GA fan makes big predictions for Vols in 2019

Gave you a like for the majority of this post....it’s both good and somewhat poetic. Gonna disagree on the UF sentiment however.....we have a better chance of beating both Clemson and Alabama simultaneously, 22 on 11, than we do of beating UF in the Swamp, in Neyland stadium or at the SuperBowl.

College football is hope eternal.
Sept. 20, 2003 Gainesville, Florida Tennessee 24, Florida 10
Dec. 1, 2001 Gainesville, Florida Tennessee 34, Florida 32

This poster only has two posts and can start threads. How can I start a thread?

Tbh it's kinda hard for me to keep up with teams other than the Vols during the offseason. I appreciate when fans from other teams give us the low-down, for better or worse. Of course I want us to win more than we did last year, but man beating the Gators and UGA would be sweet this year.

Thanks for the post. To hell with Georgia! Go Vols!
Are you really in japan and where?

Hello all, I lurk around the message boards of many teams. It helps me get better news and alternative perspectives on the recruiting trail, fans thoughts, etc. I love college football and I try to look at it from all angles

I am a GA alumni and fan. I am also a little bored this evening and felt like laying out a few thoughts for you all.

I truly think that UT finishes 2nd or 3rd this year in the east. Yes, I do think that UGA finishes first. I think that UT has the weapons to upset some people. Many other teams will undergo a lot of rebuilding over the next season while UT has virtually no turnover of players from 2018 to 2019. Given lack of turnover of players, a better offensive coordinator, and a second year with the coaching staff implementing their systems then one would only think there would be improvement, right??

I do not think many would disagree that UT should pick up an additional 2 wins over last season with the potential of picking up an additional 4 wins from last year.

UF is losing 4 out of 5 of their starting offensive lineman from 2018. They lose their leaders on defense as well. They do not yet have the depth to truly stack the team back up

Nearly all of Vanderbilts defense graduates

Kentucky has 12 starters leaving their team and 3 of them should be drafted in the first 3 rounds

Missouri has 10 starters leaving their team and 2 should be drafted in the first 3 rounds

GA State -W
BYU -W
Chat -W
UF - L (I think this will be a close loss and I give Florida the edge only because UT is playing away)
UGA - L (given the bye week, pruitt and kirbys hostility, playing at UT and Chaney trying to prove himself.... I could see this going bad for us. I think that UT leads for some of the game, but GA has more talent and more depth on the field which helps them close it out in the 4th quarter)
MS State - W
Alabama - L
USCjr. - W
UAB - W
KY - W
Missouri - W
Vanderbilt-W

Final, 9-3

Floor of 7 wins, ceiling of 10 wins.

Good luck this year. I hope you beat the gators, but lose to UGA and close out with 10 wins.
1554949867162.gif

Reactions: Type Orange+
come on now, you got a GA fan saying they hope you get 10 wins this season and predicting you at 9 while most of your own fans on here won't even do that

Your condescension has been duly noted.

Now slither back to the den from which you came and take the emasculated, turncoat apologizers with you.

That was a million years ago it seems..I was at both of them...I feel old now...Damn
Yep.....nothing like having to go back 15-16 years to recall the last time you’ve beaten your biggest rival at their place. Of course, we’ve only beaten them 1 time in Neyland in 15 years too.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
This poster only has two posts and can start threads. How can I start a thread?

Well, first'n you gotta visit the Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts Store on Greenway Drive in Knoxville. Perchase a sewing kit. Mass sure'n it includs heavy duty thread. Now, to git start'n, just put one end of the threat thru the eye of the needle. And dere ya go.

Eye jess love helpin my fella Vols fans.

It is a very interesting year in the East (after UGA). UGA has far more talent than the rest of the division and should win the East.

Florida gets Auburn and LSU back to back, along with MIAMI to start the season.

USCe has a really interesting schedule with Alabama, A&M, Clemson and they get Tennesse after playing UGA and Florida back to back. Vols should have a good shot here.

KY gets Miss St and Arkansas from the West, and have an easy schedule, but they lost a lot.

Mizzou packed their schedule with cupcakes (Wyoming, WVU, SE Missouri and Troy) and they have Ole Miss and Arkansas from the West, so they should have a good record.

If the Vols could pull out a win against UF, not out of the question for the Vols to finish second or third in the division.

Yep.....nothing like having to go back 15-16 years to recall the last time you’ve beaten your biggest rival at their place. Of course, we’ve only beaten them 1 time in Neyland in 15 years too.
Yeah pretty damn depressing.

Hello all, I lurk around the message boards of many teams. It helps me get better news and alternative perspectives on the recruiting trail, fans thoughts, etc. I love college football and I try to look at it from all angles

I am a GA alumni and fan. I am also a little bored this evening and felt like laying out a few thoughts for you all.

