'20 GA ATH Jimmy Calloway (UT SIGNEE)

I mean there is nothing wrong with having a fast slot receiver who is just as big as JJ. Which Tillman is. Especially if they put Keaton and Palmer on the outsides. But like @greazy1722 said Johnson will also be in the slot so.... I wonder if they run a lot more 4 wide sets next year.
I just see Tillman as more of an outside possesion reciever like Marquez, that's just my personal opinion though, I see BJ and Gibbs as more of slot reciever, make no mistake if JJ was faster they might have moved him outside, he's inside because he's a little bit slower, tough as hell and fearless

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Tillman will be a surprise next year. Dude has wheels. Did anyone see him basically run down Gray and the Vandy DB to make sure Gray scored? I was like "WOW"...
Your tv may be slow. I saw him have to pull up, to keep from passing Gray. Looked like a thoroughbred, hitting his stride in the homestretch, and the rest of the field trying to hang on, and make it to the wire.

I saw it. I don't think any of our coaches guaranteed Johnson a starting spot so they could redshirt him. If they did, we have coaching issues. He'll play a lot and he'll have a chance to start.
I guarantee they made a promise or he probably wouldn't have done it, imagine going from being the top pass catcher on the team 2 years ago to being a senior taking a redshirt to come back for your 5th year and you're healthy, promises were made, I'm not saying he can just count on it and not work hard but I'm sure that he has a leg up on the rest of the guys potentially going for that slot role

I don't follow recruiting a whole lot but I read this morning on another site UGA might be on the verge of offering?

I guarantee they made a promise or he probably wouldn't have done it, imagine going from being the top pass catcher on the team 2 years ago to being a senior taking a redshirt to come back for your 5th year and you're healthy, promises were made, I'm not saying he can just count on it and not work hard but I'm sure that he has a leg up on the rest of the guys potentially going for that slot role

Why would they have to promise him anything? What's he gonna do? Go pro? Good luck with that. And if he transfers, he'd be sitting this year anyway, so there's no point in that, either.

Here's what they told him: you can play this year, be out of eligibility, and maybe get some garbage time after Jennings, Calloway, and Palmer are done for the day OR you can redshirt in 2019, come back next season, and compete for the abundance of available minutes left by the departure of Jennings and Calloway and end your college career on a high note. Even if he doesn't start, he plays a lot.

It's a no-brainer. The kid would have been an idiot to turn down the redshirt option this year, unless he's just tired of football. There's no need to promise him anything other than a chance to compete. No coach is gonna promise more than that anyway.

Reactions: JacketVol
Not disagreeing with your argument, but he wouldn't have to sit. He would be a graduate transfer and immediately eligible.

Not disagreeing with your argument, but he wouldn't have to sit. He would be a graduate transfer and immediately eligible.
Has he graduated? Was it previous to THIS season? Because it’s doable, we’ve come to assume graduating in 3 seasons is fait accompli...it’s not.

Why would they have to promise him anything? What's he gonna do? Go pro? Good luck with that. And if he transfers, he'd be sitting this year anyway, so there's no point in that, either.

Here's what they told him: you can play this year, be out of eligibility, and maybe get some garbage time after Jennings, Calloway, and Palmer are done for the day OR you can redshirt in 2019, come back next season, and compete for the abundance of available minutes left by the departure of Jennings and Calloway and end your college career on a high note. Even if he doesn't start, he plays a lot.

It's a no-brainer. The kid would have been an idiot to turn down the redshirt option this year, unless he's just tired of football. There's no need to promise him anything other than a chance to compete. No coach is gonna promise more than that anyway.
actually he could've just redshirted finished school and grad transferred but I'm just spit balling here

actually he could've just redshirted finished school and grad transferred but I'm just spit balling here

I mentioned that in the first paragraph of my last post. I mean, I guess he could do that, but what's the point? He'd be sitting out this year anyway. He can go somewhere else and compete in 2020 or he can stay at UT and compete in 2020. Competing at a place that just lost its 2 best WRs, you're familiar with the system, you're familiar with the QB, you're already settled in...that makes the most sense. Redshirting this season and coming back in 2020 was the absolute best and smartest thing for Johnson. I just don't see that any unnecessary promises would have to be made in order to get him to do it.

