'19 GA OL Wanya Morris (Tennessee signee)

Now this is a great player Coach Pruitt is recruiting. I have been critical of some of the players we've been targeting. But Wanya Morris is not one of them. This kid is an athletic freak at the tackle position. If we can land him and Darnell Wright, we'll have two starting caliber NFL tackles on our team.

An offensive line featuring Wanya Morris, Darnell Wright, and Trey Smith will easily be the best in the nation.

You aware of how delusional you sound? You're not an evaluator of any sort. No one wants to hear the constant blubbering of your unsolicited opinion.

Reactions: 16 people
Now this is a great player Coach Pruitt is recruiting. I have been critical of some of the players we've been targeting. But Wanya Morris is not one of them. This kid is an athletic freak at the tackle position. If we can land him and Darnell Wright, we'll have two starting caliber NFL tackles on our team.

An offensive line featuring Wanya Morris, Darnell Wright, and Trey Smith will easily be the best in the nation.
You just ruined all 3 of their careers

Reactions: 6 people
it's hard not to start to get carried away thinking about it.

at least one more year of T smith, those two, CArvin, Lampley......it'd be young, but you could argue the O line would be 'fixed' by year 2.

One thing to keep in mind, Wright, Morris and Lampley, are just highly rated prospects and nothing more. They must be developed and stay healthy. Wil Friend can develop them and I believe that they will stay healthy. But nothing is assured of happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
One thing to keep in mind, Wright, Morris and Lampley, are just highly rated prospects and nothing more. They must be developed and stay healthy. Wil Friend can develop them and I believe that they will stay healthy. But nothing is assured of happening.

This is the case for any and every recruit.

Don't forget Carvin, who'll likely have a starting spot on thr OL this Fall as a true freshman.

Lampley also. He's a *4 and top 247 OG with 6'4 300+LB size. Along with Smith,Carvin,J.Johnson,R.Johnson and R.Locklear plus this '19 OLine Class there is potential to be one of the best Oline's in the country in a couple years.

Him and Banks both.
There was also a WR from their HS team that went to Indiana and is a projected starter as a true freshman.

I'm really excited about Banks. Can see him getting some early PT and starting by next season if he develops like he has potential to do.

It all started for Morris at Future 50 in Orlando very early this year. He was dominant and arguably the best performer. We could tell then that he was on track to be one of the top prospects in the 2019 class.

Morris is one of the most athletic offensive linemen in the country and he still has so much upside at tackle. He checks in higher than ever this update, but could easily be a top 10 prospect. He just happens to have guys like Clay Webb, Kardell Thomas and Kenyon Green in front of him. We have seen a little more of those guys, so they have the edge now.

What Morris has in his favor over Webb and Thomas is, he is a tackle and his value is higher at that position. He is at a premiere position, so to be one of the best at it, makes him special.

We have made Morris a five-star and he still could end up a top 10 prospect in the country. He has checked every box for us and now we will compare him to those in front of him this fall to see where he ends up. The Tennessee commit looks like one who the Vols could really build around on the offensive line in the years to come.

-Chad Simmons, Rivals

Reactions: 15 people
So do we still go with Rivals hates us? A committed recruit just moved up to 5 star status. Have we moved on to the Pruitt bump now? I am unsure on how to act on VolNation anymore.

VN Store

Back