'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

Talked to him that night. He didn’t really believe it. Shocked. Still thought it wasn’t over until the ink was dry. Pointed out AUB hadn’t been in contact for weeks. Said he’d still support him wherever he went but, in general, as surprised as the rest of us.
This still leaves me shaking my head and my jaw dropped. No matter the amount of money, How do you feel comfortable going somewhere when they have not contacted you for weeks? Just doesn’t make sense.

I'm not talking about the IRS. I'm talking about using fear of discovery as a tool for manipulation. Stick and carrot.

Cash is untraceable. That's why it is used.

I've also heard that the bagmen are lawyers now-a-days. That way they can claim attorney client privilege when someone comes asking questions. That's supposedly the Kiffin/USC model. I don't know if that is true or not, but it makes sense.

Reactions: nesbuddha66

I've also heard that the bagmen are lawyers now-a-days. That way they can claim attorney client privilege when someone comes asking questions. That's supposedly the Kiffin/USC model. I don't know if that is true or not, but it makes sense.
Right, but the University could theoretically issue a 1099 or w/e appropriate form to the IRS. They obviously wouldn't implicate themselves like that, but potentially gullible or just fearful recruits' parents could buy that threat.

This is all just hypothetical based on SSVol's post. I don't think that would ever happen. Any recruit should realize that the University has FAR more to lose than they do.

Reactions: VolDC
Talked to him that night. He didn’t really believe it. Shocked. Still thought it wasn’t over until the ink was dry. Pointed out AUB hadn’t been in contact for weeks. Said he’d still support him wherever he went but, in general, as surprised as the rest of us.
Sr isn’t telling you the entire story...

Reactions: Nashvegas31
Sr isn’t telling you the entire story...

giphy.gif

Callahan says gotta flip Mama if we want OP.

One thing I've noticed on some of the ones we have lost abruptly... it seems like we have been on the wrong decision maker. Now part of that could be their unwillingness to be open but there have been a few times where I wondered why we weren't on the family more. Other cases aren't like that so probably a reason such as her being so stuck on twill and loyal to him

Reactions: Tetonvol
One thing I've noticed on some of the ones we have lost abruptly... it seems like we have been on the wrong decision maker. Now part of that could be their unwillingness to be open but there have been a few times where I wondered why we weren't on the family more. Other cases aren't like that so probably a reason such as her being so stuck on twill and loyal to him
Momma was definitely on our side when Jacob Copeland chose Florida.

Well, I'm not big on telling people to lower their expectations or not to get excited, that's the fun part about following recruiting. But yes, the other part is knowing that things change daily and nothing is guaranteed until they sign. Good info today can be wrong tomorrow. Getting upset with someone who shares info that ends up being wrong later is a "you" problem. Even info straight from a kids mouth, or his moms mouth, or coaches mouth will end up wrong often. Recruiting is a rollercoaster and some people can't handle it. Personally, I love it.
Guess you love to lose

Logically this doesn't make sense, I refuse to believe Auburn is so incompetent that they ignore their 5 star crown jewel of their class for weeks/months. Somebody, I don't know who, but somebody in this game of telephone is having a bit of fun with everyone else.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
So do we still have an in-home with OP or has he(or momma) cancelled? Does he still plan on visiting UT? I'm just wondering if Pruitt is still gonna get a chance to sell OP and his momma on UT?

Right, but the University could theoretically issue a 1099 or w/e appropriate form to the IRS. They obviously wouldn't implicate themselves like that, but potentially gullible or just fearful recruits' parents could buy that threat.

This is all just hypothetical based on SSVol's post. I don't think that would ever happen. Any recruit should realize that the University has FAR more to lose than they do.

Just depends on the situation boys. There are a TON of ways to skin that cat. Actually cash is not really as preferred as it used to be unless structured correctly. But then again what do I know.

Paying recruits is not illegal. it is an NCAA "rule" violation... and the NCAA has no subpoena powers to compel anybody to produce any evidence...Using Agents that get involved with families...that appears to be the route these days.

Auburn nobody does it better...You get on probation trying to "compete" in that game wiith them...

Reactions: Dudley Smith

VN Store

Back