'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

AV gets more far fetched every day. This ones a doozy.
Alex Collins had to get his estranged father to sign his LOI because his mother wouldn't. Landon Collins had to endure the embarrassing PUBLIC shenanigans by his mother that continued past that one moment. I can go on. If you think it's far fetched, you haven't been into recruiting very long. it's happened plenty of times. We just dont hear about it as often.

heres the Alex Collins story if you dont recall

Mother of former Miami Hurricanes commitment Alex Collins refuses to sign letter of intent

I find the disowned from family story a bit far fetched and exaggerated. I don't doubt a coach might have used that as part of explanation of why a kid was lost but i don't see parents disowning a kid because he picks TN over Auburn. They would be the worst of the worst scum on the planet to do such a thing. I don't think it was that serious. I think it was simply t TWill had their heart and auburn would best our bid no matter what. It's not like Pappoe didn't like Auburn. Maybe Pappoe said that to someone so they wouldn't hate him but as a parent I could never see how that could even be a thought process
You know all parents are not the same right....there are some truly horrible parents in this world that do things that make most sane adults cringe.

This AV story is a bit over the top for me. Forbid him from ever entering the home again? Please.....

I don't doubt the parents put a lot of pressure on him, but that is carrying it a little too far.
As AV said earlier in his post, he repeats what kids say, right or wrong.

The narrative to make it "the AV story" seems in line with ignoring all the info that has panned out (visits we didn't know about, getting players that we didn't think were possible etc) but pointing out repeatedly when a recruit falls through.

I think it's pretty obvious what happened here. Auburn had not spent much time working Pappoe. In the mean time, Tennessee and Wayna worked him hard. He probably told Wayna he was coming. Auburn comes in the house and meets with the family. They ask Owen to leave the room. They show mom and dad a lot of money. Auburn leaves. Parents tell Owen where he's going and UT is not allowed back in the house. Kids still rely on some parents support in college, some more than others. Owen does what his parents tell him to do.

This is supposedly how it went down with Cam Newton. The NCAA said since Cam didn't know about it, he couldn't be held responsible. How Auburn got out of it, I can't recall. Probably couldn't trace it back to auburn.

What i have relayed to you in regards to this situation is simply what he told our coaching staff when he spoke to them regarding the fact he was staying committed and was shutting his recruitment down. TIFWIW
You have the patience of a saint to deal with some of these mouth breathers on here.

I could see it but take out the drama of a high school kid telling the story. Reality would probably be closer to a major guilt trip over how much ___ would help the family.
But accounts always seem a little embellished at that age.

Forget any butthurt. Auburn's entire class seems a little suspect given the whole of the situation down there.

Auburn cheats at a level higher than any other program. Alabama is a close second.

What i have relayed to you in regards to this situation is simply what he told our coaching staff when he spoke to them regarding the fact he was staying committed and was shutting his recruitment down. TIFWIW

I believe it. The LOVE of money Is a powerful thing. But I’m sure it was the leadership and character being taught by Gus and crew that kept him at the barn. I hear he’s a graduate of the “Urban Meyer school for people who want to recruit gooder.”

I could see it but take out the drama of a high school kid telling the story. Reality would probably be closer to a major guilt trip over how much ___ would help the family.
But accounts always seem a little embellished at that age.

Forget any butthurt. Auburn's entire class seems a little suspect given the whole of the situation down there.
One thing to think about, what would you rather have.. A school buying players to sway them to come (no matter the circumstances) or a school that has players commit because the want to come... Maybe that is why Auburn has its struggles 🤔

Alex Collins had to get his estranged father to sign his LOI because his mother wouldn't. Landon Collins had to endure the embarrassing PUBLIC shenanigans by his mother that continued past that one moment. I can go on. If you think it's far fetched, you haven't been into recruiting very long. it's happened plenty of times. We just dont hear about it as often.

heres the Alex Collins story if you dont recall

Mother of former Miami Hurricanes commitment Alex Collins refuses to sign letter of intent
There are a lot gullible people in here with their head in the sand. This story doesn't surprise me at all. I see far worse family situations than this every freakin day on my job, the story I heard yesterday was heartbreaking...a lot of poor people have a lot of HORRIBLE and to me and you insane, family issues over money, or lack of it...

