'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

That’s a good question Ron. Saw that posted somewhere else, pretty sure it’s complete crap. Don’t even think it’s worth the time to look up.
Unless he is pulling Rivals rankings or ESPN, I know it isn’t true on 247. TN has 3 5-stars alone counting Trey and 2 last year. SC has Pickens last year. Not sure on the 20 5-star count either, 18 in the last 4 cycles not including the ones in 2020. SC will probably get one or two this year as well.

Reactions: KBVol
Unless he is pulling Rivals rankings or ESPN, I know it isn’t true on 247. TN has 3 5-stars alone counting Trey and 2 last year. SC has Pickens last year. Not sure on the 20 5-star count either, 18 in the last 4 cycles not including the ones in 2020. SC will probably get one or two this year as well.
The original post in the FF said Ga had 18 of the 20 in the east.
If the were excluding Trey, unfortunately, That's probably very close going back to the 2016 class.

Our 2 (not counting Trey) and I believe they missed Zach Pickens at SCjr. But fairly certain that's it. All the rest in the East are at Ga.
2015 was different but think they're all gone?

The original post in the FF said Ga had 18 of the 20 in the east.
If the were excluding Trey, unfortunately, That's probably very close going back to the 2016 class.

Our 2 (not counting Trey) and I believe they missed Zach Pickens at SCjr. But fairly certain that's it. All the rest in the East are at Ga.
2015 was different but think they're all gone?
Yeah, only counted back to 2016. This year, 10 of the top 30 have UGA in their top 3, think they probably get 5. 2 are already committed, 2 are silent, so 1 out of the remaining six if the commits and silents hold. Also, got a couple guys that could move up to the fringe.

I think the 5 star notion is a bit overplayed, if you are rated 95 or above, you are elite and among the best players in the nation. Think the target is 60 being 4/5 stars to be at the top in CFB talent. Of the last 7 teams that had 60 or more, only 6 regular season losses.

Last edited:
This one won't be over until his name is on the dotted line, regardless of any commitment to anyone. That's just declaring a leader for a 5 star.

VN Store

Back