'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

Obviously its not over. But last week they said that we were surging. This week they said that we were still deep in it, but that Kirby knows how important Mondon is and is putting on the full court press. I.e. he's sent Seck.. er.. Rusty after him.

I think there is a message in that though. I said before that ga was missing on a lot of top targets. That seems to be the case and perhaps ole Kirby is getting a little desperate. he's obsessed with recruiting titles because they can't win anything else.

Hopefully this changes and we still come out on top. Would be curious to get @Atlanta VOL 's thoughts here.

Obviously its not over. But last week they said that we were surging. This week they said that we were still deep in it, but that Kirby knows how important Mondon is and is putting on the full court press. I.e. he's sent Seck.. er.. Rusty after him.

I think there is a message in that though. I said before that ga was missing on a lot of top targets. That seems to be the case and perhaps ole Kirby is getting a little desperate. he's obsessed with recruiting titles because they can't win anything else.

Hopefully this changes and we still come out on top. Would be curious to get @Atlanta VOL 's thoughts here.
Obviously anything can happen here up until the day it happens....but my confidence is at an all time high right now.
My magic 8 ball says mid June sometime..
from Wed night of this week....

i do agree, i think Kirby is feeling a little pressure, especially on prized in state kids.

i do agree, i think Kirby is feeling a little pressure, especially on prized in state kids.

He’s there to recruit talent, not win at the big stage when it matters.

Yet, their fan base thinks he’s one the best coaches in the country. Comical.

Yeah, he concentrated on recruiting out of state last year. Add word getting around about him and missing on a lot of targets this year, he has to be a little desperate to get some momentum going.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Awfully coincidental that Rusty got back on the road and now we’re hearing less optimistic news on Mondon
I didn't really take it that way. Look at the perspective of the 2 war rooms.

Last week they acted like no one knew we were already surging for Mondon. So it was deemed good news. Now, they never ever said we were leading or anything like that. Surging was said in the perspective of "we are deeper in it than most believed". Maybe we passed Auburn or other teams. To anyone not listening to AV, this was probably new news.

This week, now in the mindset of readers already knowing that we are in the thick of it, we are reminded uga is the safe bet. They always were. Nothing new or groundbreaking imo. If they had said we led last week, then I'd take it as a negative. But they never did. We knew it would be a fight.

We just need a fighter's chance here and let PAN give their closing speech. Coffee and all that jazz.

I didn't really take it that way. Look at the perspective of the 2 war rooms.

Last week they acted like no one knew we were already surging for Mondon. So it was deemed good news. Now, they never ever said we were leading or anything like that. Surging was said in the perspective of "we are deeper in it than most believed". Maybe we passed Auburn or other teams. To anyone not listening to AV, this was probably new news.

This week, now in the mindset of readers already knowing that we are in the thick of it, we are reminded uga is the safe bet. They always were. Nothing new or groundbreaking imo. If they had said we led last week, then I'd take it as a negative. But they never did. We knew it would be a fight.

We just need a fighter's chance here and let PAN give their closing speech. Coffee and all that jazz.

Devo stop following me around and pissing on my posts

47C64E62-3871-466F-BA29-84514783EE4F.gif

That would be a mistake. Saban and Dabo have finished #1 in recruiting and both have multiple NCs to show for it. Finishing #1 consistently in recruiting and just as consistently not make the playoffs and your fanbase will soon be calling for your head. Especially in the SEC.

That would be a mistake. Saban and Dabo have finished #1 in recruiting and both have multiple NCs to show for it. Finishing #1 consistently in recruiting and just as consistently not make the playoffs and your fanbase will soon be calling for your head. Especially in the SEC.

yep i cant wait. its coming for them.

Mondon won't make or break this class either way.
UGA has always benefited from the "Pete Carroll" strategy when he was at USC. He said that there was more than enough talent within 50 miles of LA to fill out most of his class. From there... he only went after truly great prospects across the country.

There is some strategy here. Smart is defending home turf. Typically a UGA coach can fill most of his class from GA then go trophy hunting to round it out. There has been pressure from other schools but the addition of UT as a real threat for GA's best players means that Smart has less time and resources to throw at out of state recruiting. UT has always depended on a big recruiting budget and out of state players... The Vols are operating on a battlefield they're accustomed to... UGA is not.

Since this is the official UGA thread now, thought I'd share Rusty's work on the road seems to be paying immediate dividends lol

"Still think UGA is going to add prospects to its commit list in the coming weeks. I have one commitment story already written, and I will need to go film the next one because he wants a commitment video. Those are coming soon but, no, not this weekend. There is another one that tells me he is close to announcing and I found out today that he is actually a silent to UGA. So there you go, there seems to be a lot of action on the horizon for the Bulldogs."

Since this is the official UGA thread now, thought I'd share Rusty's work on the road seems to be paying immediate dividends lol

"Still think UGA is going to add prospects to its commit list in the coming weeks. I have one commitment story already written, and I will need to go film the next one because he wants a commitment video. Those are coming soon but, no, not this weekend. There is another one that tells me he is close to announcing and I found out today that he is actually a silent to UGA. So there you go, there seems to be a lot of action on the horizon for the Bulldogs."

Considering mondon said he’s announcing in June!...I bet he’s one of them.

VN Store

Back