'19 GA ILB Trezmen Marshall

There’s gotta be some negative recruiting going on down the stretch. We had what seemed to be a ton of momentum with big time dudes and it’s almost entirely been extinguished in a week.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
The question then becomes how do you win more with very meh SEC recruiting classes (which we are starting to pile up)

You have to rely on two things. Players playing to their potential and coaching. We arent beating UGA or Bama anytime soon. But we should be beating SC, Mizzou, UK and Vandy every year. So if the two things I mentioned happen, then we should start to see 8 wins a year minimum.

Reactions: LittleVol
By all means, offer the evidence to refute my statement about Smart.

No national titles
1 conference title
Only coaching (head coach) for 3 years

Im sorry, that doesn't equate top tier yet... you offer evidence into why he is a "top tier" head coach.

Last edited:
It can't be a fact since it hasn't happened yet.
True it hasn't happened yet,

But do you honestly think our level of coaching will be on- par with those 3 programs within the next 5 years??
Not to mention not being able to beat Muschamp. Get poached by Clemson in recruiting.... All this stuff adds up.

I said 3 automatic losses. Tell me our average loss count from the previous 10 years.

I'll answer.... 6.4 losses!! Per season.

9-3 year in year year out would be GREATLY desired over the next 10 seasons

We're getting out coached in games on the field. Which leads to us suffering in recruiting and losing key players. Its a brutal cycle that's hard to break.

And guess what?? we can still be excited for the vols! Nothing i said should change that..

But the level of coaching in the SEC is far superior now than in the 1990's. And that's not going to change over the next to years.

Sorry, man. That's just the way it is.

Vols fans need to understand that this isn't the 1990's.

If we can sign top 15 classes and get everybit out of each class, then will be much better off. But there are too many "monopolies" in college football for UT to rise to like the 1990's.

UGA is rolling.
Bama is still rolling.
UF has already began to surge back.

That's 3 guaranteed L's for the next 10 years.
I’ll take that bet for any amount of money.

But do you honestly think our level of coaching will be on- par with those 3 programs within the next 5 years??
Not to mention not being able to beat Muschamp. Get poached by Clemson in recruiting.... All this stuff adds up.

I said 3 automatic losses. Tell me our average loss count from the previous 10 years.

We're getting out coached in games on the field. Which leads to us suffering in recruiting and losing key players. Its a brutal cycle that's hard to break.

And guess what?? we can still be excited for the vols! Nothing i said should change that..

But the level of coaching in the SEC is far superior now than in the 1990's. And that's not going to change over the next to years.

Lol sure bub... you related to butch? Dont feed us this bulljib... we wont settle for 9 win seasons...

10 years is a long time. Florida is not that much ahead of us. Saban probably won't be there in 10 years. It absolutely not predestined that UT will lose to all three of those teams for the next ten years. If you think so, you probably just move along.

10 years is a long time. Florida is not that much ahead of us. Saban probably won't be there in 10 years. It absolutely not predestined that UT will lose to all three of those teams for the next ten years. If you think so, you probably just move along.

Move on?
Why?

Somebody has to win, and somebody has to lose.
Florida had beaten us 11 years straight and they had some crap teams along some of that stint. Sorry Saban has about some time left. And even when does leave...do you think he'll hand off the program to some Joe Schmo?? By then they'll be paying coaches $20 million a year. And Bama will pay the most.

I'm be VERY happy at 9-3 over the next 10 years.

Some of you all STILL do not understand where UT is now, because you don't understand HOW it got there.

Move on?
Why?

Florida had beaten us 11 years straight and they had some crap teams along some of that stint. Sorry Saban has about some time left. And even when does leave...do you think he'll hand off the program to some Joe Schmo?? By then they'll be paying coaches $20 million a year. And Bama will pay the most.

Some of you all STILL do not understand where UT is now, because you don't understand HOW it got there.
Perhaps you missed the 2016 Florida game. We make more money with our crappy teams of late than Bama does. If you're satisfied with 9-3 you should go cheer for Vandy. That way you're thrilled when one of those 9-3 years comes around.

Move on?
Why?

What does it feel like, always thinking you're the smartest guy in the room? It has to be exhausting?

Okay didn't think much of you till this post. Now it's clear you're trolling.

Leave.
U sound jelly that you don't have a UGA brother in-law. Just reporting what he's feeding me. You don't have to believe it dude. They believe Dean is in also and Cain has been told to look elsewhere.

VN Store

Back