-Chad Simmons

giphy.gif

I mentioned that in the first paragraph of my last post. I mean, I guess he could do that, but what's the point? He'd be sitting out this year anyway. He can go somewhere else and compete in 2020 or he can stay at UT and compete in 2020. Competing at a place that just lost its 2 best WRs, you're familiar with the system, you're familiar with the QB, you're already settled in...that makes the most sense. Redshirting this season and coming back in 2020 was the absolute best and smartest thing for Johnson. I just don't see that any unnecessary promises would have to be made in order to get him to do it.
Just because you don’t see it happening doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, doesn’t mean it did either. Point is, none of us know or ever will know so it’s unnecessary to fill up this recruit’s thread debating it.

Johnson will start at Slot next year.

I don't think so.
He'll play a lot and make some bigtime veteran catches but Calloway might the best dude by the end of the year.

Gibbs is a question mark.

Palmer is an NFL WR imo, but who will balance the field out and take away double coverage? Hyatt will add a dimension we haven't had but will he be consistent stater by this year? I don't believe so. Needs more strength.

I don't think so.
He'll play a lot and make some bigtime veteran catches but Calloway might the best dude by the end of the year.

Gibbs is a question mark.

Palmer is an NFL WR imo, but who will balance the field out and take away double coverage? Hyatt will add a dimension we haven't had but will he be consistent stater by this year? I don't believe so. Needs more strength.
Dude. You and this obsession with freshmen coming in and being dominant! This is not NCAA FOOTBALL 14.

Tell that to Henry To'oto'o.

I mean Will Ignot??? Because there was no way he could beat Will out.👍
Didn’t remember you carrying water for Toto...I did. My go to has always been PLAY YOUR TALENT. Some on here advocated sitting Morris, Wright, Toto, Crouch et al. Didn’t see the talent ahead of them to keep them on the bench. Don’t have the same conviction with Calloway but I don’t preclude the possibility. It’s not that you’re so much out of left field with your absolutist predictions, Little. It’s the yelling and animated histrionics out in center.

Didn’t remember you carrying water for Toto...I did. My go to has always been PLAY YOUR TALENT. Some on here advocated sitting Morris, Wright, Toto, Crouch et al. Didn’t see the talent ahead of them to keep them on the bench. Don’t have the same conviction with Calloway but I don’t preclude the possibility. It’s not that you’re so much out of left field with your absolutist predictions, Little. It’s the yelling and animated histrionics out in center.

"The end is near!"

It only happens when i see posters not understanding the situation. People are really wanting to cut this kid?

And I said Henry T would start by game 4...
Before the season started. That was bold. Yet..i was still wrong.

Need to hold on to this one. AP said on podcast earlier in week that Callaway values relationship with our staff and us believing in him first. The KY lure is their pitch for Bowden role. Got to overcome that.
Bowden will play receiver in the nfl and he would have gone higher in the draft if he had played for a team that was capable of a forward pass

Bowden will play receiver in the nfl and he would have gone higher in the draft if he had played for a team that was capable of a forward pass

I actually think it improved his stock him having to play QB. NFL loves versatility

I saw it. I don't think any of our coaches guaranteed Johnson a starting spot so they could redshirt him. If they did, we have coaching issues. He'll play a lot and he'll have a chance to start.

Why would coach waist a red shirt on a 5th year senior that he has no plans on playing? He brought Jennings back like he did Brandon. Coach has big plans for nephew. I already knew I was being quite about it. The redshirt was in works before season started. I know more than you think I know. Trust me

Why would coach waist a red shirt on a 5th year senior that he has no plans on playing? He brought Jennings back like he did Brandon. Coach has big plans for nephew. I already knew I was being quite about it. The redshirt was in works before season started. I know more than you think I know. Trust me

It made sense. Brandon will be playing with a more cosistent passing setup. Better QB play and pass blocking.

With that said, if we hang to Calloway he WILL start over Brandon and enyone else trying to play slot.

VN Store

Back