'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

Sorry...I guess it was confusing. His cousin follows recruiting on this board. I just don’t know if he posts or not. Tate’s momma tags him on all UT stuff on facebook.

It wasn’t confusing at all, you wrote it right, I understood that his cousin (he) might be on VN and a legit insider for Tate. At no point did your post make it seem that you could be referring to either his cousin or his mom.

Last edited:
“it went really well,” said ratledge, who’s ranked the no. 37 overall prospect and no. 5 offensive tackle in the 247sports composite for the 2020 class. “it was mostly just me talking with coaches, building relationships with them, getting closer to them — really, a lot of that. “i’ve gotten to know them pretty well. I can talk to them real easily. They’re real easy people to talk to. They seem like they’re interested in getting to know you more away from the football kind of side of it. “they’re more about building that relationship and getting to know you.”

“they had a little, 10-minute practice because that’s all they could spend with them, and i got to watch some of that,” ratledge said. “i like how (friend) coaches. He’s loud, and i really like that in a coach, when they get loud when they coach. I don’t know. That’s just kind of something i like — personal preference, i guess.”

he said he will “most definitely go to a game this year” at tennessee, although he hasn’t started to make any plans for which games he might attend this season. For now, he doesn’t expect to decide on a college until sometime next year. “i’m kind of taking it easy,” ratledge said. “i’m not really too worried about making my decision yet. I’m trying to get to know what place is going to be best for me and my family. I want to make a decision by next summer, maybe before my senior football season, because i don’t want to have to worry about it.

“but if i don’t have someone that stands out to me — like, that’s definitely where i want to go — i’m not going to rush it and commit and then feel like, ‘this isn’t the right place,’ and then decommit. When i commit, i plan on staying committed.”

Are you saying this is the commit before the end of the dead period Gucci?

"I am planning to commit next summer before my senior year," said Ratledge. "If I am not ready, then I will push it back, but that is when I am looking to commit.

"I have not even thought about committing to any school yet. I know I am not ready yet. I am in no rush at all. I will continue to look at schools, take visits and then look at it more next year.

"I am not going to be one who decommits, so I will take all the time I need to make sure my decision is 100-percent."
Ratledge was born in Chattanooga (Tenn.) and he lived there as a child before moving to Georgia when he was five years old. He has a lot of family member that love Rocky Top and he has seen a change in Knoxville.

"Coach Pruitt has already made a big impact at Tennessee. It is completely different there than it was before. The energy level there now is great and it is just a different feel.

"He has talked to me about how it may be rough early, but I know he has a lot of confidence that he can get the Tennessee program back in the right direction.

"Coach Pruitt being there has helped them with me for sure. I like what he and his staff are doing."

Ratledge is not one of those recruits that wants to be on the road each weekend for a game in the fall. He will take in some, but he will also be watching closely from his home.

"To be honest, I like to sit back on the couch and watch the games. I will go out to some to take a look at schools, but I won't be out all the time.

"I know I have to find where I will be happy at, so visits will still be important. I will be looking at where I can compete the most too. I want to be somewhere that has good depth on the offensive so I will pushed the hardest. I will be looking for that this season too. I want to work for the job.

"Academic stuff is very important too and relationships will be something I look at hard. I will get out some this season and take it all in."
--Simmons

Pruitts honesty will help weather a rough yr 1 imo. He has set their expectations that there will be ups and downs this first yr but that he will get it done. If we exceed then it's even better as kids will say well they weren't supposed to be good and did this then what happens with a team that should good

Reactions: PA Vol
Love that he says he wants to go somewhere with good depth where he will be pushed the hardest, and he wants to win the job. Definitely a competitor. Not someone looking to come in and guaranteed to start. Very nice. And with us signing another OL, and still having Wright out there....definitely building the depth in this class.

When asked if we were the leader for this kid

Tate has some ties to Tennessee but right now the Vols are definitely trailing Alabama and Georgia there.
-Simonton

That kid seems to be put together very well, nice proportion of weight. He could easily put on another 15-20 if needed and you wouldn't even notice.

Agreed. I think butch screwed this one

Nah... he keeps talking about his relationship with Pruitt... Botch didn't help, but I think he is looking at GA/AL success right now and whether or not he wants to take a chance on us... he's been a fan all his life and if you read his mom's FB post, even though that was a long time ago, I think we have a chance.

Nah... he keeps talking about his relationship with Pruitt... Botch didn't help, but I think he is looking at GA/AL success right now and whether or not he wants to take a chance on us... he's been a fan all his life and if you read his mom's FB post, even though that was a long time ago, I think we have a chance.
What did mama say?

VN Store

Back