'18 GA ATH Reggie James IV (Tennessee PWO)

I realize this kid has already been discussed in a few threads after signing yesterday, but I haven't created a recruit thread in a while and I needed to get my fix.

Besides, as I understand it, this is a kid who had a few legit P5 offers and his Hudl is actually very good. He could potentially become a player/contributor for us, unlike most pwos.

Man that kid plays football extremely angry.
Very athletic & football smart on tape.
Could be linebacker or fullback at Tennessee.

And with that tape if he is healthy again. No way he isn’t a major player on special teams units very soon. Very impressive PWO

7716080.jpg

6'3" 240lbs
GAINESVILLE, GA
(CHESTATEE)

247Sports
Rivals
Hudl

Is he over whatever injury he had? Will he play this year or redshirt I wonder?

Dang I think we may have gotten a steak if the kid can get back healthy. Plays physical, when on offense runs angry. On Defense he can shed blocks and get to the QB or ball carrier. Anyone else like this pick up as much as I do?
I love a good steak ….and I like this pickup!

Reactions: Brillovol and T Dog
Dang I think we may have gotten a steak if the kid can get back healthy. Plays physical, when on offense runs angry. On Defense he can shed blocks and get to the QB or ball carrier. Anyone else like this pick up as much as I do?
I am liking who the staff is bringing in. Most guys with size. And about 2 years from now we will be a bigger team and with great coaching, future is looking bright.

Reactions: VetVol
Is he over whatever injury he had? Will he play this year or redshirt I wonder?

I don’t think he will report until towards the end of August from what I read in the FF. He had some nerve damage in his deltoid and they were going to move a nerve from the pectoral area to help, however, James said he woke up one morning and could feel his shoulder again, so I that wasn’t necessary...just doing rehab now...

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
It’s not very often you find a guy that big that can play both sides of the ball the way he does. He’s a very large kid already with great instincts, very aggressive, and explosive. Solid pickup in my book. I’m wondering where Pruitt will play him. Looks like a LB/TE/FB/ST Warrior imo

eSPqpS_U_400x400-300x300.jpg

He said he was facing "a very long recovery with surgery" coming off his injury last season. He received scholarship offers from 12 schools, including Colorado State, Purdue, Louisiana Tech, Florida International, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Navy and Rice. Auburn and Miami were among the teams that once showed interest in him as a preferred walk-on.

James said he originally planned to sign with a school on National Signing Day in February, but he said he "lost my scholarships due to the injury." After having "an unexpected recovery," he said, Tennessee "hit me up late in the summer" and offered him an opportunity to join the Vols as a walk-on.

Three-star Class of 2018 athlete to join Vols as walk-on

James is a really big athlete who can play a lot of positions. He loves to hit and shows an elite burst coming off the edge. He is a major weapon in the passing game and he shows really good vision with the ball in his hands down field – he even makes some really nice cuts against the grain. James’ athleticism is really impressive and after watching him against some tough GA competition we think he should collect some local Div 1 offers this upcoming season. His potential as a pass-rusher should not be downplayed, and that seems like an area where he has a ton of upside. Senior year he has really increased his level of play, making impact plays on both sides of the ball, and looks like an FBS caliber athlete no doubt.
Reggie James – ATH

I'm curious, what exactly were the holes in his game that prevented him from being rated higher or recruited by more major power 5 schools? It just doesn't add up after watching his film. He looks damn impressive.

This kid just straight up lays the wood. Impressed for a PWO. Could he be the new Bain?

Once past his injury and a year in our strength and conditioning program he will be a force to be reckoned with. Great instincts and a natural athlete. Good addition to the team.

Looks like he could be used as an OLB that can rush the passer in some of the blitz packages. Deceptive speed for his size. Will be interesting to see how CJP uses him.

Just a pure football player. I loved his "Hudl" video. Seems to love to hit, whether he is blocking, tackling or trying to run over people. Whenever he gets healthy, I see him contributing on special teams, immediately

VN Store

Back