'20 GA ATH/RB Tank Bigsby (Auburn)

With Florida in turmoil, LSU in the dumps, Auburn on the struggle bus, and Tennessee having one of the most lightning offenses in college football, we should be taking some big recruits and transfers from the big boys.

Any player who isn't excited to play in this offense is stupid.

lol
This part is crazy:

"One of the hottest rumors is that head coach Bryan Harsin–whose first year in charge has come undone since the team beat Ole Miss to become bowl eligible and move to 6-2–could be looking to make a move back to his home region to coach in the Pac-12."

There's no way he walks away from making over 5-mil per year
Some people I think would gladly take a slight pay cut to escape the pressure cooker of coaching at Auburn while still being a multi millionaire

lol
This part is crazy:

"One of the hottest rumors is that head coach Bryan Harsin–whose first year in charge has come undone since the team beat Ole Miss to become bowl eligible and move to 6-2–could be looking to make a move back to his home region to coach in the Pac-12."

There's no way he walks away from making over 5-mil per year
Depends on how many years and if you can salvage still being a head coach somewhere.

More interesting than Bigsby in that article is the possibility of Harsin possibility Kiffining the Barn and head back west. The entire SEC could benefit by Auburn still in turmoil. Especially if the rumors of pods coming to replace divisions once Oklahoma and Texas join. One popukar pod has Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Vanderbilt together. Here lately consensus would have us 3rd in that. But if Auburn goes through another coaching change Especially after the different candidates it went through before landing Harsin. We could slide into 2nd most stable program and then by then Saban would have to be nearing retirement. So we could possibly be close to catching them.

Sorry to hijack your post. But I saw a diamond in the rough. Lol

I think this is actually ideal for us. Auburn will always have a tough time pulling the best Alabama kids because of Alabama.

And Saban is much closer to retirement than ever. There is an inevitable drop off. We could do well.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Last year, Alabama signed 7 of the top 15 players from Florida. That is why none of the Big 3 Florida teams are doing well. Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St,and Clemson are recruiting Florida better.

As I’ve said a million times…the most overrated notion in recruiting is that instate talent is a huge advantage. Kids just don’t care anymore about going to school instate. It’s about what you’re selling. Yes, proximity might matter, but state lines just don't matter. That’s why most of the top Florida kids are leaving the state.

As I’ve said a million times…the most overrated notion in recruiting is that instate talent is a huge advantage. Kids just don’t care anymore about going to school instate. It’s about what you’re selling. Yes, proximity might matter, but state lines just don't matter. That’s why most of the top Florida kids are leaving the state.
I’ve said it a million times more. I am not worried about where they are from. Are they good at football? Do they want to play for Tennessee?

I wish I could like this post a thousand times. The people that continue on about how important instate players are baffle me.

But it seems for Florida and Georgia schools to do well, they have to get a high number of their instate kids.

But to your point, I just looked at Ohio States skill players.
QB - California
Starting WR - 2 from Texas (including 1 from Austin). 1 from California
Starting RB - Virginia
Starting TE - New York

If Pac12 and Texas were doing better, those would be tougher pulls. So it does shift the balance nationally.

With Florida in turmoil, LSU in the dumps, Auburn on the struggle bus, and Tennessee having one of the most lightning offenses in college football, we should be taking some big recruits and transfers from the big boys.

Any player who isn't excited to play in this offense is stupid.

Are recruits seeing what we’re seeing? They remain hesitant to pull the trigger for whatever reason. It’s beyond frustrating as we know the potential here.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
Are recruits seeing what we’re seeing? They remain hesitant to pull the trigger for whatever reason. It’s beyond frustrating as we know the potential here.
It usually helps for the next season….. most guys this recruiting class already had established relationships and their mind close to made up where they were going…. It may help us have more success in the transfer portal though.

More interesting than Bigsby in that article is the possibility of Harsin possibility Kiffining the Barn and head back west. The entire SEC could benefit by Auburn still in turmoil. Especially if the rumors of pods coming to replace divisions once Oklahoma and Texas join. One popukar pod has Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Vanderbilt together. Here lately consensus would have us 3rd in that. But if Auburn goes through another coaching change Especially after the different candidates it went through before landing Harsin. We could slide into 2nd most stable program and then by then Saban would have to be nearing retirement. So we could possibly be close to catching them.

Sorry to hijack your post. But I saw a diamond in the rough. Lol
USC come calling?

If you are a starter in this offense, you will put up big numbers. You'll get noticed far more than other schools with a middling offense.

If he does enter or is in the transfer portal, this would be one of my biggest wishes or hopes for us to land. If I remember correctly we were in his recruitment pretty deep coming out of high school. He would be a great fit for this offense and would put up big numbers with his speed and power. Even more important with Evans not returning.

giphy.gif

On recruiting instate players it’s not the end all but all coaches like to get their share of players that you get close to your area. That don’t mean you don’t go anywhere and everywhere for players because many teams don’t have hotbeds you recruit from. There are some players that don’t care about distance but all players and families are different. But your never going to ignore your base state either when you have power 5 talent in it, you can recruit both close and afar! GBO!

VN Store

Back