'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

You gotta think that Wanya can talk him into at least hearing Pruitt out.
I think it may be better served to close Henry.... Keep pressing on Marshall.... And reinforce with Russell.

Just don't know if this juice is worth the squeeze anymore.1544159223905.gif

Reactions: SweetasSoda
“Notably, Pruitt still has a number of key in-home visits remaining before the early signing period (Dec. 19). While Auburn linebacker commit Owen Pappoe reaffirmed his commitment to the Tigers on Wednesday, Tennessee still has a chance to sway Pappoe’s decision over the next two weeks. Pappoe won’t OV here this weekend, but Pruitt plans to go in-home next week. The Vols were certainly in a much better position just a week ago, but they’re not dead here yet either. ”

VQ

“Notably, Pruitt still has a number of key in-home visits remaining before the early signing period (Dec. 19). While Auburn linebacker commit Owen Pappoe reaffirmed his commitment to the Tigers on Wednesday, Tennessee still has a chance to sway Pappoe’s decision over the next two weeks. Pappoe won’t OV here this weekend, but Pruitt plans to go in-home next week. The Vols were certainly in a much better position just a week ago, but they’re not dead here yet either. ”

VQ
If Pappoe were completely done, then VQ wouldn't show any optimism here.

I don't know how this ends, but speaking as an uninformed observer, this kid has behaved like someone who didnt want people to stop talking about him. Immediately after committing, he began to tease other schools. I don't think anyone knows how much is bluff and how much is serious. Maybe the last 4 months has been a big feint to make a splash recommitting to Auburn, and maybe his recommitment to Auburn is a feint for whatever choice he ultimately makes. But he sure seems to love the limelight.

Reactions: Brillovol
giphy.gif

I wouldn't at all be optimistic about it. But I guarantee Pruitt sets the record straight about what Gus said about this staff on the in home visit. I wish Pruitt would send out a tweet that he wishes he could kick Auburn's butt every year as well.

The better question is will he still be allowed in home next week like he is already scheduled to be.

Reactions: JacketVol
Yep, it's why it's best not to get too excited when VolMan58 says someone is a silent commit, particularly when that someone is a public commit elsewhere.
Well, I'm not big on telling people to lower their expectations or not to get excited, that's the fun part about following recruiting. But yes, the other part is knowing that things change daily and nothing is guaranteed until they sign. Good info today can be wrong tomorrow. Getting upset with someone who shares info that ends up being wrong later is a "you" problem. Even info straight from a kids mouth, or his moms mouth, or coaches mouth will end up wrong often. Recruiting is a rollercoaster and some people can't handle it. Personally, I love it.

I don't know how this ends, but speaking as an uninformed observer, this kid has behaved like someone who didnt want people to stop talking about him. Immediately after committing, he began to tease other schools. I don't think anyone knows how much is bluff and how much is serious. Maybe the last 4 months has been a big feint to make a splash recommitting to Auburn, and maybe his recommitment to Auburn is a feint for whatever choice he ultimately makes. But he sure seems to love the limelight.
Maybe the limelight or maybe the need for a minimum of two participants to make possible a bidding war. If it's just Auburn then there's no one to up the ante. Auburn can't bid against it's self.

Well, I'm not big on telling people to lower their expectations or not to get excited, that's the fun part about following recruiting. But yes, the other part is knowing that things change daily and nothing is guaranteed until they sign. Good info today can be wrong tomorrow. Getting upset with someone who shares info that ends up being wrong later is a "you" problem. Even info straight from a kids mouth, or his moms mouth, or coaches mouth will end up wrong often. Recruiting is a rollercoaster and some people can't handle it. Personally, I love it.

Yeah don't get upset with the person sharing the information rather give little value to the said information as it is always shaky at best.

Yep, it's why it's best not to get too excited when VolMan58 says someone is a silent commit, particularly when that someone is a public commit elsewhere.

If you think this one is bad, you should have been around for the Quay Walker announcement last year. The video cut out for me at the office when he picked up the Tennessee hat. I was texting all my buddies about how we got Quay only to find out the butthead threw the hat across the stage and put on a Georgia hat. The same insiders were wrong about that one last year as well. But when you get your info from one of the coaches, and they're taken by surprise what do you do? You can tell by Hubb's comments and Ovosets tweet that they didn't see this coming.

If you think this one is bad, you should have been around for the Quay Walker announcement last year. The video cut out for me at the office when he picked up the Tennessee hat. I was texting all my buddies about how we got Quay only to find out the butthead threw the hat across the stage and put on a Georgia hat. The same insiders were wrong about that one last year as well. But when you get your info from one of the coaches, and they're taken by surprise what do you do? You can tell by Hubb's comments and Ovosets tweet that they didn't see this coming.
I've been following recruiting a long time. I am just as happy when they sign as anybody, I've just learned to be careful about back channel info, it's wrong far more often than it's right. JMO though.

Last edited:
Assuming that the numbers that get thrown around from time to time are true, bag men operate on the fringes of the law. What was the purported number for Cam Newton, $130k? If that money actually ends up with Cam's family, do they report the income to the IRS? If not (which is most likely), then does that become leverage? And once there is leverage, what the recruit wants may not matter quite so much.

Assuming that the numbers that get thrown around from time to time are true, bag men operate on the fringes of the law. What was the purported number for Cam Newton, $130k? If that money actually ends up with Cam's family, do they report the income to the IRS? If not (which is most likely), then does that become leverage? And once there is leverage, what the recruit wants may not matter quite so much.
You have to prove they received said moneys...therein lies the rub.

VN Store

Back