'20 GA ILB Desmond Tisdol (Auburn commit)

Good pitch. We are thin at both positions. A starting job or being in the playing rotation is definitely a possibility.

Convinced we’re offering him as a RB.

UT made an offer to the run-stopper last week with position coach Kevin Sherrer leading the charge.

“He’s a cool guy. He said I could play early because they don’t have any linebackers.”
- E. Cain

I nailed it again. Really got my finger on the pulse of things.

Chad Simmons post on VQ...

I have done some checking with sources since Desmond Tisdol left Knoxville, and based on what I have gathered, Tennessee has taken the lead. The Vols showed him a lot Saturday and he is working to schedule an OV. Kevin Sherrer is the lead recruiter, and he is very well liked/respected in South Georgia, where Tisdol is located. This has been a VERY interesting recruitment to track.

Just keeping it real... Auburn was the school he wanted to go to. He even tried to move forward with a commitment, but the LB position on the Plains had been filled. That was until recently when Trent Simpson decommitted. The day after that happened, Travis Williams of Auburn reached out to Tisdol, and his camp to start communication up again. Auburn faded some with that LB being full at one time.

South Carolina was always running No. 2, but about three weeks ago, the Gamecocks took over and a decision looked to be imminent. He was VERY close to pulling the trigger there too very recently. Then Tennessee jumps in, offers and gets Tisdol on campus. Go back to the top of this and you see what I am hearing NOW. This is very fluid, and as of last week, the plan was for Tisdol to wait it out and sign in February. Now, I am being told by someone VERY close to this that Tisdol is now LIKELY to sign in December.

Official visits could be KEY here. He is now in talks with Auburn, South Carolina and Tennessee about official visits. None have been scheduled yet. Another thing that doesn't hurt UT here is, they became the first school to offer Tisdol's teammate, Martez Thrower, a 2021 LB.

This still is likely to have a few twists and turns in it. If Auburn makes a true run, they could be tough to beat. He has had them VERY high on his list for a long time. Tennessee is now trending today though, so we will continue to track this.

Hope this is our class.

5*
Darnell Washington

4*
Harrison Bailey
Reggie Grimes
Keshawn Lawrence
Thaiu Jones-Bell
Omari Thomas
Tyler Baron
Jay Hardy
Dominic Bailey
Desmond Tisdol
Marcus Henderson
Cooper Mays
Mordecai McDaniel
Martavius French
Jimmy Calloway
Art Green
Bryson Eason
Jalin Hyatt

3*
Jabari Small (May need to push here so we can for sure get Omari)
Tee Hodge
Javontez Spraggins
Darion Williamson
James Robinson
Tamarion McDonald

2*
Will Albright

Edit: Maybe swap someone out for Oxendine.

Last edited:
Hope this is our class.

5*
Darnell Washington

4*
Harrison Bailey
Reggie Grimes
Keshawn Lawrence
Thaiu Jones-Bell
Omari Thomas
Tyler Baron
Jay Hardy
Dominic Bailey
Desmond Tisdol
Marcus Henderson
Cooper Mays
Mordecai McDaniel
Martavius French
Jimmy Calloway
Art Green
Bryson Eason
Jalin Hyatt

3*
Tee Hodge
Javontez Spraggins
Darion Williamson
James Robinson

2*
Will Albright

Would be a great finish except @ DPR. Maybe we can flip Morven Joseph from FSU now that Taggart is gone.

Hope this is our class.

5*
Darnell Washington

4*
Harrison Bailey
Reggie Grimes
Keshawn Lawrence
Thaiu Jones-Bell
Omari Thomas
Tyler Baron
Jay Hardy
Dominic Bailey
Desmond Tisdol
Marcus Henderson
Cooper Mays
Mordecai McDaniel
Martavius French
Jimmy Calloway
Art Green
Bryson Eason
Jalin Hyatt

3*
Tee Hodge
Javontez Spraggins
Darion Williamson
James Robinson

2*
Will Albright

Would be a crazy good class, it fills all the needs going forward and brings at least 3-4 immediate starters with Washington, Green, Jones-Bell, and possibly Hyatt

VN Store

Back