'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

Reminds me an awful lot of Anfernee Jennings. He was used off the edge, as a rover in blitz packages, and in the middle in run support. Extremely valuable skill set (and Mondon is a better athlete).

Endless ways a guy like this can help elevate a defense.

I honestly don't know who to compare him too. Maybe Jevon Kearse? From and athletic standpoint he's on that level, but how he plays I can't really think of anyone . Derrick Brooks??

But Mondon also plays ILB sometimes. Regardless, he will make our defense a force.

With what’s getting around and if Florida or Tennessee take the East in the next two years I think there will be a hit with his recruiting. Not a major one bc it’s still Georgia but it would definitely show regression and lost faith that he’s a championship level HC.

There is absolutely no better feeling than watching a dawg get 3 strikes. I mean between 2 choking coaches and 1980 I’m not sure which scenario is my favorite...

I agree. Just pointing out that their recruiting isn’t collapsing by any stretch.

"Collapsing" may be relative here. They have now missed on a number of their main targets (Miami is working on them big time), Mondon is most likely gone, Mims is up for play, Foreman is trending away, their getting down on their board and none of those are sure things. They will still wind up with a good class all but a very few schools would not covet, but it is not certain to be top five and I would have bet good money in May they were a lock for Top 1-3.

Collapse to a Vandy/KY/USCjr level? Not hardly. But they are struggling with their top targets. The Vols may have to process some guys because there are good chances we pick off some of these in play.

Smart is desperate because he knows there’s a lot of sh*t going around about how he treats his players and bends the rules.

He’ll continue to get good players but won’t win any championships.
He won an SECC. Think he can't win another? Given enough years, he could.

He was even a play from a natty, that is possible too. With the level of talent he's recruiting, anything is possible.

Reactions: StanfordVol

He was even a play from a natty, that is possible too. With the level of talent he's recruiting, anything is possible.

Wooooooow!.....sad day on rocky top! @Devo182 was a undercover butt sniffer this whole time....Rusty and @secking must be family also as well?👀 don’t take it personal I just promised @Atlanta VOL i would do some “undercover” work on Kirby and his minions in taking them down👀😂😂 youll be featured in the Up coming hit series of
“How To Catch A Stray On 4th and 10”
Don’t ask how it Ends.🤘🏽🤘🏽😁

1597411971177.gif

He also had Chaney who did a great job for him. At the time he cussed him as seen on tv and reports, blamed him, basically didnt fight to keep him when UT came calling because he didnt run ball enough. Fast forward couple years he hires a coordinator to do just what he let Chaney go for which is throw the ball....what an idiot

I just read an article from Niebuhr that said the following:

“5-star linebacker Smael Mondon, Dallas (Ga.) Paulding County: At one time, this looked like a three-horse face between Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee. But it appears as though the Vols have fallen off some and now Mondon is focused on the Tigers and Dawgs -- for now anyway.”

Any true to that crap or just him being an Auburn homer?

“5-star linebacker Smael Mondon, Dallas (Ga.) Paulding County: At one time, this looked like a three-horse face between Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee. But it appears as though the Vols have fallen off some and now Mondon is focused on the Tigers and Dawgs -- for now anyway.”

That guys delusional 99% of the time.

He is a huge homer. It's been said a million times Mondon is not talking, so no one knows. Which makes Niebuhr FOS, but everyone always knew that.

At Niebuhr
ScE.gif

Lol, biggest homer there is.

Wasn’t he one of the Auburn crystal ballers saying Nigel Warrior was theirs?

Reactions: jakez4ut

False

VN Store

Back