'20 GA ILB Desmond Tisdol (Auburn commit)

Would be a crazy good class, it fills all the needs going forward and brings at least 3-4 immediate starters with Washington, Green, Jones-Bell, and possibly Hyatt
TrippieRedd...You’ve only got 24 recruits so no need to swap one for the Ox.......codyg10 What? you don’t think HB will be a starter right out of the gate !? lol

TrippieRedd...You’ve only got 24 recruits so no need to swap one for the Ox.......codyg10 What? you don’t think HB will be a starter right out of the gate !? lol
If Maurer can stay healthy I don’t see him losing the job in 2020. Maybe in 2021 Bailey takes over, but I’ve thought since the spring game that Maurer was going to be a special talent. Plus I’ve never thought Bailey was going to be a day 1 starter and never look back. Granted I only watched his game on ESPN during week 1, and I wasn’t that impressed. I think he will eventually be a good QB, but Maurer is more mobile and has just as good of an arm in my opinion. Bailey doesn’t have Arik Gilbert coming with him either, and I think he has played a major part in his high school success. Hopefully Washington and TJB will be here and he will have that chemistry with Keyton, but Maurer will have developed that with them by then as well. Plus the team had already rallied around him since the early parts of this season, and that makes a big difference

If Maurer can stay healthy I don’t see him losing the job in 2020. Maybe in 2021 Bailey takes over, but I’ve thought since the spring game that Maurer was going to be a special talent. Plus I’ve never thought Bailey was going to be a day 1 starter and never look back. Granted I only watched his game on ESPN during week 1, and I wasn’t that impressed. I think he will eventually be a good QB, but Maurer is more mobile and has just as good of an arm in my opinion. Bailey doesn’t have Arik Gilbert coming with him either, and I think he has played a major part in his high school success. Hopefully Washington and TJB will be here and he will have that chemistry with Keyton, but Maurer will have developed that with them by then as well. Plus the team had already rallied around him since the early parts of this season, and that makes a big difference
I remember a kid coming in as a Parade All-American in 94’ and was the fourth option on that team. Tennessee was playing UCLA out in Cali and on the first drive Henton blew his knee out. The backup was a baseball player who ended up playing in the MLB...Todd Helton was his name and had a great career in baseball. Next man up everyone thought it would be the Parade All-American but NO ! It was the more athletic type QB Brandon Stewart. The Parade All-American split time after time with Brandon. So they had a QB dilemma with the stater out TODD was banged up and two Freshmen QB’s. They finally settled on the Parade All-American and Todd Helton spoke out stating that he was stepping aside to let PEYTON MANNING take over being the starter. By the way I’m not stating this is what I see for HB. But I do believe that in time he will be the QB and a good one. ALSO Peyton wasn’t afraid to sign on that dotted line even knowing that he may have to wait a year or even two to become the QB..! Because Heath Shuler hadn’t decided if he was coming back his senior year AND he wasn’t afraid of competition. When the VERY athletic All-American Brandon Stewart who was a lot in the mold of Heath with his athleticism.! Peyton only stated that he would love to learn everything he could his first year while learning from Heath Shuler......Can I get an amen...That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!! LoL

I remember a kid coming in as a Parade All-American in 94’ and was the fourth option on that team. Tennessee was playing UCLA out in Cali and on the first drive Henton blew his knee out. The backup was a baseball player who ended up playing in the MLB...Todd Helton was his name and had a great career in baseball. Next man up everyone thought it would be the Parade All-American but NO ! It was the more athletic type QB Brandon Stewart. The Parade All-American split time after time with Brandon. So they had a QB dilemma with the stater out TODD was banged up and two Freshmen QB’s. They finally settled on the Parade All-American and Todd Helton spoke out stating that he was stepping aside to let PEYTON MANNING take over being the starter. By the way I’m not stating this is what I see for HB. But I do believe that in time he will be the QB and a good one. ALSO Peyton wasn’t afraid to sign on that dotted line even knowing that he may have to wait a year or even two to become the QB..! Because Heath Shuler hadn’t decided if he was coming back his senior year AND he wasn’t afraid of competition. When the VERY athletic All-American Brandon Stewart who was a lot in the mold of Heath with his athleticism.! Peyton only stated that he would love to learn everything he could his first year while learning from Heath Shuler......Can I get an amen...That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!! LoL
You got a lot of details mixed up in that story. Sterling Henton had graduated years before. Jerry Colquitt blew his knee out in his first start his redshirt senior season. Todd Helton was the clear starter until he too was injured and Peyton was determined by Cut to be the next man up. It wasn’t really wasn’t a “step aside” by Helton...he simply recognized his future was in another sport.

You got a lot of details mixed up in that story. Sterling Henton had graduated years before. Jerry Colquitt blew his knee out in his first start his redshirt senior season. Todd Helton was the clear starter until he too was injured and Peyton was determined by Cut to be the next man up. It wasn’t really wasn’t a “step aside” by Helton...he simply recognized his future was in another sport.
Manning also committed a few weeks AFTER Heath Shuler announced he was entering the draft.

Reactions: butchna
Manning also committed a few weeks AFTER Heath Shuler announced he was entering the draft.
I was in Germany so the only inkling I had was a mention in USA Today.

Oops my bad your right it was Colquitt. He got hurt in the first drive starting the game. Helton wasn’t the clear cut as you say...He was next man up because two MORE talented players were freshman. Why do you think they brought in the two most highly rated QB’s in the same class...Oh, so they told them sorry but your gonna sit behind a 5th year senior and a baseball player...Do you really think that they didn’t see playing time as a freshman when they BOTH signed. Yes Helton got banged up a bit and publicly stated YES baseball was his career. Yes he made the statement on both accounts. He would play only if they couldn’t go...He stayed on the team at third string QB.

Frame wise and stuff, he reminds me of Quart'e Sapp in high school. Hopefully he works out better.

Likely won’t sign until February because teams have concerns over his grades, per VQ podcast

Correct.

VN Store

Back