'19 GA DB Jammie Robinson (FSU)

I'm at the point where I think the Vols finish with Wright, Toot or Russell(one or the other, no way we get both), Jammie with Harris as a blue-shirt. I will be ecstatic with that finish, especially if it's Toot instead of Russell. Russell is still a pretty good back-up plan. Either way, Jammie will end up on the field before either one of the Lbs. I would pencil in Jammie as a starting punt and/or kick returner sometime in the first 4 games of the season.

I'm at the point where I think the Vols finish with Wright, Toot or Russell(one or the other, no way we get both), Jammie with Harris as a blue-shirt. I will be ecstatic with that finish, especially if it's Toot instead of Russell. Russell is still a pretty good back-up plan. Either way, Jammie will end up on the field before either one of the Lbs. I would pencil in Jammie as a starting punt and/or kick returner sometime in the first 4 games of the season.
He doesn’t have a spot.

Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS
They didn't specify, but they said the "door was closed".

Think we had to prioritize LBs with our limited spots, and it just didn't work out.
Imo our secondary class is pretty good anyway. (Assuming we can get Harris qualified) it’s not a huge loss if we miss on Robinson.

Reactions: Kiner57
He doesn’t have a spot.
It was "X" from Basilio's Blog that said Jammie is a definite take, soooo......., not sure if he is the most reliable source. Still since Jammie is a baller and looked so good in the stormtrooper uniforms, I'm thinking he is right. Well, hoping, at least. We finish with Jammie, Wright, either Toot or Russell and Harris blue-shirts. I'm sticking with that. Don't let me down "X"

Reactions: T Dog
toots gone
jammie gone
russell gone
sign wright and harris and call it a class.

The Gamecocks have been in a heated battle for Robinson over the past few months, with programs like Kentucky, Tennessee and Auburn all coming in and out of the picture. With each program feeling confident at different times during his recruitment, the Gamecocks appear to be the team to beat heading into Signing Day. The talented defensive back is an ideal fit for defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson’s scheme, and landing him would be a nice final piece to the puzzle for the Gamecocks.
-Rivals

It is possible we miss on Toot or Russell if not both. Pick is a long shot. So if we only hit on Wright of the four, would we not have room then for Jammie. He may have wanted an assured spot so no way CJP would tell him that right now. So, perhaps the ship has sailed with no room because he wasn't going to wait for others to decide to see if we had space. As you all know, recruiting is fluid so nothing surprises me as far as how it ends up.

It is possible we miss on Toot or Russell if not both. Pick is a long shot. So if we only hit on Wright of the four, would we not have room then for Jammie. He may have wanted an assured spot so no way CJP would tell him that right now. So, perhaps the ship has sailed with no room because he wasn't going to wait for others to decide to see if we had space. As you all know, recruiting is fluid so nothing surprises me as far as how it ends up.

right, things constantly change as you mentioned but it may be dependent on who we finish with.. Now if we do miss on specific name, would we fill this class or hold the spots (2020)? Holding the spots seems logical with the emphasis placed in state next year coupled with the fact that many of the relationships for 2020 are well established at this point with staff being here for a full cycle now..

but if they were to miss, jammie would be in this class undoubtedly but it would still be name specific for remaining spots

right, things constantly change as you mentioned but it may be dependent on who we finish with.. Now if we do miss on specific name, would we fill this class or hold the spots (2020)? Holding the spots seems logical with the emphasis placed in state next year coupled with the fact that many of the relationships for 2020 are well established at this point with staff being here for a full cycle now..

but if they were to miss, jammie would be in this class undoubtedly but it would still be name specific for remaining spots
according to Price, who was just on Swain's show, he seems to think that if we miss on one or more of these guys, they'll just count Solomon to the 19 class, and go in to 20 with a full 25 spots or more. if we're short a guy this class, they may "take a guy", but according to Price, he seems to think this is the year that we kind of get back to zero on the class size, so we can build depth with the next class. thinks that's probably more important than getting a guy to fill out the class this year.

according to Price, who was just on Swain's show, he seems to think that if we miss on one or more of these guys, they'll just count Solomon to the 19 class, and go in to 20 with a full 25 spots or more. if we're short a guy this class, they may "take a guy", but according to Price, he seems to think this is the year that we kind of get back to zero on the class size, so we can build depth with the next class. thinks that's probably more important than getting a guy to fill out the class this year.

Exactly..

If we had a sure spot for Jammie, we would have taken his commitment a while back. Other schools made him a priority; UT didn't. Even if we have a last-minute spot, he's likely to stick with another school, especially now that Felton is gone.

Reactions: JacketVol
Exactly..
yeah, i didn't really disagree with it either.

think about that from a sales pitch stand point..."if we don't get you, we're just not going to take anyone, that's how important we think you are....we're willing to potentially give up a spot in next year's class to make room for you NOW"

Reactions: MoB_MoVols
I doubt we zero out the class with Wright. If Pruitt can pick up a few quality grad transfers or late signees to fill immediate needs, he'll do that. More transfers will become available in the spring, and academic risks could become eligible. They're still filling needs. Winning depends on it.

I doubt we zero out the class with Wright. If Pruitt can pick up a few quality grad transfers or late signees to fill immediate needs, he'll do that. More transfers will become available in the spring, and academic risks could become eligible. They're still filling needs. Winning depends on it.
yeah, price alluded to the GT issue, especially a QB. said he wasn't sure about taking a madre london type just for a body though. if they're going to take transfers, except for QB which they would take for depth, i think anyone else would have to be thought to be a contributor immediately.

VN Store

Back