'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

Wow! It's amazing how things change with one big-time coaching hire. I remember not too long ago that you said you would be floored if he ended up anywhere but LSU. Hope Shoop stays through 2017 at least.

Perfect storm. Les on shaky ground. JS familiar with Shoop.

He's definitely listening. I have softened my stance on LSU or bust. I think we are in this one.

Perfect storm. Les on shaky ground. JS familiar with Shoop.

He's definitely listening. I have softened my stance on LSU or bust. I think we are in this one.

So I formally nominate you as resident insider on this particular recruit. Can I get a second?

Should be the #1 player on our board for next year.

Gibbs is incredible.

You know what's crazy. If we land Derrick Brown this year, we'll be favorites to land the #1 player in Georgia the next 2 years.

#1 player in Georgia
2016 - Derrick Brown
2017 - DeAngelo Gibbs
2018 - Trevor Lawrence

State of Georgia will be ours.

Reactions: 1 person
This is why I don't take the Auburn talk with Warrior serious. Gibbs isn't even paying attention to Auburn.

^This. Tired of the big bad Auburn bogeyman thing. Malzahn is mad desperate and Steele has won the desperation hire of the year two years running. Warrior is just noise generated from their hype machine.

Reactions: 2 people
^This. Tired of the big bad Auburn bogeyman thing. Malzahn is mad desperate and Steele has won the desperation hire of the year two years running. Warrior is just noise generated from their hype machine.

Right. Auburn is just a pain in the ass for Tennessee when it comes to recruiting.

We lead here by a good bit. When Warrior pops I would not be surprised if Gibbs is not far behind. He is enjoying his visit quite a bit.

Reactions: 17 people
Would be awesome but I don't see him publicly saying anything so he can enjoy recruiting process

Yeah, I'd love to see him commit early. Of course it's not like Nigel has any room to pressure him seeing he drug it out till the very last day. We need Gibbs. Hope he chooses the Vols.

6'2" 204 as a rising senior.

Anyone else think this kid puts on 20 lbs and plays the Star?

“i like it,” he said. “i’ve been up there multiple times, and they’re high (on my list). I like it. It’s a family atmosphere. It’s really comfortable, so i like that.”

“he’s a great guy, great coach,” gibbs said of shoop. “he seems like he’s just ready to win.”

“you never know. You never know what’ll happen,” gibbs said. “i have to do what’s best for me. I’ll take notice (of where he goes). But, at the end of the day, i’ve got to do what’s best for me.”

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back