'20 GA CB Kamar Wilcoxson (Florida commit x3)

"I went up to Tennessee for my first time a few weeks ago and they really did grab my attention," said Wilcoxson. "They are pushing for me and they want to flip me from Florida. "I really see coach Jeremy Pruitt turning that program around. He is a defensive head coach, he has a great staff there and he is going to get Tennessee a lot better."

"Coach Derrick Ansley is a great coach. He explains everything well and he knows how to coach his players. With him and coach Pruitt being guys who know a lot about defensive backs really stands out to me. "Coach Pruitt was focused on cornerbacks at practice with coach Ansley working with safeties. Those guys know a lot about my position and I like that. I watched practice, I sat in meetings, I talked to the coaches and I like how they explained things, I liked how they coaches and I really liked the vibe there."

"I had a good time on the visit and Florida is still the school I am committed to, but Tennessee is right there too. Tennessee really has my attention." LSU is hanging around too. Before that trip up to Knoxville, the Tigers were the school on Florida's heel's. "I am still looking at LSU. My first visit there was a very good one. I had heard a lot about LSU, so I got to see it, and it was great. I saw why their defensive backs are always so good. They were out there working and it was impressive.

"LSU is still a school I am looking at, but Tennessee is the one who has moved up the most for me." Wilcoxson does not have his next visit planned at the moment. He is likely to take in a spring practice or two and maybe a spring game somewhere in the coming weeks, but nothing is set. Florida is the school on top now, but Tennessee is surging. "I really like Florida and Tennessee a lot," said Wilcoxson. "I like the coaches at both schools and I loved seeing both practice. Both are intense, both work hard and I like the guys who coach my position at both schools."

-Chad Simmons, Rivals

Recently asked me for a UF graphic. Think he's staying put.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back