‘23 GA LB Jeremiah Telander (Tennessee commit)

Clarke Central threatened to cut into the lead by driving 74 yards in eight plays to set up first down at the Gainesville 8 when the Gladiators took their final timeout of the half with 20.1 seconds remaining. But Jeremiah Telander made the final play of a big first half by flushing Anderson out of the pocket and tackling him in bounds at the 7, allowing the clock to run out and send Gainesville into intermission with its 14-point lead intact.

It was the capper for a huge first half for the 6-2, 218-pound Tennessee commit, who had two tackles for loss and a pass break up in the opening 24 minutes, in addition to the clutch tackle at the end of the half. “It was big,” Telander said of the final play of the half. “The whole defense was gassed. We were playing on an empty tank, but we kept fighting with 10 seconds on the (clock). I had a play call, I had a cue and I read it and made the play.”

High school football: Gainesville's Baxter Wright throws five touchdown passes in big win against Clarke Central

I'd still love to add one more ILB. But I could see us going to the portal for help at the position, too.
I think we do both. I know we’re not exactly at the top of his list right now, but could Akana play at the second level if we’re able to get him? I know we just offered his teammate at corner. I would also love to see Jourdan Thomas bulk up a little and play LB if Turrentine, Walker, Miller, and Slaughter make a big jump and he’s not necessarily needed as much at safety. He already around 210 at 6’2 isn’t he?

I think we do both. I know we’re not exactly at the top of his list right now, but could Akana play at the second level if we’re able to get him? I know we just offered his teammate at corner. I would also love to see Jourdan Thomas bulk up a little and play LB if Turrentine, Walker, Miller, and Slaughter make a big jump and he’s not necessarily needed as much at safety. He already around 210 at 6’2 isn’t he?
Thomas brought the pain on special teams today!

He's averaging 8 tackles a game. He's already 6'2 220

He's like AJ Johnson a little bit in that his foot speed isn't stellar. But i have no doubts he'll improve that.
He doesn't need to run 4.4. But 4.7...yeah. And I think he can easily work to that.
He's so physical and is always in the right spot.

He's like AJ Johnson a little bit in that his foot speed isn't stellar. But i have no doubts he'll improve that.
He doesn't need to run 4.4. But 4.7...yeah. And I think he can easily work to that.

He's smart and instinctive. He also doesn't miss tackles. Linebacker is more about diagnosing plays quickly and lateral quickness than 40 times. I think Telander will surprise some folks. The goal is still to pull Sammy Brown in '24.

Last edited:

He’s quicker than AJ.

VN Store

Back