I don't doubt at all you are just relaying what was told to you just like when you post on recruits you are simply passing along information. What I'm saying is just because he told someone that doesn't make it the truth that's all.

There are a lot of people on here that take what you say as 100% going to happen, that's not on you at all, but it happens and then they get all bent out of shape...

Will get 50 likes
As AV said earlier in his post, he repeats what kids say, right or wrong.
Will get ignored
giphy (1).gif
😂
J/K, AV.
Please keep sharing what they say, never gonna blame you for their decisions. I, for one, enjoy reading about it.

There are a lot gullible people in here with their head in the sand. This story doesn't surprise me at all. I see far worse family situations than this every freakin day on my job, the story I heard yesterday was heartbreaking...a lot of poor people have a lot of HORRIBLE and to me and you insane, family issues over money, or lack of it...
agreed. I mean, hell, the news is enough. some dad left his baby in one diaper for 14 days. You can imagine the ending result based on that but there isnt a murder charge harsh enough on the books to bring that mfer to justice.

OP parents arent that guy at all but parents have to make decisions and they have to wear a million hats at once. Hats like doctor, therapist, boss, friend, advisor, nutritionist, motivator, teacher, body guard, etc. The OP family thinks this is the best for their son and their family as a whole. Did they take the best route? In our opinions, no. But that's irrelevant. I feel bad for this kid because he will be assigned a coach in a years time that he may not like. But that's the risk the OP family took and its theirs to carry.

It's not uncommon for a parent to dictate where their kid goes to college, independent of financial status. rich kids are forced to go to private colleges sometimes. My wifes brother was forced to go to private college when he wanted to go to USCjr. flunked out in two semesters and his parents made him pay his loan. Idk. I hope they own it if OP isnt happy but I'm sure he will be fine. Auburn is a neat little town.

You have the patience of a saint to deal with some of these mouth breathers on here.
I'm glad he tells us what he does, but for the life of me I don't understand why anybody would. The despicable idiots of VN are not worth it, and sure not worth all the great charity work he does here.

If it was me I wouldn't say anything. I would just let this place burn, I'm not that great a guy, and stupid people piss me off.

AV is a great guy for being able to see past the garbage posters of VN, and to be a help to good people who aren't miserable filth buttholes.

The guy is a VN treasure...NOBODY else here on VN does what he does to help families in a very real way, despite the negative harrasment and derision.

I take what he predicts with a grain of salt because I know kids tell the money men what they want to hear and use them without regard, but I still like to know.

Now @Atlanta VOL ...you and your compadres PLEASE do not let Wright off the hook. Whatever that cat wants...make it happen, I'm sick of teams like Auburn winning this game.. and I know that's easy for me to say.

I'm glad he tells us what he does, but for the life of me I don't understand why anybody would. The despicable idiots of VN are not worth it, and sure not worth all the great charity work he does here.

If it was me I wouldn't say anything. I would just let this place burn, I'm not that great a guy, and stupid people piss me off.

AV is a great guy for being able to see past the garbage posters of VN, and to be a help to good people who aren't miserable filth buttholes.

The guy is a VN treasure...NOBODY else here on VN does what he does to help families in a very real way, despite the negative harrasment and derision.

I take what he predicts with a grain of salt because I know kids tell the money men what they want to hear and use them without regard, but I still like to know.

Now @Atlanta VOL ...you and your compadres PLEASE do not let Wright off the hook. Whatever that cat wants...make it happen, I'm sick of teams like Auburn winning this game.. and I know that's easy for me to say.
So how do you really feel???? You should really learn how to express yourself better....

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Some parents are a pure POS. I've heard of parents in underprivileged family's returning gifts their children were given by charities to get the cash for themselves.
Have no doubt that some dictate where there kids will attend school.
I see that all the time..and worse.

I have this little girl who is extremely crippled from birth because of her filth parents. I've taken her to Vandy childrens hospital several times, and she has had 38 surgeries by 5 years old..Her filth dad takes the benefits he gets and gets drugs with it. Meanwhile his sister and her husband are raising the little girl, on their dime, and are the ones that go on all the hospital trips with her...

I begged her to go the authorities, but she won't because she loves her brother.

That is just one story.

VN Store

Back