'20 GA ATH Wesley Steiner

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
wvyml4ufmbgreykceas5

Wesley Steiner, Houston County, Athlete

Wesley Steiner, 2020 Athlete - Rivals

Random poster on VQ said he is one to watch. Figured I would make a thread.

"A lot of other schools are talking to me a lot right now. Kentucky, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Clemson and Georgia Tech are some of those. Tennessee has really come on recently. I have been talking a lot to coach Kevin Sherrer. I am more interested in Georgia Tech now too with the new coaching staff there.

"I do not have any other visits outside of the one to Stanford scheduled right now. I know I am going to camp this summer at Auburn, Clemson, Tennessee and LSU. I may do more. Working with the coaches and learning more about them is very important to me, so the camps show me a lot.

"I just have to get out and find out if the school is right for me or not. A lot will play into it. I want to see who is fake and who is genuine."
Rivals

Another kid who impressed was linebacker Wesley Steiner. We mentioned the Houston County (Ga.) product in the War Room and he earned the linebacker MVP award and an invite to the 5-star Challenge. Steiner is a different cat, but at 6-foot, 220-pounds, he’d be a good fit in Tennessee’s 3-4 scheme. Kevin Sherrer likes him a lot. He recently visited Stanford and Auburn, LSU and Kentucky are in the mix.
Simonton

"My recruitment has been going well," Steiner said. "I'm really focused on track season right now so I'm not trying to do much visiting or anything. I'm not really interacting with coaches right now. I want to focus on track until spring ball opens up in a few weeks. My schedule is always packed."

Stanford, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, Clemson and others are recruiting Steiner. Linebackers coach Kevin Sherrer is in charge of recruiting Steiner and the Houston County product plans on coming back to Tennessee for camp later this spring.

"I know Tennessee is pretty and they have tradition and they have Gus's the chicken place near there," Steiner said. "The coaches tell me that they like that I'm big, fast and smart. That's what I hear from them."

Steiner sees the need for linebackers at Tennessee. It's the pitch from Sherrer, who is looking to find more depth at his position.
"I talk coach Sherrer a good bit," Steiner said. "I like how mellow he is. He doesn't go over the top and is pretty straight to the point."

His most recent visit was to Stanford to see one of the schools that he is intrigued by. Obvioulsy the biggest question that comes up is the distance from home. Is that a factor for Steiner?

"I'm comfortable with it, but my family isn't," Steiner said. "They constantly tell me that they know I'll make the right choice. If push came to shove they could watch it on the Pac 12 network. I have some family out there so they could stay with them and plan out a trip."

And when he sits down to focus on a decision, he knows what he's looking for in a school. It's about finding the right fit both academically and athletically.

"How strong my degree is going to be," Steiner said. "I'm not worried about playing time. That's going to come when it comes. The feel of the coaching staff. Who is going to set me up the best with what I'm given to get to the next level and get my degree."

Steiner wants to be a college coach some day. He is looking at schools with good business schools in an effort to get a solid degree and set himself up for the future.
-VQ

Reactions: AaronUT and T Dog
"I come from a highly prestigious university. When I talk to you rednecks, I gotta dumb myself down."
The numbers don't lie!

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT SOMOA JOE AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER WRESTLER YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD KURT ANGLE TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT SACRIFICE YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I, I GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE KURT ANGLE KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO SOMOA JOE YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT SACRIFICE. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT SACRIFICE! SENIOR JOE?THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT SACRIFICE!

The numbers don't lie!

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT SOMOA JOE AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER WRESTLER YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD KURT ANGLE TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT SACRIFICE YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I, I GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE KURT ANGLE KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO SOMOA JOE YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT SACRIFICE. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT SACRIFICE! SENIOR JOE?THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT SACRIFICE!

Greatest Steiner promo ever

If we can pull this kid and Whitehead, we'll have a really nice haul of ILB the past 3 cycles. JJP, Crouch, To'oto'o Whitehead and Steiner.

Also if we make it in the final 4 I like our chances if it's us Stanford, LSU and the barn. Gus is gone after this season, Orgeron is likely on the way out too and Stanford while being a prestigious school is on the down-hill slide and far away from home.

Edit: Not in Top 4, I refrain my statement.

Last edited:
If we can pull this kid and Whitehead, we'll have a really nice haul of ILB the past 3 cycles. JJP, Crouch, To'oto'o Whitehead and Steiner.

Also if we make it in the final 4 I like our chances if it's us Stanford, LSU and the barn. Gus is gone after this season, Orgeron is likely on the way out too and Stanford while being a prestigious school is on the down-hill slide and far away from home.

Ed O isn't going anywhere lol

VN Store

Back