'20 GA ATH Jimmy Calloway (UT SIGNEE)

Johnson and Palmer will be the starters
with Gibbs most likely in the slot, but I think we'll see a greater rotation next year. Keyton and Tillman will play a lot.

I would expect to see Johnson in the slot a lot as well. I imagine that is why Pruitt suggested he RS this year. He runs good routes and has good hands.

Reactions: Blake25p
People expect too much from true freshmen IMO.

Like Eric Gray....
Jaylen McCullough.
Darnell Wright...etc.

Were losing 3 of our top 4 receivers (DWA).
I did not once say he was going to come in dominate. But start? Easily...
It happens every year, yet people still have trouble with calling it before it happens.

No way they had Brandon Johnson red-shirt to ride the pine next year

If he doesn't win the job, they did. But I doubt he "rides the pine." He can play a lot without being a starter. And they need the depth. He'll compete for a starting job, but it won't be given to him.

No way they had Brandon Johnson red-shirt to ride the pine next year

I don’t know what is going to happen receiver wise... we have a lot of talented ones.... Palmer, Gibbs, Tillman, Johnson, Keaton, Montgomery I guess Tillman and Keaton could assume Marquez’s role?? But I assumed Tillman would take JJs role. It’ll be interesting to see what the rotation will be like especially with these speedsters coming in.

I don’t know what is going to happen receiver wise... we have a lot of talented ones.... Palmer, Gibbs, Tillman, Johnson, Keaton, Montgomery I guess Tillman and Keaton could assume Marquez’s role?? But I assumed Tillman would take JJs role. It’ll be interesting to see what the rotation will be like especially with these speedsters coming in.
Tillman ain't a slot, he's got better speed than JJ (not hating on JJ, he's a straight up man just a fact), he plays out wide for sure.

Tillman ain't a slot, he's got better speed than JJ (not hating on JJ, he's a straight up man just a fact), he plays out wide for sure.

I mean there is nothing wrong with having a fast slot receiver who is just as big as JJ. Which Tillman is. Especially if they put Keaton and Palmer on the outsides. But like @greazy1722 said Johnson will also be in the slot so.... I wonder if they run a lot more 4 wide sets next year.

VN Store

Back