'20 GA CB Kamar Wilcoxson (Florida commit x3)

We just gotta be making up names at this point. 🤨
FavorablePossibleDuckbillplatypus-max-1mb.gif

jaquita lovin armani

Real name

Don’t believe me go to Facebook

Kamar Wilcoxson has been committed to Florida for more than four months, but he’s still keeping an open mind about the recruiting process and continuing to explore other options. That’s what brought him back to Tennessee last weekend. The four-star Class of 2021 athlete from Cedar Grove High School in Ellenwood, Ga., visited the Vols on Saturday after getting a scholarship offer from them in December, and while he remains committed to the Gators, he said he’s already hoping to return to Tennessee as early as next month.

“They told me they’re going to try their best to flip me before it’s time to sign,” said Wilcoxson, who already has received offers from 21 schools. Despite his commitment to Florida, where he’s planning to visit again Saturday, he said he’s “going to probably go back for the spring game” at Tennessee, and he’s not planning to shut down his recruitment in the near future.

Wilcoxson said he plans to return to Tennessee so he can “go back, check it out and then keep building my relationship with the staff, because I like it up there.” “I’m going to catch a game there this year,” he added. Ansley, who joined Tennessee’s staff last month, made a good impression on Wilcoxson, who had met Ansley during a past visit to Alabama. “I liked it because, in practice, he takes the safeties and Coach Pruitt takes the corners, so it’s like, they’re still getting good work,” Wilcoxson said. "You really don’t have to worry about reps like that with two (secondary) coaches. “I liked (the practice) because it was quick. They were getting in and out of drills and getting to it.”

“I feel like they’re on the right track,” Wilcoxson said. “I mean, it’s really a traditional program, just with a new staff, so I like it. I can see that they’re fixing to turn the program around.” He said he’s still “solid” in his commitment to Florida, but he’s not ruling out anything with the early signing period for the 2021 class still almost two years away. In addition to perhaps visiting Tennessee again next month, Wilcoxson said he’s “going to probably” visit LSU during his upcoming spring break. “I’m solid, but I'm still looking,” he said. “It’s just making sure I’m making the right decision for me. … I’m not going to shut it all the way down until signing day. I’m going to keep my eyes open.”

VN Store

Back