'19 GA ILB Trezmen Marshall

When I read your boards it seems strongly that Holyfield leaves.
Most thought Holyfield was headed to the NFL. Now there's a lot of talk that he may be staying. No way Sanders was coming to UGA if Holyfield stayed. If Holyfield declares for the draft, then I would agree with those who say that Sanders did a major Troll job on UGA.

Catboneitis 🤣

I am usually pretty negative when it comes to recruiting. But this ESD along with last years is just utterly ridiculous. People expect TN to be an elite destination based on 4-8 and 5-7. Its just dumb. And the dumb will continue past NSD. I oredict we finish somewhere between 13-17 this year. I am sure many will say that thats a disappointment and Pruitt isnt as good as advertised blah, blah, blah.

I am usually pretty negative when it comes to recruiting. But this ESD along with last years is just utterly ridiculous. People expect TN to be an elite destination based on 4-8 and 5-7. Its just dumb. And the dumb will continue past NSD. I oredict we finish somewhere between 13-17 this year. I am sure many will say that thats a disappointment and Pruitt isnt as good as advertised blah, blah, blah.
Everyone wants to turn around in 1 year what took 10 to create. I call him Eeyore so maybe it Eeyoreitis.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Tbh I’m not sure what will happen with Zeus. Rehabbing from one blown ACL is hard enough, but doing it twice... Obviously I hope he overcomes it. Hate it when injuries derail college kids’ careers. A bit off topic, but what is the word on trey smith? That kid was a beast.
nothing official on Trey Smith, but most of us think he is done with the second bout of blood clots. And frankly I think that's the right answer. his health comes first.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
nothing official on Trey Smith, but most of us think he is done with the second bout of blood clots. And frankly I think that's the right answer. his health comes first.

Agreed. No way Trey comes back. I dont see him risking it. I just hope he gets healthy.

If he wasn’t going to come back I think he would have already medically retired. I believe he is definitely coming back.
I think he gives it one more shot, but the likelihood of him being able to play for any extended period of time will be slim. The good thing is, they know about his condition and will he monitoring it so close that I dont think theyll allow him to get really bad before they pull the plug again. And from that standpoint, if they can limit the risk, then what the heck, give it one more shot.

I think he gives it one more shot, but the likelihood of him being able to play for any extended period of time will be slim. The good thing is, they know about his condition and will he monitoring it so close that I dont think theyll allow him to get really bad before they pull the plug again. And from that standpoint, if they can limit the risk, then what the heck, give it one more shot.

I thought I heard or read somewhere that he was going to have surgery this time to try and fix the issue permanently? Because the issue before was they didn’t know how he got the clots, and this time they caught it so early the understood the issue more?

I thought I heard or read somewhere that he was going to have surgery this time to try and fix the issue permanently? Because the issue before was they didn’t know how he got the clots, and this time they caught it so early the understood the issue more?
No idea. But it was my understanding that he may always have some type of risk, no matter what. I hope and pray that he's able to play and not end his career. Kid is a super talent.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
No idea. But it was my understanding that he may always have some type of risk, no matter what. I hope and pray that he's able to play and not end his career. Kid is a super talent.
I hope he doesn’t always have the risk. I do know they said it wasn’t a hereditary issue or a family transferred thing. But anyways hopefully he can obtain his dream of making it to the league.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I think he has to be on blood thinners now after the second time. If he is on blood thinners, he can't play.

I come on here and piss and moan with the best of them (yesterday especially), but I don't want Trey to come back at all if there is a chance it could affect his current health issues. He has a life to lead, nothing else is more important than that and his family.

Reactions: LouderVol
It won’t be up to him. If he’s on anti coagulants (which I suspect he will be) no doctor will clear him to play.

He was on blood thinners before. They took him off after the clots went away. If he was not going to play this year he would have already medically retired.
my understanding is that they cleared him because it could have been a one time clot issue. but now that it has come back it points to a more long term issue so they may not want to take him off knowing they will likely come back.

If we land Crouch, I suspect we will forget about Marshall pretty quickly. Besides, Marshall won't be contributing except on ST for the next few years, too many in front of him.

Hope everything works out for him. At the very least he'll get a degree, but hate it when careers are cut short due to injuries/illnesses.

He was on blood thinners before. They took him off after the clots went away. If he was not going to play this year he would have already medically retired.
Why? Is there a timetable for the announcement? Antonutti’s back issue took a full calendar year to reach this outcome. Just because it hasn’t been announced doesn’t mean it will never happen.

VN Store

Back