I truly think that UT finishes 2nd or 3rd this year in the east. Yes, I do think that UGA finishes first. I think that UT has the weapons to upset some people. Many other teams will undergo a lot of rebuilding over the next season while UT has virtually no turnover of players from 2018 to 2019. Given lack of turnover of players, a better offensive coordinator, and a second year with the coaching staff implementing their systems then one would only think there would be improvement, right??

I do not think many would disagree that UT should pick up an additional 2 wins over last season with the potential of picking up an additional 4 wins from last year.

UF is losing 4 out of 5 of their starting offensive lineman from 2018. They lose their leaders on defense as well. They do not yet have the depth to truly stack the team back up

Nearly all of Vanderbilts defense graduates

Kentucky has 12 starters leaving their team and 3 of them should be drafted in the first 3 rounds

Missouri has 10 starters leaving their team and 2 should be drafted in the first 3 rounds

GA State -W
BYU -W
Chat -W
UF - L (I think this will be a close loss and I give Florida the edge only because UT is playing away)
UGA - L (given the bye week, pruitt and kirbys hostility, playing at UT and Chaney trying to prove himself.... I could see this going bad for us. I think that UT leads for some of the game, but GA has more talent and more depth on the field which helps them close it out in the 4th quarter)
MS State - W
Alabama - L
USCjr. - W
UAB - W
KY - W
Missouri - W
Vanderbilt-W

Final, 9-3

Floor of 7 wins, ceiling of 10 wins.

Good luck this year. I hope you beat the gators, but lose to UGA and close out with 10 wins.
I agree with you I think Tennessee goes 9-3 losing to Florida,Georgia and Alabama. I think Tennessee will spend New Years in Tampa playing in the Outback Bowl against Michigan State,Iowa or Penn State.

Belle+Meade+Bourbon+Family.jpg

UF is losing 4 out of 5 of their starting offensive lineman from 2018. They lose their leaders on defense as well. They do not yet have the depth to truly stack the team back.

Florida’s roster-wide depth is the best it has been in a decade. Absolutely loaded at WR, TE, RB, DL, LB and the secondary will be ridiculously good. Even the QB position is three-deep; Franks, Trask and Emory Jones. UF lost Polite and Chauncey Gardner on defense, but bring back about 15 guys who have played a ton. So, “they lost their leaders on defense” is wrong. The only spot of concern for UF is o-line, but even that is overblown by hopeful rival fans. UF did lose 4 2018 starters but they bring back Heggie who had numerous starts in 2017 and Stone Forsyth and Chris Bleich, both of whom played in double-digit games last year. Jean Delance will start at right Tackle and he played in games as a true freshman for Texas in 2017 before transferring. Nick Buchanan also returns, he started every game at Center last year. So the o-line will certainly need time to gel, but it’s not like they’ve got 5 inexperienced stiffs they’ll be trotting out. I will admit that if they have any key injuries here, they’ll be relying on some very young and inexperienced guys to step in. Make no mistake about it, Florida is coming after Georgia this year. See y’all in Jacksonville, the winner will be in Atlanta.

Based on UT's offensive line from the Spring Game.......I wouldn't bet anything on winning more than 7 games, 6 games may be the actual results.

2019 Tennessee Volunteers 9-3 and 5-3 in the SEC

Georgia State W
BYU W
Chattanooga W
@Florida L
Georgia L
Mississippi State W
@Alabama L
South Carolina W
UAB W
@Kentucky W
@Missouri W
Vanderbilt W

SEC East in 2019

1)Georgia 10-2 7-1 in the SEC
2)Florida 10-2 6-2 in the SEC
3)Tennessee 9-3 5-3 in the SEC
4)Kentucky 7-5 4-4 in the SEC
5)Missouri 5-7 3-5 in the SEC
6)South Carolina 5-7 2-6 in the SEC
7)Vanderbilt 3-9 0-8 in the SEC

SEC West in 2019

1)Alabama 12-0 8-0 in the SEC
2)Texas A&M 10-2 6-2 in the SEC
2)LSU 9-3 6-2 in the SEC
3)Mississippi State 7-5 3-5 in the SEC
4)Auburn 5-7 2-6 in the SEC
4)Ole Miss 4-8 2-6 in the SEC
5)Arkansas 4-8 0-8 in the SEC

Last edited:
Unless your post represents a collective, you're either an "alumnus," "alumna," or given young folks' inability to understand the binary nature of gender, an "alumnum." But thank God you have a Volnation-level grasp of written communication. You will fit in so well.

Unless your post represents a collective, you're either an "alumnus," "alumna," or given young folks' inability to understand the binary nature of gender, an "alumnum." But thank God you have a Volnation-level grasp of written communication. You will fit in so well.

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back