'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

Glad we got our 2 5 star linemen last cycle because if Ratledge does spurn us I'm not sure where we turn to at OT. Would have said Johnson, but that looks like he's sticking with tOSU for the time being. Hopefully tOSU goes like 7-5 this year and makes him start looking around.
Johnson is visiting UGA this weekend and they feel good about their chances. Long way to go there, Vols still in it as well.

Leonard seems like somone they could lean on at OT....i think he's a flip candidate.

Alright Scooby gang, what's up with the disparity between Pruitt pushing the #1 class narrative and the VQ guys playing the role of catbone, on several recruits?

The staff, while I'm sure is exaggerating some for recruiting, still should be closer to the situation. But I can't ignore how often VQ "has the article written" on so many recruits.

For @bignewt
tumblr_misubfrS0x1qgzitbo1_250.jpg

Alright Scooby gang, what's up with the disparity between Pruitt pushing the #1 class narrative and the VQ guys playing the role of catbone, on several recruits?

The staff, while I'm sure is exaggerating some for recruiting, still should be closer to the situation. But I can't ignore how often VQ "has the article written" on so many recruits.

For @bignewt
View attachment 202121

If you had been on your "A" game a gif of Linda Cardellini as Velma would have been the proverbial home run.

Last edited:

For @bignewt
View attachment 202121
i just think tate is one of those that it's down to us or them, and he's not 100% either way. and given no indication to anyone which way. likes them both, always has good things to say.

feels like a hedged bet, which means they really don't know.

or, it's like bgs said...Price is in the process of trying to let us down softly, and we ain't havin' it. :)

i just think tate is one of those that it's down to us or them, and he's not 100% either way. and given no indication to anyone which way. likes them both, always has good things to say.

feels like a hedged bet, which means they really don't know.

or, it's like bgs said...Price is in the process of trying to let us down softly, and we ain't havin' it. :)
Seems like AP is leaning no but there was a couple of other recruits also.
Unfortunately, I had to play catch-up this morning and I mean majorly. Tate was the only one that I could remember for certain but there was a "pump the brakes" feel on a couple more.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Seems like AP is leaning no but there was a couple of other recruits also.
Unfortunately, I had to play catch-up this morning and I mean majorly. Tate was the only one that I could remember for certain but there was a "pump the brakes" feel on a couple more.
agree with that....and virtually nothing from him on the visit. all the stuff put out from other guys that came was extremely positive....llike short of committing positive.

this one definitely feels like it's up in the air, at best.

Reactions: chargervol
I think if Bailey is successful in peer-recruiting the rest of the Six-Pack to UT, Ratledge will be a Vol. If they split between UT and UGA, I think Ratledge will end up at UGA. JMO.
The Six-Pack? There's a name to that recruit group? Who are the 6?

Reactions: LA Vol
The Six-Pack? There's a name to that recruit group? Who are the 6?

No, I just called them that because they visit and hang out together. They all have Tennessee ties, and Bailey is peer-recruiting them hard-- Mays, Baron, Ratledge, Hardy and Lawrence. They're all connected, and most have played together now or in the past and have said they want to play together in college.

I think if Bailey is successful in peer-recruiting the rest of the Six-Pack to UT, Ratledge will be a Vol. If they split between UT and UGA, I think Ratledge will end up at UGA. JMO.
Agreed, I believe Tate will unfortunately end up at UGA

No, I just called them that because they visit and hang out together. They all have Tennessee ties, and Bailey is peer-recruiting them hard-- Mays, Baron, Ratledge, Hardy and Lawrence. They're all connected, and most have played together now or in the past and have said they want to play together in college.
well, i guess if you are looking for good news there, i would say of those 5, 4 of them are strong TN leans at the moment.....

Agreed, I believe Tate will unfortunately end up at UGA

Right now, he seems the most likely to go that way. I think Baron and Lawrence will be Vols. Mays is tight with both Baron and Ratledge, so we'll see. It's an interesting dynamic.

Right now, he seems the most likely to go that way. I think Baron and Lawrence will be Vols. Mays is tight with both Baron and Ratledge, so we'll see. It's an interesting dynamic.
i don't think Baron is on the radar for UGA is he? and of course you got Cade at UGA, so i'm sure the pitch to Ratledge and Mays is it makes the most sense for them both to go there, given those connections.

yeah, there's a lot in play here.

Reactions: LA Vol
The more I read here and the Roger's thread, the more I come down from my getting them all, high.
Going back to my uniformed, yet awesome, non reality - reality.

Reactions: jakez4ut
i don't think Baron is on the radar for UGA is he? and of course you got Cade at UGA, so i'm sure the pitch to Ratledge and Mays is it makes the most sense for them both to go there, given those connections.

yeah, there's a lot in play here.

Not really following UGA's recruiting... but probably notsomuch. IMO, Baron is the closest to a Vol lock. He's taking his visits because his dad encouraged him to go through the process, but I could see Baron and Lawrence committing before the others. You never know, though. Cade's at UGA, but Cooper and Baron will be playing together this summer and fall, so... it's impossible to predict how it'll all shake out.

The more I read here and the Roger's thread, the more I come down from my getting them all, high.
Going back to my uniformed, yet awesome, non reality - reality.
it's a process. lol.

wish they would have all committed Sunday and we could move on.
:)

Reactions: chargervol
Not really following UGA's recruiting... but probably notsomuch. IMO, Baron is the closest to a Vol lock. He's taking his visits because his dad encouraged him to go through the process, but I could see Baron and Lawrence committing before the others. You never know, though. Cade's at UGA, but Cooper and Baron will be playing together this summer and fall, so... it's impossible to predict how it'll all shake out.
agreed. i'm really liking hte positive vibes on Lawrence though....that's good. hope that continues.

VN Store

Back