'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

I don't doubt at all you are just relaying what was told to you just like when you post on recruits you are simply passing along information. What I'm saying is just because he told someone that doesn't make it the truth that's all.

There are a lot of people on here that take what you say as 100% going to happen, that's not on you at all, but it happens and then they get all bent out of shape...
This I agree with, but the story lines up with everything we know, and does not surprise me at all..it is exactly what I thought happened.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I find the disowned from family story a bit far fetched and exaggerated. I don't doubt a coach might have used that as part of explanation of why a kid was lost but i don't see parents disowning a kid because he picks TN over Auburn. They would be the worst of the worst scum on the planet to do such a thing. I don't think it was that serious. I think it was simply t TWill had their heart and auburn would best our bid no matter what. It's not like Pappoe didn't like Auburn. Maybe Pappoe said that to someone so they wouldn't hate him but as a parent I could never see how that could even be a thought process

Agree. This story will never stay under the wraps. It will come out but only if it's not a VolNation story and becomes a SEC Story...

Does it warrant Scrutiny? Yes, if true.

Will it cause an inquiry? possibly If there is the predicted changeover on staff next year as predicted it will definitely come out and Pappoe will not be the only one. Kids talk.

Could it affect the players and their futures? Doubt it because it will take the NCAA about 5 to 6 years to investigate....

Think about it, if we know this on Volnation then this story is either out there for others and it will grow legs because we are not the only ones that hate Auburn

If it is an assumption and is not true....Libelous....

Last edited:
agreed. I mean, hell, the news is enough. some dad left his baby in one diaper for 14 days. You can imagine the ending result based on that but there isnt a murder charge harsh enough on the books to bring that mfer to justice.

OP parents arent that guy at all but parents have to make decisions and they have to wear a million hats at once. Hats like doctor, therapist, boss, friend, advisor, nutritionist, motivator, teacher, body guard, etc. The OP family thinks this is the best for their son and their family as a whole. Did they take the best route? In our opinions, no. But that's irrelevant. I feel bad for this kid because he will be assigned a coach in a years time that he may not like. But that's the risk the OP family took and its theirs to carry.

It's not uncommon for a parent to dictate where their kid goes to college, independent of financial status. rich kids are forced to go to private colleges sometimes. My wifes brother was forced to go to private college when he wanted to go to USCjr. flunked out in two semesters and his parents made him pay his loan. Idk. I hope they own it if OP isnt happy but I'm sure he will be fine. Auburn is a neat little town.
Great post...and it won't surprise me if he transfers out when Gus and his staff are fired. This is the AU machine trying to keep the cupboard stocked to make sure the job is still an attractive position when they fire Gus. If people don't see that, they are blind.

I hate AU, but I will never question the commitment of the people in their machine.. I wish we had a more commitnent to winning from our money men like them.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
I see that all the time..and worse.

I have this little girl who is extremely crippled from birth because of her filth parents. I've taken her to Vandy childrens hospital several times, and she has had 38 surgeries by 5 years old..Her filth dad takes the benefits he gets and gets drugs with it. Meanwhile his sister and her husband are raising the little girl, on their dime, and are the ones that go on all the hospital trips with her...

I begged her to go the authorities, but she won't because she loves her brother.

That is just one story.
God bless you. There is a special place hell for some of these parents.
I hear stories like this a lot too. My wife at one time worked for DCS. Now she works with victims for the DA's office. Many of them are children. Very sad, and it's a hard job and weighs on her.
You are doing good man and the world needs people like you to help those who can't help themselves. Hang in there.

God bless you. There is a special place hell for some of these parents.
I hear stories like this a lot too. My wife at one time worked for DCS. Now she works with victims for the DA's office. Many of them are children. Very sad, and it's a hard job and weighs on her.
You are doing good man and the world needs people like you to help those who can't help themselves. Hang in there.
I know a lot of people here don't like me much, and maybe they have good reason not to, but I do really try to help a lot of people, and do the best I can to help.

What is really strange in this senecio is the fact that it seems like they want Gus gone but then the bagmen help him get players to keep him there.

They aren’t getting good players for Gus. They are just getting good players. Bagmen aren’t tied to coaches. They want what they deem best for the University.

If Phillip Fulmer finds out, Auburn will be destroyed. If you think our AD is going to sit back and let this happen, the way he hates the state of Alabama, then all of need to go and jump into a lake somewhere where it is 30 below.

Sorry, but that's not going to happen.

IF 'the deal' went down this way, you're going to need proof. Hard proof, not the he said she said kind. Problem is, Auburn is REALLY good at this crap and there is no proof..

We worry about the ones we got and move on.....

Reactions: SugarCC
If Phillip Fulmer finds out, Auburn will be destroyed. If you think our AD is going to sit back and let this happen, the way he hates the state of Alabama, then all of need to go and jump into a lake somewhere where it is 30 below.
I'm sorry, I don't speak jibber jabber.

What is really strange in this senecio is the fact that it seems like they want Gus gone but then the bagmen help him get players to keep him there.
They probably have confidence that Gus will fail no matter the level of players there, so they are going to keep the cupboard full for the next coach.

Nope...they are doing it to keep the roster filled to keep the job attractive enough to haul in a big name after they fire Gus next year.

Nobody much has the balls to take over a dumpster fire like we were, no matter how much you pay.

The entire SEC turned in Alabama on the Albert means issue. The bammers just blamed (gave credit to) Fulmer.

VN Store

Back