'19 GA DL Justin Eboigbe (Bama signee)

What are you talking about? Lynx has been a regular of the recruiting forum for around a decade that I can remember. Just because he isn't always posting doesn't mean he isn't closely following
Edited the 5 words. Now back to "what I was talking about."

I also encourage people not to get discouraged today. Remember this is the 1st of 2 signing days. We’re in good position for a couple more huge recruits. If we strike out on them in Feb then yeah sure go ahead and panic

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
I also encourage people not to get discouraged today. Remember this is the 1st of 2 signing days. We’re in good position for a couple more huge recruits. If we strike out on them in Feb then yeah sure go ahead and panic

Wright, Gray, and Crouch most likely. That's a solid finish.

But is there really anyone else of significance? Russel will be a nice pick up but he isn't going to generate a ton of excitement. Unless the stars align and the seas part, HT is not coming here.

Hopefully someone like Bryce Thompson falls in our lap again this year.

Going 5-7 ugly does influence a lot of kids. Kids don’t go to college thinking 5-7 is possible. They’re all playing for NCs, draft picks and all conference, at the worst. Imagine how well Pruitt would have recruited if the team had just shown improvement down the stretch to 6-6? Instead it was ugly finish and that does influence people and gives other schools ammo to use against you.

Reactions: AaronUT

But is there really anyone else of significance? Russel will be a nice pick up but he isn't going to generate a tone of excitement. Unless the stars align and the seas part, HT is not coming here.

Hopefully someone like Bryce Thompson falls in our lap again this year.

Those 3 are the most sure thing, and make no mistake those 3 take this class from good to really really good (I won’t say great due to lack of big time Dline recruits and a more sure thing a speed WR).

Other than the big 3, Henry T isn’t out yet is he? Don’t think so. And of course, new names will surface. They always do. We will just have to wait and see.

I keep seeing references to AV even in this thread. You cats do realize he cosigned the complete BS, the largest troll job I've ever seen on VN, in the Gruden thread by MIT Beaver, right??? Why you give that cat 1% credibility on anything is beyond me to understand, but hey, it's still a free country, go for it if so inclined.
You absolutely have zero idea as to what you are attempting to talk about. You, like many posters read something and interpret it the way you want to rather than the way it was meant.

AV NEVER SAID GRUDEN WAS COMING TO COACH THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE VOLUNTEER FOOTBALL TEAM! NEVER!

You absolutely have zero idea as to what you are attempting to talk about. You, like many posters read something and interpret it the way you want to rather than the way it was meant.

AV NEVER SAID GRUDEN WAS COMING TO COACH THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE VOLUNTEER FOOTBALL TEAM! NEVER!
Shhhhhh, you’re gonna ruin his agenda

You mean like Wright, Crouch, and Russell?

And, to be fair, UT is far from the only school that's going to be scouring the nation in January for unsigned kids at need positions.

People just going to keep hanging their hats on Wright and Crouch.

Nobody in their right mind is suggesting that they aren't great pick ups. But it's not enough. Too many holes along the DL. Russel isn't a bad pick up but he's pretty much the definition of a late find/scraping the barrel; how many did we strike out on before we got to him? A lot. The defensive front seven of this class is weak.

Especially for a program that hasn't won 6 games in two years, it's really an amazing finish--two (former) 5* and one 4*

Russel will be a nice pick up but he isn't going to generate a ton of excitement.

Agree, but, on paper, he will fill a huge need, as it's slim that Henry T signs with us.

Too many holes along the DL.

I agree; the lack of DL recruits is a real issue with this class. An elite pass rusher is sorely needed.

Russel isn't a bad pick up but he's pretty much the definition of a late find/scraping the barrel; how many did we strike out on before we got to him? A lot.

I don't think Russell is "scaping the barrel" at all--he's received a number of SEC offers over the past few weeks, and appears to have the measurables to be an impact player. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we struck out on Pappoe (and likely Henry T) before turning up the heat on Russell?

I agree; the lack of DL recruits is a real issue with this class. An elite pass rusher is sorely needed.

I don't think Russell is "scaping the barrel" at all--he's received a number of SEC offers over the past few weeks, and appears to have the measurables to be an impact player. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we struck out on Pappoe (and likely Henry T) before turning up the heat on Russell?

And Marshall. We also felt good about K. Brown before his trip to A&M.

Who is the second 5 star OT we got today?

truth be told classes with linemen are never ranked highly. we got SEC players today.

fyi youre prob looking at a mix of rivals, scout, and 247.

still said, its Pruitts second year. gotta win some recruiting battles you arent supposed to win. especially for instate guys. when you lose to Vandy, those are battles that have to win.

Botch won some of those battles. And he couldnt even coach.

Exactly. Jones lied through his teeth and oversold everything. There simply is no shortcut. Fitzgerald is the biggest ‘signee’ of the day.

Very glad Fitz is staying, huge win. However, if he truly is the biggest signee of the day, we’re screwed. Getting guys bigger and stronger is important and it’s great. But if you’re getting the same type lesser players that are currently on our roster bigger and stronger, we’re screwed. The ONLY way this program gets turned around is by landing our share of the best, most talented players that we’ve struck out on so far today. Better get Gray tomorrow and Crouch and Wright come February or this is gonna be another good, not great class....and we need to stack great classes, no matter who our strength coach is.

VN Store

Back