdump always does against us..crashing the line and forcing our QB to be accurate on downfield throws. If JG just hits three-four more of those you are sitting here bitching about a 40+ point game.
And “IF” a frog had wings, it wouldn’t bump it rear when it hops. And I wasn’t “bitching” about anything!

Crashing the line or not, when your OL is far more superior than the opponents it is facing, why wouldn’t you use it since it is an advantage? In our golden years, when our OL was superior, we would tell the opposition we are going to run the ball and would still do it! That’s all I’m saying, use your advantages to your adavantage.

Bye the way, I feel good about us getting Mims as well.

Tennessee has positioned themselves “extremely well” here
-AP
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back