‘23 GA LB Jeremiah Telander (Tennessee commit)

Telander and Jalen Smith (if we get him) are two of the most productive linebackers in GA high school football this year. They both are tackling machines.

I love the Telander pick-up. He runs very well from side line to side line. Only reason he isn't a consensus 4 star is because he is a little on the light side.

Reactions: buckfama
Just sayin…you’re legally bound by this precedent.
True…. If I was claiming that he would be a great Linebacker which I did not… I just said he wasn’t slow…. I have been around a lot of High School football programs and have never seen them put a slow player as a kick returner…. He also runs the 200M on the track team… he has plenty of speed to be an inside linebacker. Looks like a good prospect but I wouldn’t trust my evaluation.

Boom!
iu

Tennessee continued its productive recruiting weekend Sunday by landing one of its longtime linebacker targets in the 2023 class, Jeremiah Telander. The rising senior at Gainesville (Ga.) High School chose the Vols over Louisville and North Carolina just hours after he wrapped up his official visit to Knoxville this weekend.

Andrew Ivins, a Southeast recruiting analyst for 247Sports, said there’s plenty to like about the 6-foot-2, 217-pound Telander, who received his first scholarship offer more than a year ago from Tennessee and has visited the Vols a half-dozen times.

“I like the get for the Vols,” Ivins said of Telander, who’s ranked the No. 919 overall prospect and No. 74 linebacker in the 2023 class and the No. 88 rising senior from the state of Georgia, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “Not many linebackers with his resume — 280 tackles the past two seasons.

“What I liked about Jeremiah was how he moved in coverage back in the winter when I saw him playing safety on the 7-on-7 circuit. He’s a good athlete with some spring to him.

“What’s even more encouraging is, when you turn on the tape, he’s kind of a difference-maker at the point of attack. He has some good instincts and can also provide some pass-rushing value in certain situations.”

Telander gave Tennessee its 11th commitment for the 2023 class and its first from a projected linebacker. North Carolina and Louisville hosted him on official visits in addition to the Vols, who also landed Class of 2023 safety John Slaughter of Southaven (Miss.) High School on Saturday during his official visit to Knoxville.

Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff is recruiting Telander as projected inside linebacker. He plans to graduate in December and join the Vols in January as an early enrollee.

“I see him slotting in as a Mike or Will in UT’s four-man front and eventually emerging as a contributor at the second level,” Ivins said of Telander.
Ivins pointed out that Tennessee has continued to have success in recruiting the state of Georgia under Heupel. Telander is one of three Georgia prospects in the 2023 class who are currently committed to the Vols, along with four-star tight end Ethan Davis of Collins Hill High School in Suwanee, Ga., and safety Jack Luttrell of Colquitt County High School in Moultrie, Ga.

After Telander’s commitment, Ivins said he thinks “it’s notable what Tennessee is doing in the Peach State.”

“They continue to get SEC caliber guys: Ethan Davis and Telander this cycle after Tyre West, Joshua Josephs and others last cycle,” Ivins said of the Vols.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back