'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

Since this is the official UGA thread now, thought I'd share Rusty's work on the road seems to be paying immediate dividends lol

"Still think UGA is going to add prospects to its commit list in the coming weeks. I have one commitment story already written, and I will need to go film the next one because he wants a commitment video. Those are coming soon but, no, not this weekend. There is another one that tells me he is close to announcing and I found out today that he is actually a silent to UGA. So there you go, there seems to be a lot of action on the horizon for the Bulldogs."
This thing between Rusty And Kirby is definitely weird and some may call it different things....
6901C393-0CA7-4903-8525-3361488323BE.gif

What's so hilarious about the "wasn't a take" schtick UGA has is that considering the lack of draft prospects yearly coming out of that program, I'd say getting players they don't want is a positive no? Kid may actually be a NFLer if Kirby didn't want him.
Lack of draft prospects yearly? Why don't we focus on the clear flaws UGA does have, because this is just objectively not true.

What's so hilarious about the "wasn't a take" schtick UGA has is that considering the lack of draft prospects yearly coming out of that program, I'd say getting players they don't want is a positive no? Kid may actually be a NFLer if Kirby didn't want him.

You obviously got confused and were accidentally watching the MLS draft.

images

Reactions: T Dog
I want Smael Mondon very badly. However, I think that we'll be fine at linebacker regardless of whether we land him or not. If we could land both Payton Page and Tyrion Ingrams-Dawkins, I think that would be more critical to our future success because we're still comparatively weak at DL.

Last edited:
You obviously got confused and were accidentally watching the MLS draft.
Go back and look at the top 5 recruiting rankings the last 5 cycles. OSU, Bama, Clemson and UGA don't have any where near the same draft productivity. And UGA is the loner out the group. Athens, where 5 stars go to turn into UDFA's.

Go back and look at the top 5 recruiting rankings the last 5 cycles. OSU, Bama, Clemson and UGA don't have any where near the same draft productivity. And UGA is the loner out the group. Athens, where 5 stars go to turn into UDFA's.

Georgia has had 31 players drafted since 2015. 8 of those 31 were in the 1st round. If you think Georgia isn't placing players in the NFL, then you're delusional.

...and curse you for making me post positive facts about Georgia football!!

Georgia has had 31 players drafted since 2015. 8 of those 31 were in the 1st round. If you think Georgia isn't placing players in the NFL, then you're delusional.

...and curse you for making me post positive facts about Georgia football!!
I think his point was all those 5*s are supposed to be 1st rounders. How many actually are? How many are transferring like Fields and May's? I'd like to see a chart.

I think his point was all those 5*s are supposed to be 1st rounders. How many actually are? How many are transferring like Fields and May's? I'd like to see a chart.
Not all 5 star guys are 1st round draft picks regardless of where they go to school. That's a fantasy. His post to me stated they become undrafted free agents. Some guys do. They do here too. Again though, this statement is largely a fantasy.

Not all 5 star guys are 1st round draft picks regardless of where they go to school. That's a fantasy. His post to me stated they become undrafted free agents. Some guys do. They do here too. Again though, this statement is largely a fantasy.
Dang, I was enjoying it.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back